Week 4: Cincinnati Elder vs. Lakewood St. Edward at The PIT

ElderHSfan02

St. Edward will travel to Cincinnati to take on Elder at The PIT Saturday at 4pm. Elder has upset St. Ed's a couple times in The PIT. Can they do it again Saturday?

St. Edward will travel to Cincinnati to take on Elder at The PIT Saturday at 4pm. Elder has upset St. Ed's a couple times in The PIT. Can they do it again Saturday?
The Pit can be a very unforgiving place for visiting teams. I remember losing there in 2014, when St. Edward was ranked number one in the country. After coming back down to earth, the Eagles went on to win the state championship. So, I hope the Green and Gold players don’t have big heads after their 47-7 win over Mentor.

The Pit has been unkind to some very good St. Edward teams (better ones than this year). Hopefully Lombardo is reminding his guys of that fact throughout practice this week. Ramsey always seems to have a great offensive game plan dialed up for Ed's defense. Upset alert game for sure.

The bus ride is a bit of an equalizer for high school. I wasn’t trying to stir. It’s early in the season

If the Eagles do not have a let down from week 3, they should win by two scores at least. The Pit can be brutal though.

Agree. Who is the favorite
Eds has a very strong team
Elder has no bus ride and home field in the Pit
Throw in a bunch of 17-18 year olds….? Who knows ????

Agree. Who is the favorite
Eds has a very strong team
Elder has no bus ride and home field in the Pit
Throw in a bunch of 17-18 year olds….? Who knows ????

I agree. It is still early in the season, but so far Ed's has been the more impressive team. Elder lost to Pickerington Central already. Ed's blew out Mentor(I understand the Mentor QB got hurt but still impressive to beat Mentor that handily). Any state rankings will have Ed's higher than Elder right now.

That said, Elder has a very good QB who will probably go Ivy league, MAC, or D2 along with Drew Ramsey the coaches son who does it all at WR/RB/QB/OLB. Elder has 3 other big targets to throw to in Harp, Browne, Kirsch all basketball players who can go up and get it. Elder has a solid RB in Flowers. The offensive line is not the biggest this year and did not do a good job against Pickerington Central. Elder's defense is very solid this year with speed in the secondary, quick linebackers, and a solid NG. They play very disciplined and fast.

Elder has an extra day of rest and also coming off an easy game. Elder also has the home field advantage.

Elder 31
St. Ed's 28

According to the cleveland.com, St. Edward is ranked #2 in their D1 State Rankings. Elder jumps in at #9 listed as 2-1.

I think this ends the who is the favorite talk.

Cleveland.com D1 State Rankings

1. St. Xavier (3-0)
2. St. Edward (3-0)
3. Springfield (2-0)
4. Pickerington Central (3-0)
5. Lakota West (2-1)
6. Medina (3-0)
7. Princeton (3-0)
8. Marysville (2-0)
9. Elder (2-1)
10. Stow (3-0)

If the atmosphere is still what it was 20 years ago...the St.Ed's kids are in for a treat. What a great place to play.

If the atmosphere is still what it was 20 years ago...the St.Ed's kids are in for a treat. What a great place to play.

It will be a day game, but I think it will be a pretty large crowd Saturday. Game day at The Pit is still a pretty big deal on the westside. It's dropped off a little since then, but still a good gameday experience. The Elder student section will be rocking as usual.

Thank your for the smart answer. I suppose my laziness in not bothering to look earned it.

Angelo is awful, btw.
I was answering it honestly so not sure how to take this.

I’m a Cubs / Bears fan and I can say the same thing listening to Hamilton and Donovan for that matter. It is what it is when you listen to hometown announcers.

Thank your for the smart answer. I suppose my laziness in not bothering to look earned it.

Angelo is awful, btw.
I believe Elder streams all Home Games. Check on ehsports. Warning the main Elder announcer is not very good either in my opinion.