Week 4 Benedictine (3-0) @ Bishop Hartley (2-1)

Who will Win

• Benedictine

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Bishop Hartley

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

I think I like Benedictine in this one but it’ll be a good game. Seems like it’ll be the Hartley run vs the Benedictine pass.

The Bengals don't have a ton of depth, but if the starters are able to stay healthy and on the field, I think this will be a great game.

What a great game!!

it just looks good on paper.

Columbus Bishop Hartley vs Cleveland Benedictine

If Bengals are healthy I’ll take them.
I remember Benedictine playing in a State Championship vs Kenton and what a team Benedictine had.
And Hartley with back 2 back State Titles over Big Red.

A lot of tradition with these schools history.

Good Luck to both teams and props for scheduling it!!

What kind of defense does Hartley run?
Looks like they really like to load up the box but I don’t think that’s the best choice against Benedictine’s receivers.

I've watched both Benedictine and Hartley play.
I would give Benedictine the edge by 10-14 points.
The Bengals offense is versatile with an excellent passing QB and many talented receivers.
Their running back Jackson is good enough to keep defenses honest.

Hartley has an outstanding run game so their key is to establish the run and possess the ball with long, time consuming drives.
I don't think they've seen an athletic DL as the Bengals, who can force the Hawks into long yardage situations.

Imo, Benedictine has just the kind of team who can beat Hoban. You have to be able to pass the ball and stop or at least slow down the Knights potent rushing attack.

I’ve seen Hartley play a few times.
As for specific set of defense, I’m really not sure.
But the have good speed on the edge and in the back for their defensive scheme.

Same on offense.
Real fundamental in scheme and really good linemen, lbers and DB’s are fast and can cover.

They schedule pretty smart and are not used to losing that often.
That’s all I can speak to is in generalized terms. Sorry nothing specific other than tough gritty well coaches kids.
I’ve seen Bene a little vs Walsh Jesuit.

I’ll take Benedictine 24-17

Ok that makes more sense!
What coaches mean by the term "in the box" is how many defenders are employed in an area close enough to the line of scrimmage where they can directly impact a rushing attempt by the offense. In the example shown below, the defensive team is using a traditional 7-man front to stop the run

What coaches mean by the term "in the box" is how many defenders are employed in an area close enough to the line of scrimmage where they can directly impact a rushing attempt by the offense. In the example shown below, the defensive team is using a traditional 7-man front to stop the run
Yes, generally linemen and linebackers lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-202933_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-202933_Google.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 11
It should be a good game.

We need sapientia et veritas he is a Hartley expert, or so he says he is.

I haven’t scouted Benedictine, and I don’t get access to film. I’ll have no opinion on how they match up until after the game. Hartley cleaned up some of the execution issues from the first two games, but I’m assuming from pedigree that Benedictine isn’t as bad as Canal was without their primary offensive weapon. And there’s no way to predict how many key players are impacted by Covid come Friday night. It’s another impossible season for prognostications.

Three defensive linemen on the line 95% of the time.
In addition, the DBs play man. And they’re fast and coached to be handsey. Seem to always be a little short though. They can be beat with precision QBs throwing to tallish receivers. LBs are always very physical and tend to be very game smart with experience.

Hartley Head Coach said last Friday The Benny’s one of the
Better teams he has seen in a while. Should be A good game.
Got to give the Guys on Zettler Rd some credit. They have a Pretty
Good Schedule this year.
I’m going
Benedictine 35
Hartley. 21