Week 3 Scores

i heard that moeller, when they played elder, was missing one of their setters in the 6-2 formation that they run. I doubt it would be cherry because elder would've beat moeller without their best setter

Moeller didn't play their B game vs Elder, but they didn't play as well as they're capable of either. Elder came out right off the bat and beat Moe in the first game by playing great defense, blocking and digging, and their passing was unreal too. Hats off to Elder, they really showed something last night, but at the same time Moeller showed some character by not folding under the pressure and pulling it out at the Pit.

Moeller doesn't run a 6-2...

ww
OK so they were "surprised" by Elder in the first game...not too bright since they should know by now that Elder was not going to be afraid of them.
That shows a lack of character.
How do you explain the score in game 4? 25-20? Not much character there.
Yeah, they won game 5 (big margin for a 15 point game) maybe Elder ran out of gas. I don't know. I'd guess Moe got lucky rather than good.

Easy does it.
We're talking about one specific match and I have not disputed the claim that position by position Moe is way above every other team.

Here's the thing...Moeller gets spanked in the first game. They supposedly wake up and win the next two and then they don't finish...

To be a dominant team, they should not have lost game 4. Elder could have easily gotten a few early breaks in game 5 and Moeller would be hard pressed to pull it out in The Pit.

Easy does it.
We're talking about one specific match and I have not disputed the claim that position by position Moe is way above every other team.

Here's the thing...Moeller gets spanked in the first game. They supposedly wake up and win the next two and then they don't finish...

To be a dominant team, they should not have lost game 4. Elder could have easily gotten a few early breaks in game 5 and Moeller would be hard pressed to pull it out in The Pit.

Im assuming you werent at the game, but by the way you are talking about how Moeller played, maybe Elder played that much better, because they did in fact beat them in a game already. In rivalry games, one team can get so overpumped for no reason and just start to dominate, its bound to happen either way. But then Moeller put it into the top gear and blew past Elder in the 5th. Just because Moeller didnt stomp every team they played 3-0 doesnt mean they arent the top team in the state.

anyways... back to scores...

according to The Columbus Dispatch

Dublin Jerome def. Deleware Hayes 25-14, 25-23, 25-21

He wasn't the kid with the long blonde hair was he? (sorry i don't remember numbers or anything)

Very short dark hair. Long blonde was Chase Fields of Fairfield. Averbeck had a very good (but streaky) jump serve, I dont know if that helps.

Im assuming you werent at the game, but by the way you are talking about how Moeller played, maybe Elder played that much better, because they did in fact beat them in a game already. In rivalry games, one team can get so overpumped for no reason and just start to dominate, its bound to happen either way. But then Moeller put it into the top gear and blew past Elder in the 5th. Just because Moeller didnt stomp every team they played 3-0 doesnt mean they arent the top team in the state.

I have not made any references to being at the game. My comments have been regarding the score or point differential. 25-16 is a spanking.

I think your point about rivalry games in on the mark and that is why I think Moe was "lucky". I suspect Moe needs to learn how to take care of business and not be so lazy (perhaps lazy is too strong but perhaps not) and rely on their awsome abilities.

That bullseye on their backs just got bigger.

As I said, I've heard it was an Elk win, but it was from a friend of a friend so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Centerville... X was without Kurtz(im sure some of you have heard about him lol), Habig, and Gilligan(both starting middles) congrats to centerville on the win over a very big program though

I am going to guess that Elder played better defense then Moeller that seemed to be their problem last year at states when their passing goes down their big tall hitters are useless. Also how can X not have their 3 best players playing against Centerville that seems very odd

Kurtz went on spring break against his coach's wishes, habig missed a practice while gone on vacation but he was back for elder... And I guess Gilligan has mono but he played against elder as well

Bell actually ended the match playing strong side and little Kues's sets seemed to be perfect the entire night...

A. Wessels - 9 kills, 5 digs; Averbeck - 8 kills, 3 blocks; Hanneken - 7 kills, 4 blocks; Toth - 5 kills, 7 blocks; C. Wessels - 6 blocks