Week 3 Scores

WNLeezy

Might as well update a thread with all the scores for the week.

Keep me updated with all the current matches everyone has finished and I will keep updating this post with the scores.

4/10

Westerville North (3) vs. Dublin Scioto (25-10, 25-18, 25-17)

Pickerington North vs. Worthington Kilbourne (4) (19-25, 25-23, 25-14, 25-16)

Moeller (5) at Elder (16-25, 25-23, 25-18, 20-25, 15-8)

Lakota East (3) at Sycamore (25-10 25-20 25-18)

Akron Hoban vs. Hilliard Darby (4) (13-25, 25-18, 25-15, 25-19)

Dublin Jerome (5) vs. Hilliard Davidson (25-17, 19-25, 18-25, 25-15, 15-8)

Lakota East (3) vs. Sycamore (25-10 25-20 25-18)

Gahanna (3)vs. Upper Arlington - 25-14, 25-15, 25-17

4/11

St Xavier at Centerville (3) (25-20, 25-23, 27-25)

Dublin Jerome (3) def. Delaware Hayes (25-14, 25-23, 25-21)

4/12

Elder at St Xavier

Westerville North at Worthington Kilbourne

Hilliard Davidson at(?) Pickerington North

Akron Hoban at Moeller

Dayton Carroll at Beavercreek

Roger Bacon at Fairborn

Last edited:

16-25, 25-23, 25-18, 20-25, 15-8 great job elder

Wow they stomped Moeller in game 1, seems like Moeller might have come in with the attitude that they were gonna easily win the thing, but then stepped it up. Sounds like an intense match, wish the 5th game could have been a little closer, but good job Elder. Great match.

Sounds like Moeller didn't learn anything though...how did they let Elder win game 4? And it sounds like that wasn't too close either.

Elder blocked extremely well and had huge games from Averbeck and Wessels hitting outside in the 4th game...

Not only is Moe beatable but maybe they don't deserve the respect everyone seems to give them. Maybe that was the "secret" to Elder's success; they were not afraid of Mighty Moe.
I don't see why they should be, beating them 16 and 20.... For a team that some people here said might not drop a game all year...
Should be an interesting re-match.

Elder also plays St. X on Thursday i believe... That match should be unreal... Anyone have any predictions? As of right now if Elder plays like they did against moe i will have to go with elder

Elder blocked extremely well and had huge games from Averbeck and Wessels hitting outside in the 4th game...

No offense, but I've seen Averbeck play on several occaisons. Is he seriously having "huge games" all of the sudden? He was borderline overrated last season and I saw no improvement this club season. You can't honestly expect me to believe that a kid who gets kills off tools gave Moeller fits.

According to this mornings Columbus Dispatch:

Gahanna def. Upper Arlington - 25-14, 25-15, 25-17

Westerville North def. Dublin Scioto - 25-10, 25-18, 25-17

Dublin Jerome def. Hilliard Davidson - 25-17, 19-25, 18-25, 25-15, 15-8

Worthington Kilbourne def. Pickerington North - 19-25, 25-23, 25-14, 25-16

Hilliard Darby def. Akron Hoban - 13-25, 25-18, 25-15, 25-19

No offense, but I've seen Averbeck play on several occaisons. Is he seriously having "huge games" all of the sudden? He was borderline overrated last season and I saw no improvement this club season. You can't honestly expect me to believe that a kid who gets kills off tools gave Moeller fits.

Averbeck has always been amazing and sometimes the quickest way to score is to hit off the block... He was huge against moeller and lasalle getting 16 kills in each. And club season is a horrible place to judge a player's talent... Some stats from Elder's matches can be seen on http://www.ehsports.com/Schedule.aspx?sportselect=306
and it's fairly obvious that averbeck isn't overrated...

Not only is Moe beatable but maybe they don't deserve the respect everyone seems to give them. Maybe that was the "secret" to Elder's success; they were not afraid of Mighty Moe.
I don't see why they should be, beating them 16 and 20.... For a team that some people here said might not drop a game all year...
Should be an interesting re-match.

Moeller, man-for-man, is BY FAR the most talented team in the state. Not even close. If you were to match up Moeller against Elder player to player, I would take Moeller's player at every position. If they play their best they WILL NOT lose. And as Tuesday shows, they can play their B game and still beat Elder's best effort (from what I heard they played great). Up until now, Moeller had not been challenged which makes me believe they lost a bit of their edge...until now. I STILL think Moeller will go undefeated. They are the best team in the state. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't lose, but even a loss to the second best team in the state would be a huge upset in my opinon.

Also, respect and fear are to very different things. I have respect for Moeller's team, but I am not afraid of them.

Averbeck has always been amazing and sometimes the quickest way to score is to hit off the block... He was huge against moeller and lasalle getting 16 kills in each. And club season is a horrible place to judge a player's talent... Some stats from Elder's matches can be seen on http://www.ehsports.com/Schedule.aspx?sportselect=306

I laugh at the word amazing. That's a little excessive to describe his talent.

Stats look good, but it doesn't tell the story, which is why the league/region/state votings are severly flawed.

Club season is probably the best time to judge a player. Shows how they play with lots of talent around them and if they are able to elevate their play above their teammates and still stand out.

I laugh at the word amazing. That's a little excessive to describe his talent.

Stats look good, but it doesn't tell the story, which is why the league/region/state votings are severly flawed.

Club season is probably the best time to judge a player. Shows how they play with lots of talent around them and if they are able to elevate their play above their teammates and still stand out.

I was on his club team....he was our best hitter. I don't see why you think he's overrated. You're right, the stats don't always tell the story because season stats are often skewed by playing bad teams. His two best matches this year were against the state's best teams. Averbeck is a beast.

I was on his club team....he was our best hitter. I don't see why you think he's overrated. You're right, the stats don't always tell the story because season stats are often skewed by playing bad teams. His two best matches this year were against the state's best teams. Averbeck is a beast.

Ok. I'm still not a believer. I've seen him play several times as I've said. It's not likely that he was having bad games every time. Hitting errors, passing errors, mediocre defensively, and not excessively tall. He's a good player, I just am not seeing where you guys get "great" and "beast" from.

I would say he's amazing. Like you said you can't exactly base his performance off of stats, but those stats are pretty amazing. He also hits the heck out of the ball when he wants to. I guess you'll be in the small minority of non-Averbeck fans as of right now

Club season is the BEST place to judge a person by their talent. You might want to take back that statement because in all honesty it makes no sense. The best players play club volleyball. Especially in Ohio. If you are serious about volleyball than you better be on a club team and play real competition. Which team did Averbeck play for? I know Cinci Attack but was it the team with Kurtz setting or Cherry?

Club season is the BEST place to judge a person by their talent. You might want to take back that statement because in all honesty it makes no sense. The best players play club volleyball. Especially in Ohio. If you are serious about volleyball than you better be on a club team and play real competition. Which team did Averbeck play for? I know Cinci Attack but was it the team with Kurtz setting or Cherry?

It was the 2nd team with Cherry setting.

It was the 2nd team with Cherry setting.

I remember playing all the Attack teams and getting demolished except by a 1 or 2. I just wish I knew which guys were which since ive played against all of them lol, put a face with a name atleast.

Moeller, man-for-man, is BY FAR the most talented team in the state. Not even close. If you were to match up Moeller against Elder player to player, I would take Moeller's player at every position. If they play their best they WILL NOT lose. And as Tuesday shows, they can play their B game and still beat Elder's best effort (from what I heard they played great). Up until now, Moeller had not been challenged which makes me believe they lost a bit of their edge...until now. I STILL think Moeller will go undefeated. They are the best team in the state. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't lose, but even a loss to the second best team in the state would be a huge upset in my opinon.

Also, respect and fear are to very different things. I have respect for Moeller's team, but I am not afraid of them.

I don't think Moeller was playing their B game... They might not have been playing to the absolute maximum of their abilities but they were playing well... Everyone knows that if you go player by player moeller pretty much has the top players in the state in every position but just because someone got close doesn't mean moeller wasn't playing well...

except the first game wasnt even close... elder killed them- moeller obviously came out a little flat, even if they did play well the rest of the match

Elder played the best game possible the first game and Moeller wasn't expecting it... You could say they were caught off guard but saying they still played very well the entire match...