Week 3 Reynoldsburg (0-2) @ Massillon (1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massillon#82

The Raiders have lost to Upper Arlington on a 4th and 6 TD pass with 23 seconds left and to Huber Hts Wayne on a last second FG.
This is the 1st ever meeting.

Dijon Jennings, 3* QB with an offer from Kentucky, is an exciting talent to watch. Moves well with his legs, throws an OK deep ball, good intermediate game and can make plays out of nothing.

Reynoldsburg has always been a program that has had potential. Buddy White, their coach, took the job under some tough circumstances (pay-to-play, kids transferring out) a decade ago. It's been a slow climb, but he has them playing respectable football. They're competitive in the Ohio Capital Conference and two years ago they gave Pickerington Central -- with Jennings at QB as a sophomore -- a whale of a game in the playoffs before PC won the D1 title in '19.

I don't know much about what happened with the Wayne game, but Reynoldsburg had a good lead on UA until lack-of-conditioning caught up to them on a hot night as soon as the fantastic Upper Arlington RB was heating up. Monster performance by Gresock (UA) on the ground.

Reynoldsburg is a very solid team and I think will tell us alot about what kinda season could be in store. We have several good games coming up. Need this one for sure.

I like Reynoldsburg in this one. They are the best 0-2 football team in the State. Reynoldsburg gave the Hawks problems in their scrimmage. Athletic receivers and a really good qb. Defense is big and athletic. As shown weeks one and two the hawks can play with anyone.

I wouldn’t begin to pretend I know anything about Reynoldsburg.

Tigers have a lot of promise. I’m looking forward to the game. Go Tigers!

The Raiders QB is very good but I believe our D will be up to the challenge and will keep him somewhat contained. IF we can continue to call plays and make plays the way we did from the end of the 1st half on then we should win this game by if we revert back to “the first couple pages” of the playbook then it will be much closer. I agree with Obie I could see Trell go for about 175-200.
They are giving up 7.5 ypc so far this year and that won’t bode well for them Friday night.
TIG !!!

5 Soph’s and 7 JR’s started Friday night against GO. Not to mention so many backups are Soph’s and JR’s.
It was almost a blessing in disguise that we had so many SR starters last year.
???
Yep, our depth is going to be insane with all the sophomores that are getting in the mix. I don’t wanna call this year a “down” year but I think next year we get back on track with the previous years.

Yep, our depth is going to be insane with all the sophomores that are getting in the mix. I don’t wanna call this year a “down” year but I think next year we get back on track with the previous years.
I agree certainly won’t be a “down” year but hard to compare to the previous 3. This could be similar to the 2017 season.
The best thing is the farther we go in the playoffs that is just more reps for the young kids. I think that has benefitted us the last few years playing 56 games over the last 4 seasons. There are very few teams in the State that have played that many.

And 2cent makes an appearance from 1 of his many pseudo-accounts. ^^

#massillonwannabe
no idea what that means. but please provide the region 7 heavyweights lol, or at least lets hear about how great the Massillon offense looked in the 2nd half against a team that has won a single game vs ohio teams in 2 or 3 years. this 0-2 team is different, THE best 0-2 team in the state, right?

no idea what that means. but please provide the region 7 heavyweights lol, or at least lets hear about how great the Massillon offense looked in the 2nd half against a team that has won a single game vs ohio teams in 2 or 3 years. this 0-2 team is different, THE best 0-2 team in the state, right?
Another obsessed with Massillon troll.
What team are you cheering for this week 2cent, or did you forget what username you logged in as ?

I agree certainly won’t be a “down” year but hard to compare to the previous 3. This could be similar to the 2017 season.
The best thing is the farther we go in the playoffs that is just more reps for the young kids. I think that has benefitted us the last few years playing 56 games over the last 4 seasons. There are very few teams in the State that have played that many.
With the region we play in we should go deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.