Week 3: Elder(2-0) at Springboro(2-0)

I don’t know anyone besides you who said that.
The 2022 class had so much hype, the 2021 and the 2023 classes were completely overlooked. It was very similar to the 2019 class where "certain" people destined them for greatness, state championships and D1 college stardom when they were in 6th grade. He claims his nonsense now about how he knew everything, but he was dead wrong about those classes. He was completely on their jocks since 6th grade and they honestly completely underachieved collectively.

Two of the most over-rated classes ever that honestly never won much of anything as a leading class. Now he says he say all of that talent back then LOL - what a tool.

Go back and look in the threads as those classes were coming up. It's all right there.

It was very similar to the 2019 class where "certain" people destined them for greatness, state championships and D1 college stardom when they were in 6th grade.

A state runner-up and multiple D1 college players did in fact happen and literally no one proclaimed that when they were in 6th grade. Get real, you need help.

Which is it? Are there moral victories or no? Quite literally the definition of moral victory is feeling better about a loss.
It seems like u are just arguing with PBoy to troll him. Your entire argument makes no sense. Everyone will tell you being balanced on O is a great thing. There is also a mass difference between losing to a great team by a close margin compared to getting blown out. Losing closely can lead to making adjustments and having a chance to make a run. Finally teams that have the same record also mean nothing. St X is infinitely better than OH even though they have a worse record.

A state runner-up and multiple D1 college players did in fact happen and literally no one proclaimed that when they were in 6th grade. Get real, you need help.
Uh, that's my point.

The classes that "didn't have much" had loads more collective and individual success as the "chosen classes". And your boy pboy was at the forefront of those proclamations that indeed were the direct opposite of what he predicted, much like alot of things he predicted.

If he predicted it, it was likely the opposite. Except the recruiting broader talent piece - I agree with him there.

Like I said, just look back in the archives. He was riding hard the 2019 and 2022 classes for A LONG TIME. He also staed on numerous occassions that several classes in between and after didn't have enough. Those classes had far more success.

And it wasn't just pboy, lots of eyerolls around the city about both classes being "loaded" for Elder.

Didn't quite work out that way, in fact, they didn't really win anything. I know alot of St X families enjoyed that, especially the state title they won along the way with a few westside kids that were "afterthoughts" in that grade.

And it wasn't just pboy, lots of eyerolls around the city about both classes being "loaded" for Elder.

Didn't quite work out that way, in fact, they didn't really win anything. I know alot of St X families enjoyed that, especially the state title they won along the way with a few westside kids that were "afterthoughts" in that grade.
Who were the afterthought kids you speak of?

It seems like u are just arguing with PBoy to troll him. Your entire argument makes no sense. Everyone will tell you being balanced on O is a great thing. There is also a mass difference between losing to a great team by a close margin compared to getting blown out. Losing closely can lead to making adjustments and having a chance to make a run. Finally teams that have the same record also mean nothing. St X is infinitely better than OH even though they have a worse record.
I stand by everything that i said, it's not trolling. Find me some state champs in Ohio with a 50/50 balance offense.

Also, while you may feel X is better than Oak Hills, as do I, they have a worse record. Again, this is why we play 10 games instead of 3.

Lastly, a loss is a loss as I have said numerous times. It doesn't matter by how much. Harbins don't care, and when lose lose in post season by 1, again, nobody cares. So tell me again why margin of victory matters.

I stand by everything that i said, it's not trolling. Find me some state champs in Ohio with a 50/50 balance offense.

Also, while you may feel X is better than Oak Hills, as do I, they have a worse record. Again, this is why we play 10 games instead of 3.

Lastly, a loss is a loss as I have said numerous times. It doesn't matter by how much. Harbins don't care, and when lose lose in post season by 1, again, nobody cares. So tell me again why margin of victory matters.
It’s not strictly quantifiable, you’re using it as a metric to gauge where your team stacks up in terms of competitiveness.

That's not true. There were plenty of people who knew the Class of '20 was going to be really, really good. Now, there was more hype for the 2019 Class led by Bittner at QB, but the Class of '20 was not slept on.

I will also say, a lot of people did have sky high expectations for the Class of '22 and many would suggest they underachieved. But the Class of '21 and '23 especially were definitely overlooked and in the shadows of '22.

I will also say, a lot of people did have sky high expectations for the Class of '22 and many would suggest they underachieved. But the Class of '21 and '23 especially were definitely overlooked and in the shadows of '22.
100% - thank you for being honest.

That's not true. There were plenty of people who knew the Class of '20 was going to be really, really good. Now, there was more hype for the 2019 Class led by Bittner at QB, but the Class of '20 was not slept on.

Anyone predicting state championships when kids are in 6th grade is foolish. When kids are actually enrolled as freshman there are reasonable predictions of higher expectations or lower expectations. Agreed on a lot of hype for c/o of '22 and less for c/o '23. Current seniors definitely a better group than many of us who like to talk about these things were expecting.

There is nothing to the extreme like Trey dramatizes in his weird posts.

Anyone predicting state championships when kids are in 6th grade is foolish.
You don't say.

This forum, forever, has been filled with "the xxx class will be awesome, they have xxx's son and xxx's son and xxx's son" - and I'm the weird one. Continues to this day. They take a legacy name and bestow greatness upon them - and then nothing happens. Yet use the words drama and weird to talk about other people.

You don't say.

This forum, forever, has been filled with "the xxx class will be awesome, they have xxx's son and xxx's son and xxx's son" - and I'm the weird one. Continues to this day. They take a legacy name and bestow greatness upon them - and then nothing happens. Yet use the words drama and weird to talk about other people.

High school teams are in a constant state of reloading so of course we're going to talk about the freshman and guess how good the class will be.

High school teams are in a constant state of reloading so of course we're going to talk about the freshman and guess how good the class will be.
That's fine - that's relatively normal.

But most people have been dead wrong about their predictions over the years. The "annointed" classes never pan out, and the "average classes" actually win.

2019 and 2022 were sure things - "loaded" from so many people. They made the state finals with 2021 talent. The 2019 class was touted as the best class to ever enter Elder in the last 20 years. They were below average in every sport. How does this happen?

Same was close to true about the 2022 class. Trust me, the whole city heard it.

Last edited:
Freshman records for the current high schoolers when they were freshman.

Current Freshmen 0-3
Current Sophomores 1-6-1
Current Juniors 4-3
Current Seniors 7-2

JV records for the current high schoolers.
Current Freshman n/a
Current Sophomores 3-0
Current Juniors 7-1
Current Seniors 4-4 (lost to LS and X twice each and beat Moe twice. I'm guessing Moe had some sophs playing up on Varsity)

Freshman records for the current high schoolers when they were freshman.

Current Freshmen 0-3
Current Sophomores 1-6-1
Current Juniors 4-3
Current Seniors 7-2

JV records for the current high schoolers.
Current Freshman n/a
Current Sophomores 3-0
Current Juniors 7-1
Current Seniors 4-4 (lost to LS and X twice each and beat Moe twice. I'm guessing Moe had some sophs playing up on Varsity)
My point is - grade school success, freshman and JV records - mean absolutely nothing. Less than nothing.

This is the only forum that literally talks so much about grade school kids and how "loaded" or "average" their classes are. Every single class that comes into Elder has already been annointed or cast aside on this forum, and most of the time, the opposite pans out to be true. Your talent at 14 means nothing when you're 17. In fact, if you're dominating to such an extreme in grade school, that's usually a bad sign for high school (you're either older and have dominated younger kids, or you've physically matured much faster and everyone catches up).

Everyone gets so excited about "so and so's kid" as the next "stud" because his dad was.

Last edited:
My point is - grade school success, freshman and JV records - mean absolutely nothing. Less than nothing.

This is the only forum that literally talks so much about grade school kids and how "loaded" or "average" their classes are. Every single class that comes into Elder has already been annointed or cast aside on this forum, and most of the time, the opposite pans out to be true. Your talent at 14 means nothing when you're 17. In fact, if you're dominating to such an extreme in grade school, that's usually a bad sign for high school (you're either older and have dominated younger kids, or you've physically matured much faster and everyone catches up).

Everyone gets so excited about "so and so's kid" as the next "stud" because his dad was.
Your the only one that tracks and obsesses over it. No one else cares.

No one else cares.
LOL - there's literally multiple threads every year with a million responses about grade school kids and who the next "studs" are.

But no one cares? This forum has the oddest obsession with grade school talent. When you talk about no one caring, most other high school fans don't care. Again, another statement just so far removed from the reality of this board.

LOL - there's literally multiple threads every year with a million responses about grade school kids and who the next "studs" are.

But no one cares? This forum has the oddest obsession with grade school talent. When you talk about no one caring, most other high school fans don't care. Again, another statement just so far removed from the reality of this board.

Elder forum is one of the most active forums on yappi. It has more posts than most of the sports forums. Elder has a big fan base that loves it football and other sports.

You got an axe to grind with Elder. Get over it and stop trolling.

So, I missed the first couple games and Springboro was the first that I've seen this year. In a game that called out for middle and deep range passes, and without a single turn over by either side (if I remember correctly), why not pass more? The receivers muffed a couple passes that were on target, why not more?

So, I missed the first couple games and Springboro was the first that I've seen this year. In a game that called out for middle and deep range passes, and without a single turn over by either side (if I remember correctly), why not pass more? The receivers muffed a couple passes that were on target, why not more?
Ramsey seems committed to getting his offensive line run blocking in better shape. He knows it’s very hard to win in November with 80% passing. This was even at the expense of almost losing last week. And it still isn’t there yet In my opinion.

Ramsey seems committed to getting his offensive line run blocking in better shape. He knows it’s very hard to win in November with 80% passing. This was even at the expense of almost losing last week. And it still isn’t there yet In my opinion.
Let’s be real, if he could do it over, he wouldn’t have such a conservative game plan. He thought Elder could bully Springboro in the trenches. And after that first drive, he looked 100% correct. However, Elder just wasn’t fully engaged in this game until the 3rd qtr when they had to turn things up being down 20-7.

angry beavers nicksplat GIF

Last edited: