Week 3 Elder(1-1) vs. St. Mary's(MO)(1-0)

Another Oak Hills alum addicted to the Elder forum? How many are we up to? It's amazing how many "non" Elder grads are obsessed with Elder.
Obsessed and addicted, that’s fn hilarious! Guess you some loser that only has friends from grade school and Elder. I won’t apologize for having Friends and Family who work and went to school all over town.

Obsessed and addicted, that’s fn hilarious! Guess you some loser that only has friends from grade school and Elder. I won’t apologize for having Friends and Family who work and went to school all over town.

I think everyone welcomes outsiders to post on the Elder forum, but when outsiders get on the Elder forum to take shots you got to question the intentions. I enjoy reading everyone's input good and bad.

They had some kids who looked like they could be good players with proper coaching.

jtk is one of the best posters on the Elder forum, I don't care where he went to high school.
thank you pvor. much appreciated compliment. i honestly try to be truthful and honest with all the teams i post about. and i will always stick up for my alma mater and complain just the same about them.

jtk
()

According to joeeitel.com the Beacon Hill game does not count toward the harbin ratings. Why would this game not count?
I pointed this out right when it was announced. An Ohio school of home-schooled kids would never count in the points, so why would one in VA?

I pointed this out right when it was announced. An Ohio school of home-schooled kids would never count in the points, so why would one in VA?

Thank you. I was not aware of this. I've never heard of a football team made up of all home-schooled kids until last week.

I don't think Beacon Hill will win any games. I think it is better for this game not to count for Elder.

I don't see anything in the ohsaa regulations except this note saying beginning in 2022. In 2021 these games would count.

NOTE: Beginning in 2022, only contests played against NFHS Member State Association schools or Affiliate Association schools will count towards the Harbin Ratings.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows....ll/2021/2021FootballTournamentRegulations.pdf

Wouldn’t either way result in zero points? Or is there something beneficial to having the divisor be 9 instead of 10?

Wouldn’t either way result in zero points? Or is there something beneficial to having the divisor be 9 instead of 10?

In this case assuming Beacon Hill doesn't win any games, it would definitely be beneficial to have the divisor be 90 instead of 100. The divisor is used for 2nd level points.

Cov Cath 1st level points is worth 6 since they are classified as D2 for Ohio. They have one win worth another 6 2nd level points.

1st Level Points = 6 divided by 2(number of games Elder has played) = 3

2nd Level Points, start with 6 for Cov Cath one win
6 / 90 * 10 = .667
6 / 100 * 10 = .6

Elder's total is 3 + .667 = 3.667

I'm going to guess Beacon Hill would have also been classified as D7. In the end, it's actually beneficial for this game not to count towards the Harbin ratings.

It's hard to see in week 3, but by week 10 I think it would show better that it will possibly help their seed for the game not to count.

Last edited: