Week 3 Elder(1-1) vs. St. Mary's(MO)(1-0)

Not that Elder's AD needs any help with this matter from me (or this site), but I hear Bishop Sycamore has SEVERAL vacancies on its schedule-- not to mention, they are apparently receptive to playing on consecutive days-- so even if they DO still have a game Friday, it could be possible to schedule to play them Saturday...;)

On a more serious note, Aiken had its home game cancelled for Friday-- that's relatively close-- and back in the day, GCL teams did used to play Aiken pretty regularly (I remember X and LaSalle playing them)... I have no idea how big the school is now-- or if the team has the level of competence to play a Division I school nowadays...

1630524988339.png

I think the kids would rather play a game, hopefully at The Pit, than walk away from a “bad” matchup. Unless we have a team full of pboys, which I know we don’t.
Cool, they got beat up last week and have Eds and X in the next 3 weeks, but I guess they’ll just stay dinged up all year. The season is a war and you don’t win a war by fighting every battle.

For everyone that wants them to play Springfield, when has Elder ever really benefited over the course of a season playing a extremely difficult schedule? Every yr they’ve made a deep run, they had a few cupcakes

Cool, they got beat up last week and have Eds and X in the next 3 weeks, but I guess they’ll just stay dinged up all year. The season is a war and you don’t win a war by fighting every battle.
Another post that shows you know nothing about competing and the wuss mentality you possess. Teenagers want to compete against the “best” as often as they can. Many Football Players at all different levels play all season dinged up. That’s part of Football Omar the wuss!

And I understand Elder doesn’t have a lot of options when it comes to scheduling, but you’re already playing the top 3 ranked teams in the state, playing this game won’t make them better.

Another post that shows you know nothing about competing and the wuss mentality you possess. Teenagers want to compete against the “best” as often as they can. Many Football Players at all different levels play all season dinged up. That’s part of Football Omar the wuss!
They already play the top 3 teams in the state and after last week, I don’t know how many will actually play bc they got beat up so bad. There’s simply zero benefit to playing Springfield.

Damn. Princeton would have been perfect. I think Princeton waited as long as they could to schedule someone. They will destroy Coffman much like they did vs Loveland.
Alter would have been another good one, but they finally scheduled Miamisburg.
Who is left? I feel bad for you guys. Moe dealt w this last week. Sadly, this will go on all season. ?

Last edited:
Another poster told my Harrison & Trotwood madison have open dates. Either would be a good option.

Another poster told my Harrison & Trotwood madison have open dates. Either would be a good option.
Those Teams stink. Surprised you don’t think Elder should just now have a Bye this week. That’s the only way to avoid getting dinged up??‍♂️

Damn. Princeton would have been perfect. I think Princeton waited as long as they could to schedule someone. They will destroy Coffman much like they did vs Loveland.
Alter would have been another good one, but they finally scheduled Miamisburg.
Who is left? I feel bad for you guys. Moe dealt w this last week. Sadly, this will go on all season. ?

Yes, needlessly.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210901-142546_Twitter.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210901-142546_Twitter.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 14
Those Teams stink. Surprised you don’t think Elder should just now have a Bye this week. That’s the only way to avoid getting dinged up??‍♂️
They’re already dinged up from last week. They’ll never be able to get healthy if they’re going through a meat grinder EVERY single week. Again, it’s not like the remaining schedule is short on tough opponents.

I guess it’s better than not playing at all, but agree, winning 55-0 does nothing for either team.