Week 3: Austintown Fitch (2-0) vs GlenOak (1-1).

FootballQueen

After a very exciting game against the Bulldogs of Canton McKinley. The Falcons once again travel to Stark County to take on the Eagles of Glen Oak. Thoughts on this one Gents???

GO Falcons!

Let's get it!!

Let's GO!!!

Likely another loss for the Eagles in a building year. Just want to see improvement from week to week and a team the refuses to quit.

Fitch on the road should still win comfortably. Maybe GO at home can avoid a running clock?

Go Eagles!

I'm sure it won't be as bad as all that. Good luck however.
Fitch handled McKinley on the road.
I think it’s safe to say they’ll likely do the same with GlenOak.

McKinley is still a couple steps ahead of GO as a program despite their recent turmoil.

GlenOak is the worst of federal league until proven otherwise, for now. I think they’re trending in the right direction.
It will just take time for them to be the Fed title contender/playoff regular again that they were.

Last edited:
Fitch handled McKinley on the road.
I think it’s safe to say they’ll likely do the same with GlenOak.

McKinley is still a couple steps ahead of GO as a program despite their recent turmoil.

GlenOak is the worst of federal league until proven otherwise, for now. I think they’re trending in the right direction.
It will just take time for them to be the Fed title contender/playoff regular again that they were.
The Fitch and McKinley game was closer than the score indicated. That being said, we'll see Friday evening. Hopefully an injury free game for both.

This is a trap game. Glenoak is much better than they have been. The Massillon game was close almost the entire game. Glenoak just couldn't get anything going on offense. Thy did end up losing 34-0, but it is Massillon, who is one of the top thre DII teams in the state. They also have a solid win over Shaker Heights. The Falcons need to be ready for this game.

This is a trap game. Glenoak is much better than they have been. The Massillon game was close almost the entire game. Glenoak just couldn't get anything going on offense. Thy did end up losing 34-0, but it is Massillon, who is one of the top thre DII teams in the state. They also have a solid win over Shaker Heights. The Falcons need to be ready for this game.
Fitch should go into Bob Commings Field for a comfortable 2 possession win, AT LEAST. GlenOak is better but there’s no way it will be closer than that.

The potential for competitiveness in this game is Fitch between 2 possessions and a running clock. With the latter being more likely.

Running clock is 30 points. Two possessions is 9 points. If they did betting lines on this game I’d go in the middle and say Fitch would be a comfy 19.5 point road favorite.

Last edited:
Well said!

I agree, both have solid schedules but the schedules are either a wash or a slight edge to Fitch.

Massillon is the best team on GlenOak’s schedule and it’s a common opponent. That cancels out.

McKinley, who despite their drama still may contend for a Fed Title once league play starts also cancels out. You can’t count the game where they play each other.

A game to watch is Boardman @ Jackson this week. Both 2-0 teams. That result will help gain a clearer picture on comparing the two schedules.

Time will tell and only 2 games have been played but their schedules are either a wash or a slim edge for Fitch at this time. It’s early in the season and still have to play the games.

Go Eagles!

Last edited:
I agree, both have solid schedules but the schedules are either a wash or a slight edge to Fitch.

Massillon is the best team on GlenOak’s schedule and it’s a common opponent. That cancels out.

McKinley, who despite their drama still may contend for a Fed Title once league play starts also cancels out. You can’t count the game where they play each other.

A game to watch is Boardman @ Jackson this week. Both 2-0 teams. That result will help gain a clearer picture on comparing the two schedules.

Time will tell and only 2 games have been played but their schedules are either a wash or a slim edge for Fitch at this time. It’s early in the season and still have to play the games.

Go Eagles!
Very interesting.

Always unfortunate to hear about canceled games. High school football is one of the most fun times I ever experienced. It’s another potential lifelong memory lost for the kids on both teams that they can never get back.

GlenOak was a hefty underdog but i personally would’ve rather seen the game played regardless of the game outcome. Other schools also have done it. It’s just where we are as a society these days I guess. It is what it is ?‍♂️

Go Eagles.

Last edited:
Fitch vs. Kirtland would be a great matchup. But I bet neither team would want to take such a game on such short notice without being able to gameplan for it.