Week 2 Winton Woods v Lasalle

I almost thought previous coaches were calling plays.

with all due respect, after a few series, WW should have made QB change.

Our QB looks directly where he is throwing, hence multiple passes been batted down.
He is Telegraph his passes as soon as he gets the ball,

I saw a few plays where he should have kept ball on read/options. He needs a lot of work.

offensive line- to be that big is blocking like paper towels

and of course here we go again with the penalties.

with all due respect, lasalle really hasn’t showed me much. Yes they are winning, but they don’t appear to be doing nothing special.

WW receivers not catching the ball, that is when the ball is thrown high most of half
Go Warriors

This is the worst Winton Woods offense I've ever seen, this might be a bad coaching hire. Very disappointing.

So I keep telling myself it’s one game and only the second game. After watching two games it “appears “ that the offense runs a little smoother with QB#17.
Not saying he is that much better, just simply saying that after two games, remember key word appears to run better.

I know if I can see from the stands, you definitely should see considering you see it every day.

Also WW coaches, which I’m sure you have remind your team to hydrate all week, especially during a hot week. Not just the day or two before game day.

Thank you lasalle for the live stream services, good quality, However, that camera person was all over the place, needs work on camera placement

I’m disgusted with how bad the offensive line was. It’s so many questions I have with the coaching it’s ridiculous however the defense played their heart out. I honestly don’t know the last time our offense only scored 7 points.

I think Winton Woods has its QB in No. 17 ... they were way better in the second half. Ruffin was just too much for their O-line.

I was impressed again with La Salle's defense. They're fast and aggressive, but miss a few tackles still. My God, does the offense need work. I think it really comes down to a QB being in sync.

New offense system and inexperienced o lineman. Things have to get fixed definitely but damn. One game at a time. I may donate some money and get more donations so these can eat better and get proper hydration. The kids are being told what to do but it’s going to have to be forced upon them some how. You think a team like Lasalle has to worry about meals and hydration? WW administration is very tight with the budget. I’m trying to challenge you guys to help instead of acting like the ridiculous fans that so called support WW. I’m going to see what I can do to help.

WW Offense is non existent. WW D though early I thought was good as advertised. LaSalle seems very solid again in all phases of the Game.

Any idea of how many kids went both ways tonight for both teams?

Last edited:
I'm not surprised WW practiced 1 day this week due to the heat and not allowed beingon the field. They just watched film all week. Offense needs to add a TE or H back. The score should've been worse. We got have to put this 1 in our rear view mirror. I'm excited about the future though

For you Winton Woods fans, here are some things about your team that show how even these two teams played against each other.

Total Yards - WW 306, LS 310
First Downs - WW 13, LS 14

WW and LS were the exact opposite of each other.

Rushing - WW 75, LS 237
Passing - WW 231, LS 73

Plays run - WW 62 LS 64
Avg. Yards/Play - WW 4.9, LS 4,8

Last edited:
This was a must win for La Salle.. They will need at least four wins to make the playoffs. With their schedule that will not be easy.
Winton Woods could finish 9-1 with their remaining ECC schedule giving the Lancers an L2 windfall.

Congrats to the Lancers on a hard fought victory.
Their coaches and players are not going into the film session today thinking WW stinks.
They know they will have to play the Warriors again in November and it will have a different look as both teams will have evolved.
LaSalle's schedule reminds me of WW schedule at times over the last decade or so.
I hope they stay healthy and win the rest of the regular season.
Until we meet again Lancers lol.....

Well I hope the players and coaches aren't panicking like some of you guys!

Look I watched the game and saw plenty of bright spots.
I also saw some correctible BS that needs to get fixed like right now.
When you are playing a team like LASALLE you gonna get exposed in some areas.
They are gonna make you look bad if you don't get after someone's rear end.
That happened last night.

Here are some thoughts.....

First give LaSalle some credit as they are a top tier state championshjp contender.

* I love this defense and the Warriors are gonna have a big year!

* THE PLAYERS need to step up....upperclassmen lead this team! .... need action not words out there.
Warriors chip on the shoulder and attitude I didn't see as much of last night as I expected.
Effort is there but they need to get after it more with emotion and confidence.
I fully expect this to happen starting THIS WEEK.

* WW O-line needs to get their feet moving, get a hat on someone and block to the whistle! .....my goodness let's go already with that.
On one screen play that was SET UP NICE.... FIVE blockers watched the lone defender run right between them all to make the tackle.
That is just one example.
Lancers are a championship caliber team with experience that will make you look bad and they did at times.

* Coach needs to make the call and install his QB....pick one.
This offense requires stability at QB and an accurate passer.
I'm just being honest that 17 looks to be that guy to me.
I felt like the 1st QB was all over the place with receivers earlier in game.....those drops didn't help but that it my take.
Both dudes have talent and play hard.

* Spikes is an excellent back but we miss having a bigger back in there at times.
Also I have said for years the Pistol / Jet motion O would be great for WW.
Just gotta block with a friggin attitude til plays are over.

Bottom line is that I think these coaches will get this team on the right track.
I think the PLAYERS will lead this team to a big season.
Kings is a quality opponent nest week and they will be motivated as I don't think they have ever beat WW.
Not even once unless I missed something.

Go Warriors.

I'm not surprised WW practiced 1 day this week due to the heat and not allowed beingon the field. They just watched film all week. Offense needs to add a TE or H back. The score should've been worse. We got have to put this 1 in our rear view mirror. I'm excited about the future though
Don I agree with all of this except they need to learn from this game and then put it in rear view.

WW Offense is non existent. WW D though early I thought was good as advertised. LaSalle seems very solid again in all phases of the Game.

Any idea of how many kids went both ways tonight for both teams?
I could be wrong but i don't think any WW guys were going both ways were they?

New offense system and inexperienced o lineman. Things have to get fixed definitely but damn. One game at a time. I may donate some money and get more donations so these can eat better and get proper hydration. The kids are being told what to do but it’s going to have to be forced upon them some how. You think a team like Lasalle has to worry about meals and hydration? WW administration is very tight with the budget. I’m trying to challenge you guys to help instead of acting like the ridiculous fans that so called support WW. I’m going to see what I can do to help.
Blue is there a link or a way to donate to the football team so that they have what they need?
There are people out there to donate if needed but they just need to know how.
Thanks

???? They practiced all week! They just practice later in the day! This decision was not the coaching staffs, It was our trainer and Tri Health

For you Winton Woods fans, here are some things about your team that show how even these two teams played against each other.

Total Yards - WW 306, LS 310
First Downs - WW 13, LS 14

WW and LS were the exact opposite of each other.

Rushing - WW 75, LS 237
Passing - WW 231, LS 73

Plays run - WW 62 LS 64
Avg. Yards/Play - WW 4.9, LS 4,8
Wow! I feel better. I think the offense can improve. We need to get things fixed on offense and get some confidence!