Week 2 Elder(1-0) at Pickerington Central(1-0)

Who will win?

• Elder Panthers

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Pickerington Central Tigers

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElderHSfan02

This should be a great game featuring 2 of best teams in the state of Ohio. Elder rolled over one of the top KY teams Covington Catholic. PC rolled over a very strong Massillon team. PC is very strong upfront which is a big matchup problem for Elder this year. Elder typically has very big offensive/defensive lines, but this year they are a little smaller than you are used to seeing. Elder plays very quick and disciplined.

Elder 24
PC 21

They will follow whatever the doctors tell them. I do know the player feels fine but whether he plays isn’t up to him. It was interesting that there wasn’t even a penalty flag on that play and it was the exact hit that all of these rules were put in place to prevent. He literally lowered his head directly into #31 head.

Tiger Stadium is ready.
20210813_114336_remastered.jpg

Ohio Concussion Law&Protocols takes the concussed players ability to play away from the Coaches. This young mans return to the Field will be determined by a Doctor and he will have to “pass certain test” to get cleared. Be hard for any Coach to get Fired for this unless they just don’t follow the procedures/law.

Think PC Wins a by 10 at the most. Some of the underdog role loving Elder fans will start talking about the length of the bus ride soon. Should be a great game all around!

I can't remember if the Elder fans travel super well. I would love to see this matchup down at the PIT.

Nevertheless it will be a great game. Might even try to make it out to Picktown.

Give me the Tigers in this one

PC 31
Elder 21

I can't remember if the Elder fans travel super well. I would love to see this matchup down at the PIT.

Nevertheless it will be a great game. Might even try to make it out to Picktown.

Give me the Tigers in this one

PC 31
Elder 21

Elder has 80 on the roster. They will bring a decent crowd considering a 2 hour drive. I would guess 1,000-1,500 Elder fans should show up, hopefully more.

Is it just me or is 80 small for an Elder roster? Or is that just who is travelling for the game?

That is just who dresses Varsity. Varsity has 80 listed on the roster. JV has 65(9 are also listed on Varsity). If they dressed all JV and Varsity they would have 136 dressing. The freshman team has a roster of 84.

Elder has 220 football players freshman through senior.

A few years ago the district put down a sand based turf. It is pretty low, like a fairway. Very even and holds up very nicely to the abuse of having so many sports played on it. Last year the field looked almost as good in game 10 as it did at the beginning of the season. Some prefer it to turf altogether.

Pick Central plays their games at Tiger Stadium, located behind the Ridgeview Jr High School.

From Hill Rd turn onto Park Alley. Parking is directly behind the visitor's stands.
Thanks so do they separate the gates home and visitors enter? Looks like I can park on the "practice" football field. Is street parking also available?

Thanks so do they separate the gates home and visitors enter? Looks like I can park on the "practice" football field. Is street parking also available?
I changed the attached photo in the original post. It now shows a larger area.

Their are two separate entrances. One from the school parking area, home side seating. You can also walk to the visitor's stands from this entrance. The other entrance is next to the visitor's stands.

The school parking is small and gets filled quickly.

Street parking is available but somewhat limited.

Last edited:
I changed the attached photo in the original post. It now shows a larger area.

Their are two separate entrances. One from the school parking area, home side seating. You can also walk to the visitor's stands from this entrance. The other entrance is next to the visitor's stands.

The school parking is small and gets filled quickly.

Street parking is very limited.
Thanks again, I was thinking of parking on Columbus Street or Church street. I noticed on Columbus Street they had parking spots marked, which made me think you might need a city parking pass or something like that. Also saw a small lot with a sign that say "Municipal Downtown Parking" If I get their early enough is that lot safe to park in?

Thanks again, I was thinking of parking on Columbus Street or Church street. I noticed on Columbus Street they had parking spots marked, which made me think you might need a city parking pass or something like that. Also saw a small lot with a sign that say "Municipal Downtown Parking" If I get their early enough is that lot safe to park in?
There aren’t parking permits issued by the city, so you should be golden. Columbus and Church Streets have parking that should work for you. But it is, as mentioned earlier, limited in availability.

Are you referring to the lot on the other side of the tracks? If there’s not an event happening in that you should be fine.

I am not aware of any parking safety issues wherever you park. No parking passes needed to park on the side streets.

If you arrive early and want to get something to eat and/or drink, you can park where you want and you will be within three blocks of Romeo's Pizza and the Combustion Micro Brewery.

Have a safe trip and welcome to Picktown.