Week 2: Coldwater @ Bellefontaine

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ll go with Coldwater in this one. Bellefontaine beating up on Sidney last week doesn’t tell me a lot about the Chiefs.

I’ll go with Coldwater in this one. Bellefontaine beating up on Sidney last week doesn’t tell me a lot about the Chiefs.
You got that right. I believe Coldwater will be able to throw the ball. I think that's where Coldwater wins the game.

Coldwater didn't seem particularly impressive against a bad Kenton team. Defense seemed to play well, but offense had a real slow start. Week 1 is the time to work out the kinks though. I'd give Coldwater the edge, but I'm excited to see how Bellefontaine does in this game. We'll know a lot more about both teams after this game. Hope it's a great game.

I hope you're right. 6 for 18 for 97 yards last week vs Kenton (0-10 last year)
In a typical Coldwater year vrs a 500 team you would add about 150 yards to that. Does Coldwater have more of a running team this year, or are they struggling early with the pass?

so how good is the Chiefs? QB is a soph with Div 1 offers, and it sounds like the RB is a stud, how big is the kid, is he a POWER runner , speed back?, how good is the D, and the OFF line?

In a typical Coldwater year vrs a 500 team you would add about 150 yards to that. Does Coldwater have more of a running team this year, or are they struggling early with the pass?
Absolutely correct. I think they want balance. They have tried but its just not typical coldwater efficency. This offense is inexperienced at the Varsity level. 5 of the starting 6 skill players played JV last year. They are going thru the process of finding their identity. They have talent but it hasn't clicked yet in their 2 scrimmages and 1st game. As the season goes on I look for significant improvement... until them, the Defense and ST will have to keep them in the tough games.

so how good is the Chiefs? QB is a soph with Div 1 offers, and it sounds like the RB is a stud, how big is the kid, is he a POWER runner , speed back?, how good is the D, and the OFF line?
I think wingT fan gave a good observation in a post above. Rb isn't big but fast and runs hard. If he gets a crease.... goodbye

I always thought the best way to pick up yards against the CAVS D is run straight at them, thought it was tough to get outside on them...
Bell ran off tackle effectively vs Sidney.
As for the cavs, my issue for several years when we changed to more of a stunting 3 man front was over pursuit and they were susceptible to the cutback... 4 man front... not so much

Bell ran off tackle effectively vs Sidney.
As for the cavs, my issue for several years when we changed to more of a stunting 3 man front was over pursuit and they were susceptible to the cutback... 4 man front... not so much
I would say at will, not effectively. I've just always liked the 4 man front more then the 3 man as well.

I guess I maybe wrong then with Coldwater's passing game not sounding not so good yet. It just looked like that's where you should attack Bellefontaine. There D line and Lb #45 have some size.

I would say at will, not effectively. I've just always liked the 4 man front more then the 3 man as well.

I guess I maybe wrong then with Coldwater's passing game not sounding not so good yet. It just looked like that's where you should attack Bellefontaine. There D line and Lb #45 have some size.
don't know what the Cavs passing attack is this year, but they have always been able to throw the 5-15 yard OUT patterns, and then hit a couple fly patterns.....

and have a running QB, but always quick back, that is a slasher type kid.... been awhile since they have had a battering ram type of kid

This should be a great game! Bellefontaine has so much talent and picked up a couple of big wins last year to build off. Coldwater has winning in their blood, Should be a dandy!

Is this a 2 year home and home series?

This should be a great game! Bellefontaine has so much talent and picked up a couple of big wins last year to build off. Coldwater has winning in their blood, Should be a dandy!

Is this a 2 year home and home series?
Yes, next year is in Coldwater.

Absolutely correct. I think they want balance. They have tried but its just not typical coldwater efficency. This offense is inexperienced at the Varsity level. 5 of the starting 6 skill players played JV last year. They are going thru the process of finding their identity. They have talent but it hasn't clicked yet in their 2 scrimmages and 1st game. As the season goes on I look for significant improvement... until them, the Defense and ST will have to keep them in the tough games.
Agreed

Probably some good strategic spots for the Cavs "lightning" crew to set up over in Blue Jacket Park should the need arise, assuming they have mobile units.