Week 13: D-III Region 9 Semi-Final #4 Canfield Cardinals (11-1) vs #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (12-0)

Who wins this rematch from week 10 last year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is not surprising. If you watch any of their games you would see the lack of discipline. Hubbard fans on here do not believe it but everyone else with half a brain and a set of eyes knows it.
They are reeeaaly close to Pennsyltucky.?

I’m just kidding.?

It’s never a good logic to judge a whole town or team or Coach on a handful of unsupervised minors without supervision.
Believe it or not these are the kind of things that make kids work harder in the off-season, make parents and faculty & boosters buy into the program. Not a guarantee but it usually helps. So in a weird kinda way you can use it as a positive plus the fact you already beat said team.

Last edited:

I’m just kidding.?

It’s never a good logic to judge a whole town or team or Coach on a handful of unsupervised minors without supervision.
Believe it or not these are the kind of things that make kids work harder in the off-season, make parents and faculty & boosters buy into the program. Not a guarantee but it usually helps. So in a weird kinda way you can use it as a positive plus the fact you already beat said team.
If this was a singular event and an anomaly then I would agree with you, but that is not the case. Hubbard had an abundance of personal foul penalties this season and could of gotten called for a lot more. I said way before the SR game that they wouldn't have a chance because of lack of discipline and coaching. Just about every Hubbard poster on here excuses the teams behavior so no I don't judge the town but I do judge the team and coach and those that don't have issues with them. Standing outside a lockerroom and mocking a team that kicked you a** the week before is exactly the reason why Hubbard won't ever win anything meaningful as long as things stay the way they are.

As far as Canfield, they don't need motivation. They are the complete opposite of Hubbard and will be just fine.

I’m just kidding.?

I don’t disagree with this. And to be clear, I am not taking shots at the people of Hubbard or the town in general… I know plenty of good people from Hubbard, many I competed against and have respect for. I’m talking about the current culture and history of the football program at Hubbard. There’s an unwarranted arrogance baked in the cake.

Hubbard hasn't had a losing season since the mid 90's. They underachieve but I think they'll be just fine...don't think anyone else around here can say that.

Wrong. I played against Hubbard and Jabrae Perry in the 90’s. Just saw him in the news a few weeks back. Hubbard was never relevant until open enrollment. Even with that benefit AND Eagle Wear paying for the expenses of LJ Scott, Hubbard STILL can’t make it to week 3 in the playoffs. But they’ll pull douchebag stuff like Friday night. That’s why.
Hubbard didn't start OE until mid 2000's. The program was successful under Bayuk before hand. The Scotts weren't OE. They moved to Hubbard to get a better education and environment for their boys. Can't blame them for that.

no not really. hubbard played well enough to win. 3 turnovers cant overcome that against a good team. 2nd round playoff game isnt much to be proud of but its prob more than youll get from struthers football under the current set up. cant wait to hear how great struthers is again preseason just to see them fall on their faces again
Struthers had more talent then Hubbard and Canfield this season!!!!! SHOULD have been 10-0 but the coaches held them back BIG TIME. Hopefully the director makes a change. If she does WATCH OUTTTTT

Hubbard didn't start OE until mid 2000's. The program was successful under Bayuk before hand. The Scotts weren't OE. They moved to Hubbard to get a better education and environment for their boys. Can't blame them for that.

Never made a deep playoff run and always play a weak regular season schedule. They had 1 D3 team on the schedule this year.

Struthers had more talent then Hubbard and Canfield this season!!!!! SHOULD have been 10-0 but the coaches held them back BIG TIME. Hopefully the director makes a change. If she does WATCH OUTTTTT
Wow, this didn't take long at all. Usually the "Struthers hype" starts in late spring into summer.....

Hubbard hasn't had a losing season since the mid 90's. They underachieve but I think they'll be just fine...don't think anyone else around here can say that.
They have a losing playoff record and have never won even a regional title. Like I said, they have never won anything meaningful.

They have a losing playoff record and have never won even a regional title. Like I said, they have never won anything meaningful.
Right and even my Warriors have a state title. A lot of decent programs never made a deep run. Hubbard's been close. Just have come up a little short. But even I can admit Hubbard is one of the better programs in the Mahoning valley.

Stop it. This is what's wrong with Struthers. Unrealistic expectations and bombastic claims that were just made. They have a very good freshman class. Very solid Sophomore class. Juniors are good as well but it did not show on the field last year. The oline was awful last year. That will always tell the tale for any team. This offseason will be very interesting.

.....it's a never ending large amount of "Hubbard hatred" with this guy.

It's become quite humorous and sad at the same time.

Stop it. This is what's wrong with Struthers. Unrealistic expectations and bombastic claims that were just made. They have a very good freshman class. Very solid Sophomore class. Juniors are good as well but it did not show on the field last year. The oline was awful last year. That will always tell the tale for any team. This offseason will be very interesting.
This isn’t a real account. Its a troll account likely made from one of the Hubbard guys. Losers

I think he said eagle wear paid their expenses because the fact that both of the Scott brothers worked there, they both lived in an apartment on Jackson Street that Mr. Fox owns too. Coincidentally, they don’t reside there anymore. But I agree they are a good football program.

Also how did this become a thread about Hubbard? Also why did they bring Struthers into this? Lame
A group of Hubbard football players, including Caffey, were waving a Chardon flag and waited by the locker room entrance for Canfield to come off the field.. talking ish and laughing. Flying the Chardon flag… do not care about that. But the other part was total bul1$hit.

A group of Hubbard football players, including Caffey, were waving a Chardon flag and waited by the locker room entrance for Canfield to come off the field.. talking ish and laughing. Flying the Chardon flag… do not care about that. But the other part was total bul1$hit.
No surprise