Week 12: Bishop Hartley (9-2) @London (9-2)

Who will win?

• Bishop Hartley

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • London

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

I can see a nominally slow start for the Hawks if there’s still some night terrors from the last time they played at London’s facility.

BH under Burchfield hasn’t lost in Regional Quarterfinals since Bush 43 presidency; fun fact.

Hartley overall record against London is 2-0.
1979 Hartley 29 London 0
2019 Hartley 14 London 8
Burchfield's overall playoff record is 31-9
13 total appearances with three championships from 2008 to present.
Burchfield's overall record in 14 years is 147-34 which is winning percentage of 81.22%
Hartley's total overall record from 1959 to Present is 428-244-8 which is winning percentage of 63.53%
Should be a good game!

Last edited:
Maybe Hartley wins - I think it will be a close game that goes down to wire. London very solid up front on both sides of ball and very senior led football team. They have enough athletes as well thus it wouldn't be a surprise to me at all to see this go either way.

Considering London hasn't given up more than 20 all year, I expect the defense to shine Friday night. The real question is will they be able to score enough to win the game.

I think it's a good game but Hartley will win just because London won't be able to score enough

Hawks 21
London 10

Also a second note, Hartley and Coach Burch live for the defensive struggle games. They play ball control football better than just about anybody. Just ask Sheridan's team last year

Spot on. London’s defense will keep this a dog fight like the game couple years ago. But i Just don’t see a team that runs the wing t beating a Bishop Hartley team. They’ll make it close because the game will be over with fast with how much both teams run the ball but I see Hartley pulling away late in the 4th but London is good enough to pull this off. Will be a very physical game gonna be a good one.
Clinton Massie beat Hartley 2 years in a row ('18 & '19). They run the triple option/wing t. In '18, Massie beat Hartley 34-31, while London beat Massie in the playoffs, 28-7. I know they're different teams now, just saying.

Clinton Massie beat Hartley 2 years in a row ('18 & '19). They run the triple option/wing t. In '18, Massie beat Hartley 34-31, while London beat Massie in the playoffs, 28-7. I know they're different teams now, just saying.
I'm not saying, with my comment above, that an upset won't happen. Here is my logic:

Hartley LOVES the ball control game. They thrive in it. Keep the score low and they're confident against anybody... literally anybody.

When they get into high scoring affairs they don't like it as much. They aren't made for it, just so happen to have good athletes that make plays.

London isn't a super strong offensive team, overall this season. I think Hartley will go up by 10ish and control the ball. Three yards and a cloud of dust. They're okay with that. Burch is perfectly okay with that. Plus it is mentally taxing. They'll run the ball up the middle 6 times for 3 yards then bounce one outside for 10. It is what they do best. If thats the style of game that occurs, Hartley will likely win.

I'm not saying, with my comment above, that an upset won't happen. Here is my logic:

Hartley LOVES the ball control game. They thrive in it. Keep the score low and they're confident against anybody... literally anybody.

When they get into high scoring affairs they don't like it as much. They aren't made for it, just so happen to have good athletes that make plays.
Yep. Incidentally the last two times I seen the Hawks play they both lost: the “basketball” game at YSU where they basically ran out of time and the aforementioned ‘19 game vs Trotwood where they also ran out of time.

Yep. Incidentally the last two times I seen the Hawks play they both lost: the “basketball” game at YSU where they basically ran out of time and the aforementioned ‘19 game vs Trotwood where they also ran out of time.
Coming Friday? I got your ticket covered ?

This is where London’s lack of offensive diversity hurts….they’ve thrown the ball more than they have in the past, but they aren’t good enough at it. And, Hartley isn’t the CBC competition.
This is 100% accurate. London puts up offensive numbers against low competition in the CBC. If they don't spread their formations to run they won't be successful. It will be the same result the last time they played.

I am a Bishop Hartley fan who is a little unsure and apprehensive about London. That previous 14-8 Hartley win over London was too close for comfort....I never take anything for granted, as I remember Tri-Valley's 13-9 win over Hartley a few years ago and I believe that Eastmoor beat Hartley in the playoffs as well. London will be in this game until the end. i simply hope that Hartley wins and all the guys are safe and uninjured on both squads.

No idea. They pulled out rulebooks and everything. 15 minute break after London td so far. Talking about a momentum killer. Like what the heck

Hopefully that doesn’t cost London the game. Still no idea why it was stopped for 15 minutes.

What a drive by London!! 8 minute drive to score and go up with 21 seconds left.
One completed pass for London. One dimensional didn’t catch up with them this week even with Hartley stacking 10 in the box all game.

Hartley brother texted me this

“Goin on 20minutes now that the Hartley/London game has been paused because of some absolute buffoonery from the refs. These mfs have literally been looking at the rulebook the whole time “

Hartley brother texted me this

“Goin on 20minutes now that the Hartley/London game has been paused because of some absolute buffoonery from the refs. These mfs have literally been looking at the rulebook the whole time “
yep. Right after London went up 17-10. Still have no idea what it was about. Definitely killed London’s momentum but it was ridiculous.

Sounds like London showed great will & heart in that 8 minute game winning drive. It’s very impressive to take it to Hartley in that fashion. Tough night and disappointing year for the CCL, I don’t think anyone thought both Hartley & DeSales would go down tonight. Congrats to London & Granville - should be a great game next week.