• West Branch by 1-7

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • West Branch by 8-13

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • West Branch 14+

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will not say that Poland is the best team WB played, but I will say that they will be the most physical. This has the makings of a very good match up.

Poland can win but 24 points isn’t going to do it- they will need at least 40. No way they hold west Branch to 21. If you pick Poland it would have to be 44-41. I can see that happening, a score similar to their South Range game only in reverse.
West Branch is definitely the favorite. My reasoning is, Poland is much better then Howland. They have the better coach also. I won't be surprised if Pavlansky figures out a way to hold WB under 30.

I will not say that Poland is the best team WB played, but I will say that they will be the most physical. This has the makings of a very good match up.
Then which team is the best they played? I looked at the schedule and I am very curious about your response.

West Branch has an excellent offensive scheme and dissect defenses, they don’t really have a big playmaker, just a lot of good football players, but they do have an excellent quarterback and excellent offensive line and the QB seems to always find open man. When Deshields does get pressure he is more dangerous because he moves well and keeps his eyes downfield- They are extremely well coached. What Harris did there in the last 2 years is incredible after
my Minerva Lions broke a 44 game losing streak there, the program took off. Their running back is big and runs hard so they are more than a passing team- he has over 1000 yards too. Their defense is suspect giving up 42 points to both south and Salem. Being an EBC fan the conference is good, but Poland will be the best team WB plays this year and WB is no slouch for Poland. I saw Poland play South Range on TV and I really like their quarterback. He is a lot like Johnson from Salem only bigger. I think WB will score points but they will really struggle stopping Poland and Poland will win 48-41 in a shootout. I can’t wait to see this one!!

Then which team is the best they played? I looked at the schedule and I am very curious about your response.
CatDog, I am simply saying I don't know enough about West Branches opponents to simply pontificate that Poland is the best team they have played.. I have however watched Poland enough to know how physical they are. You are free to overrule my objection if you judge it to be appropriate. ;)

CatDog, I am simply saying I don't know enough about West Branches opponents to simply pontificate that Poland is the best team they have played.. I have however watched Poland enough to know how physical they are. You are free to overrule my objection if you judge it to be appropriate. ;)
Overruled!

Poland is absolutely the best team WB will have faced to date. Also the 3rd best team in the NE8, also Poland played a much tougher OOC schedule.

Poland is absolutely the best team WB will have faced to date. Also the 3rd best team in the NE8, also Poland played a much tougher OOC schedule.
Yep. And WB is probably the third best team the Dogs faced, behind Canfield and SR.

Poland is built to win this game. BUT, if the defense takes plays off or they trail by two or more touchdowns, this game can get out of hand in favor of WB. Not saying Poland wins, just saying this game is very winnable for them.

Go Dogs!

Yep. And WB is probably the third best team the Dogs faced, behind Canfield and SR.

Poland is built to win this game. BUT, if the defense takes plays off or they trail by two or more touchdowns, this game can get out of hand in favor of WB. Not saying Poland wins, just saying this game is very winnable for them.

Go Dogs!
My issue is pavlansky, tends to go away from what they’re good at, that’ll be the deciding factor in the game. The second half of the Hubbard game they went completely away from what they do and they lost after being up big

My issue is pavlansky, tends to go away from what they’re good at, that’ll be the deciding factor in the game. The second half of the Hubbard game they went completely away from what they do and they lost after being up big
That second half was truly a disaster and it was squarely on the coaches. It's been better of late but Pav and the OC still try to get cute on occasion and that does move Poland away from its game.

WB should see nothing cute from the Dogs. They have a big, effective line and a trio of 200 pound backs plus Fulton. They do have a deep threat in #3 (Dedo) but if the weather is as cold and crappy as predicted, pound it and keep Deshields on the sideline as long as possible.

Go Dogs!
Hubbard might be better than West Branch as well. Not counting the version of the Eagles that made stupid play calls against South Range. Contrary to popular belief Hubbard is actually capable of completing passes as evidenced in the New Philadelphia game.
Poland's opponents in order of difficulty:
1. Canfield
2. South Range
3. Hubbard
4. West Branch

Poland will have the best defense WB has played all year, they’ll have to do it through the air.

Howland ran the ball very well against WB, Poland is a lot better in that aspect then Howland. If Poland doesn’t get behind early they’ll grind it out by 2 scores, but it WB makes poland play catch-up like Salem did last year then was shut out in the second half we will have a really good ball game
C
The EBC is a good league. Carrollton is probably closest to Poland, run
So Poland played possibly 3 teams better than WB and lost them all. They only beat 2 teams with winning records. The team are probably equally talented with similar schedules. Polands last game against an EBC team was a 3 point win over Salem last year.

Hubbard might be better than West Branch as well. Not counting the version of the Eagles that made stupid play calls against South Range. Contrary to popular belief Hubbard is actually capable of completing passes as evidenced in the New Philadelphia game.
1. Canfield
2. South Range
3. Hubbard
4. West Branch
1-3 beat them them , right? Wb’s order:
1. Carrollton
2. Poland
3. Canton South
4. Salem

1. Canfield
2. South Range
3. Hubbard
4. West Branch
I wasn't disrespecting Hubbard. It really was a toss up in my mind and I only havethe edge to WB here because they remain undefeated. Hubbard definitely brings it on both sides of the ball and if push came to shove I think you are correct with your ranking.

Yeah. No way anyone on WBS schedule is better than Poland. Poland however played 3 teams better than WB.
Carrollton is the same type of team as Poland and would give them everything they could handle, lost to St Clairsville, West Branch and somehow blew a game to Marlington when their running back rushed for 370. They are a very good and very physical team - those types of teams do exist outside of mahoning county whether you want to believe it or not.

I actually saw Carrollton, Canton South and Salem play this year
I would rank them:
1. Poland
2. Salem
3. Canton South
4. Carrollton
I could see that why you ranked them in that order and put Poland 1 but carrollton did beat both south and Salem. Carrollton is very similar to Poland. Very good running game and physical team- Carroll County has some big and tough farm boys!!

Carrollton is the same type of team as Poland and would give them everything they could handle, lost to St Clairsville, West Branch and somehow blew a game to Marlington when their running back rushed for 370. They are a very good and very physical team - those types of teams do exist outside of mahoning county whether you want to believe it or not.
I put Carrollton 4th because Marlington is absolutely horrendous, and that is just a really bad loss that cannot be justified at all. Losing to only St. Clairsville and West Branch and discounting the Marlington game, I would say they are roughly equal to Salem.

Someone being physical doesn’t make them a good team. Poland gave Canfield who would name the score on WB all they wanted. It’s a battle of strengths, WB offense vs polands defense. Poland will be able to score because the WB run defense isn’t that great but their offense makes up for it. If Poland gets a couple stops they can easily win. It’s a pick ‘em for me as I’ve stated before.

The only common opponent was Howland
Poland won 27-14
West Branch won by a much narrower margin 37-34

So with that in mind I think this is a close game, and I actually will take Poland by 1 TD or less
COMMON OPPONENTS CAN BE MISLEADING.

CCC 15 LUCAS 0 @ LUCAS.
LUCAS 14 MOGGY 0 @ MOGADORE.

WEEK 11: MOGGY 21 CCC 13
MOGGY ALSO HAD A FG AND TD NEGATED BY PENALTY AND WERE PHYSICALLY SUPERIOR TO CCC.

BUT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT SO BASED ON THEIR COMMON OPPONENT, LUCAS.

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME.
DRU DESHIELDS IS A GREAT HIGHSCHOOL QB.
SO IS JACK FULTON.
I'D PAY TO SEE IT.
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Last edited:

CCC 15 LUCAS 0 @ LUCAS.

MOGGY ALSO HAD A FG AND TD NEGATED BY PENALTY AND WERE PHYSICALLY SUPERIOR TO CCC.

I have also seen West Branch and Poland play several times this year so the one common opponent was not my only basis for predicting that particular outcome.

I put Carrollton 4th because Marlington is absolutely horrendous, and that is just a really bad loss that cannot be justified at all. Losing to only St. Clairsville and West Branch and discounting the Marlington game, I would say they are roughly equal to Salem.
They certainly laid an egg that game-

CCC 15 LUCAS 0 @ LUCAS.

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME.
DRU DESHIELDS IS A GREAT HIGHSCHOOL QB.
SO IS JACK FULTON.
I'D PAY TO SEE IT.
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ
Ysn 9.99 lol

There's a clear bias here by the bad team posters in Poland's league trying to make themselves feel better about lackluster seasons. West Branch beat three very good teams this year, Poland lost to three very good teams. The idea that just because Poland played against some good teams somehow makes them a better team than West Branch is absurd. The EBC is good this year and West Branch is the cream of the crop in that league, it isn't like they're a MVAC team.

There's a clear bias here by the bad team posters in Poland's league trying to make themselves feel better about lackluster seasons. West Branch beat three very good teams this year, Poland lost to three very good teams. The idea that just because Poland played against some good teams somehow makes them a better team than West Branch is absurd. The EBC is good this year and West Branch is the cream of the crop in that league, it isn't like they're a MVAC team.
How has Canfield had a lackluster season? And Canfield isn't in the NE8 either. And Canfield and South Range are definitely better than anyone West Branch has played.
The fact of the matter is the Warriors have an excellent passing game, but they don't have the best defense against the run. The Bulldogs have a serviceable rushing attack and a strong defense. The net result is the Bulldogs will probably get a few stops, the Warriors won't get the stops they need and Poland grinds out a tough victory by one score or so.