• West Branch by 1-7

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • West Branch by 8-13

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • West Branch 14+

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

If Poland D can get some stops, their power run game could carry the night and keep the WB offense off the field. Can't see WB stopping Poland. Dogs in a close one.

First meeting between the former Mahoning Valley Conference rivals since 1987. Poland leads the series 10-5.

I recall West Branch being the school that complained the most about Poland not having lights at the football field and was the most often reason stated for the Warriors leaving the MVC.

That deshields kid is a great QB. Being from WB he doesn’t get a ton of attention from the media. But he’s the real deal
I watched his film the other day. Kid is the real deal. 6'3"-6'-4"ish great arm, faster than I expected. He doesn't have a ton of exceptional recievers but does have a couple weapons. I think he shocks Poland.

First meeting between the former Mahoning Valley Conference rivals since 1987. Poland leads the series 10-5.

I recall West Branch being the school that complained the most about Poland not having lights at the football field and was the most often reason stated for the Warriors leaving the MVC.
I didn't know WB was in the MVC. I remember JFK, Cambell and Poland who else was a member?

I noticed that there were a couple of #9 betting the 8 seeds last night and I guess they all fit the Poland type schools who played an aggressive schedule and are legit playoff teams that had a couple close losses . Fairless might have gone 5-5 against their schedule. The same can be said about WB. If WB played Canfield, Hubbard and SR while Poland got to play Salem, Canton South and whoever was good on WB schedule this game would be played at Poland next week.

If Poland D can get some stops, their power run game could carry the night and keep the WB offense off the field. Can't see WB stopping Poland. Dogs in a close one.
Bad weather would give Poland another big advantage. Run,run ,and run again.
College Football GIF by Turner Classic Movies

I didn't know WB was in the MVC. I remember JFK, Cambell and Poland who else was a member?
The original MVC was Canfield, Girard, Howland, Liberty, Poland, Warren JFK and West Branch. Howland was the first to leave after dominating the first few years in football.

I’m not home with my detail records but Salem joined , West Branch left, Campbell Memorial joined and I believe Struthers joined before the league disbanded to reform without Campbell and JFK.

I wouldn’t say the EBC is a super strong conference but their teams did go 3-1 in the playoffs tonight.
Take away Minerva and the EBC is a quality D4 conference. Alliance is about a year away and the rest of the league should remain competitive next year, I don't really know where the narrative started that it's a bad league, it's certainly better than other leagues around it with schools of similar sizes

Poland’s 3 losses came to excellent teams. West Branch’s schedule/conference is better then people think. Maybe not quite as good as Poland’s schedule but they are 11-0. This should be a great matchup. The key to this game is the West Branch offensive line- they are excellent and the quarterback has all day to throw. I saw them play Salem and they play 7 or 8 linemen that rotate and they block well, they have depth and are fresh in the 4th quarter. I look for West Branch to start out fast and make Poland play catch up. I like Branch by 2 scores.

WB plays in a bad conference, and the Howland and Salem games are somewhat concerning. Poland is solid. Fulton is a dude.

It’ll be passing vs power, and I’m going with power by 1 score.
The EBC is not a bad conference. But I will agree Poland played a tougher schedule but the EBC is much better than you think. This is going to be a great game and WB is not 1 dimensional- they also have a 210 lb running back and can line up and run at you too with a pretty big and strong line.

Poland 24-21. Pavlanskly will find a way to keep the scoring down in this one.
Poland can win but 24 points isn’t going to do it- they will need at least 40. No way they hold west Branch to 21. If you pick Poland it would have to be 44-41. I can see that happening, a score similar to their South Range game only in reverse.

Poland can win but 24 points isn’t going to do it- they will need at least 40. No way they hold west Branch to 21. If you pick Poland it would have to be 44-41. I can see that happening, a score similar to their South Range game only in reverse.
I don't like the idea of a shootout with WB. The main question I have is about the WB defense. That's not any kind of knock, I just don't know.

Poland will have the best defense WB has played all year, they’ll have to do it through the air.

Howland ran the ball very well against WB, Poland is a lot better in that aspect then Howland. If Poland doesn’t get behind early they’ll grind it out by 2 scores, but it WB makes poland play catch-up like Salem did last year then was shut out in the second half we will have a really good ball game

I can't believe there are 8 votes saying it will be a 14+ victory. 6 for WB. I just don't see this being a blowout.
This is a toss up and probably be within 10 either way. WB is really good starting out fast. If Poland can weather the storm early it will be close, much like Salem did. I will probably go to this one, should be good, clean and hard-hitting game!!