Week 12: #5 Brookfield @ #4 Dalton

To be fair though, Hubbard hasn't been know to get past the second round of the playoffs much either
Didn’t they beat big red a few years ago in the second round? This week was technically the first round compared to their recent success

I don’t know anything about Brookfield’s coaching staff, but as I said, I was perplexed with their game plan. They had some obvious advantages at a couple of offensive skill positions, and I didn’t see them do anything to try and exploit those. I was very impressed with their line play, at least in the first half, but I think conditioning started to become an issue in the 3rd Q (that’s not an accident, that’s what Dalton does to you), and it was kinda over once Brookfield started to get tired and frustrated.

They had some great kids, and were as talented as advertised. Dalton played a great game, and should be proud of moving on. Best of luck to the Warriors in future seasons, maybe we’ll meet again down the road.

Didn’t they beat big red a few years ago in the second round? This week was technically the first round compared to their recent success
I miss spoke I meant the old 3rd round (now 4th) Hoffman has gotten just as far as Clark who has with probably less talent over the years. I know its two different divisions but still. I actually don't think Hubbard has ever made it past the regional finals in school history

Last edited:
I miss spoke I meant the old 3rd round (now 4th) Hoffman has gotten just as far as Clark who has with probably less talent over the years. I know its two different divisions but still. I actually don't think Hubbard has ever made it past the regional finals in school history
Never. I don’t mind that these kids to go to Brookfield, Clark has been getting kids from Pennsylvania since at least his second year. They are always going to have enough talent to win their conference.

Never. I don’t mind that these kids to go to Brookfield, Clark has been getting kids from Pennsylvania since at least his second year. They are always going to have enough talent to win their conference.
If anything we have lost kids to PA never have got any. We got a lot of kids from Badger in the past due to them not having football but having a youth program (make that make sense), but not many from Sharon and Farrell.

If anything we have lost kids to PA never have got any. We got a lot of kids from Badger in the past due to them not having football but having a youth program (make that make sense), but not many from Sharon and Farrell.
They have gotten at least 6 off the top of my head and I don’t follow Brookfield football too closely lol it’s a shame bc Clark has had some good teams

They have gotten at least 6 off the top of my head and I don’t follow Brookfield football too closely lol it’s a shame bc Clark has had some good teams
If you count kids going back and forth between districts as getting them from PA then yeah we have had a few. Due to the nature of our school boundaries with Sharon and Farrell we have had kids go to elementary school in Brookfield, family moved crossed the street went to middle school in PA and then family moved back and went to high school at Brookfield. Heck our elementary school used to be in Sharon believe it or not lol. Everyone of those kids tho would have went to school in the Brookfield system at some point in their lives.

My perspective on the game -

First half was what we all expected. Dalton moved the ball but was forced to punt, though you could feel that Dalton was figuring it out (it’s like they poke and prod until the find the chink in the armour)…Brookfield was explosive on offense, I felt like I was holding my breath every time they had the ball. Brookfield beat themselves in the first half with pre snap penalties. If not for probably 4 false start penalties putting them behind the stick and into 3rd and long…Brookfield easily takes a lead into halftime.

2nd half - Dalton came out and immediately went under center (most noticeable adjustment I saw on offense) and went on the assault offensively. Defensively, Dalton predetermined that #7(?) their biggest and best WR was NOT going to beat them. He was blanketed all night long and this was the difference imo. The player got frustrated, the QB got frustrated, the coach was likely frustrated by it. They couldn’t find the counter or adjustment.

Last thing - the RB #10(?) for Brookfield is electric. That kid needs to touch the ball A LOT more. I think he was a little banged up, but he scared the bleep out of me when they handed it to him.
Go Dawgs!

First half was what we all expected. Dalton moved the ball but was forced to punt, though you could feel that Dalton was figuring it out (it’s like they poke and prod until the find the chink in the armour)…Brookfield was explosive on offense, I felt like I was holding my breath every time they had the ball. Brookfield beat themselves in the first half with pre snap penalties. If not for probably 4 false start penalties putting them behind the stick and into 3rd and long…Brookfield easily takes a lead into halftime.

2nd half - Dalton came out and immediately went under center (most noticeable adjustment I saw on offense) and went on the assault offensively. Defensively, Dalton predetermined that #7(?) their biggest and best WR was NOT going to beat them. He was blanketed all night long and this was the difference imo. The player got frustrated, the QB got frustrated, the coach was likely frustrated by it. They couldn’t find the counter or adjustment.

Last thing - the RB #10(?) for Brookfield is electric. That kid needs to touch the ball A LOT more. I think he was a little banged up, but he scared the bleep out of me when they handed it to him.
Go Dawgs!
I believe he’s a sophmore too

Go Dawgs!
As I previously stated. :ROFLMAO: The TB from Brookfield doesn't get enough touches. I gave you everything on a silver platter.

LaBrae snapped the ball with 1 second on the play clock every time and didn’t attempt a pass. Was really just trying to get in and out lol
Yeah that was the coaches ingenious plan. Lol Give up before you get there. Believe me our boys were heated,they always expect to come to fight when they play Brookfield. It’s always a good game. Two hardnosed community’s and attitudes. I understood our coaches stahl plan, keep it from you so we could minimize your scoring,give our defense a break. It was a defeated attitude.No confidence at all. No game adaption either and wasted skill on our side. Didn’t even see a rb change until the fourth quarter and we never passed. First team ohio track stars just blocking and being wasted. Our D spends so much time on the field they get exhausted and 3 of the top
d guys played almost 100 percent of the game. Clarke was telling your guys who to key on,especially on special teams to clear lanes,it worked,Clarke is smart. My boy got friendly messages from Jones and etc. to watch Clarke put him on the hit list.ha Clarke in my opinion is a Stuart of film,team player skill and development of a team. Always looked forward to the games against Brookfield.

Last edited:
Yeah that was the coaches ingenious plan. Lol Give up before you get there. Believe me our boys were heated,they always expect to come to fight when they play Brookfield. It’s always a good game. Two hardnosed community’s and attitudes. I understood our coaches stahl plan, keep it from you so we could minimize your scoring,give our defense a break. It was a defeated attitude.No confidence at all. No game adaption either and wasted skill on our side. Didn’t even see a rb change until the fourth quarter and we never passed. First team ohio track stars just blocking and being wasted. Our D spends so much time on the field they get exhausted and 3 of the top
d guys played almost 100 percent of the game. Clarke was telling your guys who to key on,especially on special teams to clear lanes,it worked,Clarke is smart. My boy got friendly messages from Jones and etc. to watch Clarke put him on the hit list.ha Clarke in my opinion is a Stuart of film,team player skill and development of a team. Always looked forward to the games against Brookfield.
It was a shame what happened with the game this year cause that wasn’t a typical Brookfield vs. LaBrae game. Honestly most in Brookfield would consider LaBrae our biggest rival and to see that game not have any meaning this year sucked big time

It was a shame what happened with the game this year cause that wasn’t a typical Brookfield vs. LaBrae game. Honestly most in Brookfield would consider LaBrae our biggest rival and to see that game not have any meaning this year sucked big time
Honestly most in LaBrae feel the same about Brookfield. Especially since JFK is out of our conference. It sucked big time is right,we look forward to that game,our boys can’t wait to play that game. I can tell you our boys appreciated your fans. You guys knew right away something was up. I would go over and wrestle Clarke if your team ever came here and did that! Haha It’s not in your character!

Honestly most in LaBrae feel the same about Brookfield. Especially since JFK is out of our conference. It sucked big time is right,we look forward to that game,our boys can’t wait to play that game. I can tell you our boys appreciated your fans. You guys knew right away something was up. I would go over and wrestle Clarke if your team ever came here and did that! Haha It’s not in your character!
So what happened?