Week 11: Massillon Perry (4-6) @ Massillon (8-1)

Bizarre they beat McKinley 38-28 now we’re talking running clock after what I saw. One got way better one got way worse I guess.
McKinley had a complete turnaround after our meeting with them. They seemed out of sync. I am sure Perry will show up. We don't have the depth. We have some of the same issues lots of teams have. Slates is responsible when a play doesn't work, but if the kid goes for a score it's " Look at Johnny what a great run. " Happens all over. I guess they are still going to play.

For the complete evaluation of what is to come you will need to wait for No nonsense Sense fans take on the game
Speaking of no-sense I haven't seen any "Ignored content from this poster notifications. Must be taking the 7th straight loss extra hard.🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the posts that are unnecessary.

“Always has been” … please tell me you don’t mean as a player?

Regardless of what Slates’s coaching legacy ends up- which he still has plenty of time- he could end up at another school at some point, who knows. He could turn it around yet at Perry. He’s well established as a tremendous player when he played.

With that being said, the trashing of coaches on here and in the stands should be cut way down. These guys, just like Coach Moore, teach young men the sport of football for (usually) pennies on the dollar. We all can agree how valuable that can be to any kid. Just like teachers, good coaches are harder and harder to come by.

All of them have different methods that I think we can criticize, but calling any of these guys that put in that kind of time “trash”, is ridiculous imo.
Good post. Coach Slates is a very nice man.

Speaking of no-sense I haven't seen any "Ignored content from this poster notifications. Must be taking the 7th straight loss extra hard.🤣🤣
Take your head out of the sand or you could be made to look like a total fool yet again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that what many adult fans of any high school sport at any school are doing at every contest?

Do you always cheer for everyone else to beat the team you lost you? As if you’re a part of it? Personally I usually want our opponents to win, esp. our rivals. Good luck in the playoffs.

IMO, a lot of the hype isn’t here for this game because, Perry is not playing well, on a 4 game losing streak, they have injuries to some key players, probably will be 8 players inactive this week and Wakefield isn’t there, which always gets the Tiger fans even more fired up.
This could have been a much better matchup if it took place in the third round, with Perry having a winning record, on the upswing, with all their starters healthy.
All that being said, they’ll play hard no matter the outcome.

You guys always living vicariously....leaving a Massillon Perry game in '12, I heard a Perry fan say, "I can't wait until next week when Stuebenville gets a hold of them." More recently we've seen posts from the local below average league posters saying, "Lol, wait until they play Hoban." It's sad really.
Which is exactly why it’s always Massillon against everyone ! Just how we like it !

IMO, a lot of the hype isn’t here for this game because, Perry is not playing well, on a 4 game losing streak, they have injuries to some key players, probably will be 8 players inactive this week and Wakefield isn’t there, which always gets the Tiger fans even more fired up.
This could have been a much better matchup if it took place in the third round, with Perry having a winning record, on the upswing, with all their starters healthy.
All that being said, they’ll play hard no matter the outcome.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. There isn’t a lot of hype because Massillon has dominated your team to the point where it’s funny when we have to play Perry and watch your 5’3” 145# DB’s try to cover someone. It wouldn’t matter if this game was played in 8 weeks. Perry was healthy the last 2 times we played and it was 78-20 ! Bye bye

You guys always living vicariously....leaving a Massillon Perry game in '12, I heard a Perry fan say, "I can't wait until next week when Stuebenville gets a hold of them." More recently we've seen posts from the local below average league posters saying, "Lol, wait until they play Hoban." It's sad really.
I havent seen any of the "wait until they play Hoban" posts. What thread and who said it? Im curoius