Week 11- Marion Harding Presidents @ Green Bulldogs

Bull GreenDog

This is Green's first time qualifying for the playoffs since 2004, so there is a ton of hype about this one from the Green side. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a huge home crowd for this one. Tickets are going to be sold online through the OHSAA, not Green High School. If anyone is planning on attending who hasn't been to Green's stadium before, the visitors side is fairly big, but there isn't much parking outside the stadium. If you don't get there early enough, you'll probably have to park across Steese Road at Queen of Heaven Church, or at the city hall parking lot off of Town Park Boulevard. If you're planning on grabbing something to eat, the Town Tavern and Pancho's Grill are both very close to the stadium and the highway.

This is Green's first time qualifying for the playoffs since 2004, so there is a ton of hype about this one from the Green side. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a huge home crowd for this one. Tickets are going to be sold online through the OHSAA, not Green High School. If anyone is planning on attending who hasn't been to Green's stadium before, the visitors side is fairly big, but there isn't much parking outside the stadium. If you don't get there early enough, you'll probably have to park across Steese Road at Queen of Heaven Church, or at the city hall parking lot off of Town Park Boulevard. If you're planning on grabbing something to eat, the Town Tavern and Pancho's Grill are both very close to the stadium and the highway.
Dude....you running for Mayor!?!?...thanks! Ill be there

Green played Worthington Kilbourne in the playoffs last year as a 4 seed. It was a great game at Green.

Anyone seen Marion Harding play this year? Judging by the scores it looks like they have a good offense. Green's defense is probably the best one the Presidents have faced though, except maybe Mansfield. I'm thinking Bulldogs should be about a 10 point favorite at home here, but if Marion makes it a shootout anything could happen.

I haven't paid attention to Green Football in 10 years and only went back to town a few times since graduating. But some old High School friends posted about us in the playoffs so I had to snoop around the ole Yappi.

Here's a couple fun trivia/facts for you. (Ignoring 2020)

Who was the QB during Green's last playoff run? He went on to UCONN on scholarship

Who was the coach during that playoff run and during the last 7 win season before being replaced by Tom Stacy in 08?

This will be the first playoff game Green has had in the new stadium since they hosted a final four neutral site game in 06 I think? I'm fuzzy on that one. Alliance won the game I believe

Hopefully I can catch the game on YouTube

I haven't paid attention to Green Football in 10 years and only went back to town a few times since graduating. But some old High School friends posted about us in the playoffs so I had to snoop around the ole Yappi.

Who was the QB during Green's last playoff run? He went on to UCONN on scholarship

Who was the coach during that playoff run and during the last 7 win season before being replaced by Tom Stacy in 08?

This will be the first playoff game Green has had in the new stadium since they hosted a final four neutral site game in 06 I think? I'm fuzzy on that one. Alliance won the game I believe

Simple ??
Cundiff, finished up setting records at Ashland and tried out with Bengals
McVicker best coach we had until the spineless school board ran him out because of a whiney parent, haven't had a good coach since but MAYBE Geis will be.
I believe we have hosted quite a few other playoff games since 2006??

Marion Harding has a good ball club. Very fundamental sound and Physical. But Green could win. At this point in playoffs though be glad your not catching Archbishop Hoban. No disrespect no doubt you stand up. Be great you play Massillon. Green by 4 over MH. If they play Massillon its over.

Although I will add that VanHorn set the single season passing record (yardage) this year. I don't think he was as good as Cundiff but probably did it against better competition.

Marion Harding has a good ball club. Very fundamental sound and Physical. But Green could win. At this point in playoffs though be glad your not catching Archbishop Hoban. No disrespect no doubt you stand up. Be great you play Massillon. Green by 4 over MH. If they play Massillon its over.
Play them first or down the road you have to get thru everyone. Green just isn't deep enough to make any noise. Lost a lineman and it looked pretty serious against Lake. When 3 of your 4 best offensive players are also your 3 best defensive players it tells you how we usually do in the second half. But we'll fight.

We hosted a 2nd round game between Rootstown and Norwayne in 2017. Coldest high school game I've ever been at. Rootstown had a great team and won pretty easily.

Simple ??
Cundiff, finished up setting records at Ashland and tried out with Bengals
McVicker best coach we had until the spineless school board ran him out because of a whiney parent, haven't had a good coach since but MAYBE Geis will be.
Ah I was hoping it was a long enough time frame that people might have forgotten Cundiff. Did the QB this year break his record? I think Cundiff would've had even more yards in his record if Corey Welch wasn't so good at RB back then. It was quite the one-two punch. I think Cundiff also tried out for Charlotte in the NFL too but I could be misremembering.

McVicker was the best coach of my lifetime but some old Green residents might remember Dan Drake who coached from 72-88 ish? I believe still has the record for winning percentage in the Suburban League and most wins in a row and most championships in a row.

Well here's some other history ?? Who was the QB and RB on the 2001 final 4 team? I honestly can't remember the QB so I'd have to look it up but he was pretty darn good. We also lost a stud LB to Hoban that year and he would have really helped, he went on to play at Arizona.

Well here's some other history ?? Who was the QB and RB on the 2001 final 4 team? I honestly can't remember the QB so I'd have to look it up but he was pretty darn good. We also lost a stud LB to Hoban that year and he would have really helped, he went on to play at Arizona.
Ryan Gibson was the QB and Brandon Oing was the RB

I moved to Green right at the end of that year so I couldn't say actually

There are a lot of kids that have been lost over the years to Hoban, St. V and Massillon. Speaking of playoffs does anyone know what year was the first year Green got to the Playoffs and players names? Green has had a long history of great football but ever since McVicker left it has never been the same in my opinion. Drake and McVicker are the two greatest coaches in Green's Football History just my opinion.

There are a lot of kids that have been lost over the years to Hoban, St. V and Massillon. Speaking of playoffs does anyone know what year was the first year Green got to the Playoffs and players names? Green has had a long history of great football but ever since McVicker left it has never been the same in my opinion. Drake and McVicker are the two greatest coaches in Green's Football History just my opinion.
Green's first playoff game was in 1994 and they beat Padua Franciscan. Jake Shocklee was a linebacker on that team and played at Walsh U. He was my PE teacher at GHS. I believe Joe Homoney was the head coach in 94.

I know that in the 1970s and 1980s Green dominated the Suburban League under Coach Drake, and really dominated that league across most sports.