Week 10: Life Christian Academy (VA)

ReLoad

The Bombers (3-6) finish the regular season at home vs Life Christian Academy (3-5).
The game will be televised on ESPX and the 40 senior players will be recognized before kickoff

LCA is located in South Chesterfield, Virginia 30 minutes due south of Richmond.
This will be the first time X has faced a team from the state of Virginia

The Bombers will have played teams from 13 states: Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, California, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, Georgia and Virginia

They are a collection of D1 college recruits
#1 S Kaleb Spencer Sr. 6’3” 210lb Oklahoma commit
#4 RB Michael Dabney So. 5’7” 170lb offers from Boston College, Pitt and Maryland.
#5 CB Antonio Cotman Sr. 6’3” 195lb Boston College commit
#8 WR/DB Iveon Lewis Fr. 6’0” 155lb offer from Maryland
#9 LB Kel Dabney Fr. 6’0” 210lb offers from Maryland and Pitt
#11 CB B.J. Lowery Sr. 5’10” 175lb offers from Army and Pitt
#71 LT Joshua Doogie Miller Sr. 6’6” 320lb Penn State commit
#99 DE Sam Cohen So. offer from Georgia

Normally Coach Specht and the coaching staff is able to outcoach some of these out of states team who have significantly better athletes. I don't like our chances though against LCA based off of those offers and commits and the personnel the bombers are currently putting on the field. I think the talent drop off will be too much and the bombers won't be able to contain LCA's explosive athletes. Hope for the best though. Would hate to see our seniors get blown out on senior night.

Huh. Weird how the past few weeks X has committed to power running and is looking much more consistent on offense, and protecting the defense. Weird.

Wow. I just saw they have a total of 43 students in the high school. I suppose about half of them are girls. I guess almost the entire high school is on the football team! link

Huh. Weird how the past few weeks X has committed to power running and is looking much more consistent on offense, and protecting the defense. Weird.
Even gave the ball to the fullback. Felt like I was watching 2005-2012-era Bombers. Didn’t hate it. What I really loved was watching the O-line drive the D-line 3 yards back- a lot easier to get good run yardage when the RB makes his first cut 2 yards downfield.