Week 10: Elder (4-5) vs LaSalle (5-4)

Rush Limbaugh

Sad to see no thread on this game yet.

I think Elder wins this game 35-28. Elder is still the 3rd or 4th best team in region 4 and hopefully will earn a home playoff game.

Elder will travel to La Salle Friday night. Elder will take 2nd place in GCL with a win and earn a home playoff game with a win.

La Salle
Colerain won 20-14
Winton Woods won 21-7
IMG Academy(FL) lost 7-58
Trinity(KY) won 48-27
DuPont Manual(KY) won 28-24
Moeller lost 14-28
Cathedral(IN) lost 7-35
St. Xavier lost 14-49
Trotwood-Madison won 24-0
Week 10 Elder

This should be a very close game all the way. It will be a chilly night, but there is no rain in the forecast.

Elder 35
La Salle 28

(Rush Limbaugh and ElderHSfan02 created two threads about this game at the exact same minute so the threads are now merged.)

My gut feeling is Elder beats Lasalle, get #7 seed play Colerain(guessing 10) in 1st round at Elder and then hopefully win and play either Moeller, X, or Lakota West. I have a feeling Moe loses on road to King with X and LW both winning leaving it a toss up for which one is 1, 2, and 3.

Every year there is a game or two that goes the opposite of the way you think leaving pre week 10 playoff predictions useless. The only thing I feel comfortable with saying is the mathematical harbin locks according to JoeEitel max/min win/lose totals.

By the way, Ramsey said last week that Flowers should be back this week recovering from a shoulder injury. I consider that public knowledge with Ramsey openly discussing it on radio.

As with most of the games this season, it will come down to how well Elder protects Hambleton and if the D can get timely stops. For some reason, Elder gets off to slow starts at LS and that can’t happen again.

Also, a big wildcard is Payne. I have no idea what his status is, but if he’s back at RB, he’s going to be a big problem for Elder.

Moeller, St. Xavier, and Cathedral all put up big passing yards against Lasalle. Elder will hopefully do the same which is why I have them at 35 points for this game.

Moeller 324 yards passing, 3 touchdowns, 0 interception
Cathedral 363 yards passing, 4 touchdowns, 1 interception
St. Xavier 348 yards passing, 3 touchdowns, 0 interception

Lasalle is a little inexperienced in the secondary, and the secondary is not as talented as they have been in the past.

As with most of the games this season, it will come down to how well Elder protects Hambleton and if the D can get timely stops. For some reason, Elder gets off to slow starts at LS and that can’t happen again.

Also, a big wildcard is Payne. I have no idea what his status is, but if he’s back at RB, he’s going to be a big problem for Elder.
If Ruffin doesn’t play, Hambleton will be fine. If Ruffin plays, Hambleton may be running around a lot.

Payne hasn’t played since the first half against Cathedral. But frankly, he has not been a problem for anybody this year and I can’t see him causing Elder much trouble either. Davay Hill could run all over them if they struggle tackling low-to-the-ground fire plugs who run hard but he plays DL most of the time.

It would be cool to get a sixth win over Elder in eight years, but my guess is Elder 21, La Salle 10 this week.

Moeller, St. Xavier, and Cathedral all put up big passing yards against Lasalle. Elder will hopefully do the same which is why I have them at 35 points for this game.

Moeller 324 yards passing, 3 touchdowns, 0 interception
Cathedral 363 yards passing, 4 touchdowns, 1 interception
St. Xavier 348 yards passing, 3 touchdowns, 0 interception

Lasalle is a little inexperienced in the secondary, and the secondary is not as talented as they have been in the past.
Minor correction: They are very talented in the secondary … just really young. They’ve actually played well when I’ve been there. I didn’t see the Moeller or X games, but that Cathedral QB was by far the best we’ve seen this year or will see.

If Ruffin doesn’t play, Hambleton will be fine. If Ruffin plays, Hambleton may be running around a lot.

Payne hasn’t played since the first half against Cathedral. But frankly, he has not been a problem for anybody this year and I can’t see him causing Elder much trouble either. Davay Hill could run all over them if they struggle tackling low-to-the-ground fire plugs who run hard but he plays DL most of the time.

It would be cool to get a sixth win over Elder in eight years, but my guess is Elder 21, La Salle 10 this week.

I think Elder has had more trouble with the speedier backs than the bigger, power runners. They have a decently strong core of linebackers, but not the fastest group they've had. This is a game where Elder is missing Paff dearly. I guess you could say that just about any game, but this one I have a feeling he'd have a big game tackling.

I think Elder has had more trouble with the speedier backs than the bigger, power runners. They have a decently strong core of linebackers, but not the fastest group they've had. This is a game where Elder is missing Paff dearly. I guess you could say that just about any game, but this one I have a feeling he'd have a big game tackling.

Grant and Hill have been a really nice combination running the ball for LS. Cope is more of a Branam-style QB than Mattingly is, although he is of course not Branam. He can get into space and by you in a hurry.

The problem I've seen all year for La Salle — and it certainly isn't a lack of trying or working hard — but there is no blocking from the receivers, so what once were big plays just fizzle out. Plus, the passing game isn't a threat ... way too many drops all year.

Of course, this is Week 10 and it's Elder, so La Salle just might put it all together this week.

What position does Ruffin play? And I’m guessing he is dinged up if you are questioning his playing?

The problem I've seen all year for La Salle — and it certainly isn't a lack of trying or working hard — but there is no blocking from the receivers, so what once were big plays just fizzle out. Plus, the passing game isn't a threat ... way too many drops all year.

Of course, this is Week 10 and it's Elder, so La Salle just might put it all together this week.
This is a winnable game for either Team. If LaSalle passing game not really a threat, Elder will win. Hardly ever see a GCL Team just run all over or around another GCL Team. I think Elder needs this W more than LaSalle but a LaSalle home game so as always, anything possible.

This is a winnable game for either Team. If LaSalle passing game not really a threat, Elder will win. Hardly ever see a GCL Team just run all over or around another GCL Team. I think Elder needs this W more than LaSalle but a LaSalle home game so as always, anything possible.
Elder can’t start slow like they have the last 2 games at LS.

I can only guess his ankle has not been near 100% all year and it's got to the point he has had to shut down. If I'm La Salle I hold him out for the playoff run unless he truly is cleared and ready to go. I wouldn't risk anything just to get a win vs. Elder. The playoff run is much more important.

Minor correction: They are very talented in the secondary … just really young. They’ve actually played well when I’ve been there. I didn’t see the Moeller or X games, but that Cathedral QB was by far the best we’ve seen this year or will see.

I'm sure they are talented, but they are still young and I stand by they aren't as talented as the group that recently went through. I guess time will tell on that.

Payne hasn’t really had an impact on any games the last 2 seasons? I think injuries and his own lack of effort (poor attitude) whatever you want to call it has been a major reason the LaSalle Offense has struggled this year. Elder players will definitely give maximum effort.

Payne hasn’t really had an impact on any games the last 2 seasons? I think injuries and his own lack of effort (poor attitude) whatever you want to call it has been a major reason the LaSalle Offense has struggled this year. Elder players will definitely give maximum effort.
Injuries, yes. I have seen no evidence whatsoever of a bad attitude. In fact, all I hear are good things about the kid. He’s just had a couple rough seasons. Hopefully he takes off at IU.

Injuries, yes. I have seen no evidence whatsoever of a bad attitude. In fact, all I hear are good things about the kid. He’s just had a couple rough seasons. Hopefully he takes off at IU.

I keep hearing opt out from some of my LaSalle buddies. No clue what that really means in the context of this situation though.

My LaSalle friends, say he is not putting full effort into returning to the field, rehab whatever it is. I have also had LaSalle friends tell me same thing as Don Flamenco says above. Elder will have the majority of their best players out there and will get max effort. Glad Payne earned a scholarship but that IU Coach is a complete clown and has been for a number of years. Nothing to do with how he treated Ramsey either.