Week 1: Springfield Shawnee (0-0) @ Valley View (0-0)

Who wins?

• Valley View (0-0)

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Shawnee (0-0)

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Shawnee by 1. i think Valley View will be very good, but can’t see them winning week 1 against a team coached by Rick Meeks. will take a week or 2 to adjust to new coaching staff

Interesting question. Who wins? Hmmm. Does anyone have any information about these teams? How did the first scrimmage go? Where are they scrimmaging Friday or Saturday (I think Thursday for Shawnee). Usually the CBC and SWBL threads are full of information for these respective teams but this year...none, nada, zilch. Its like their fans have gone underground and we will all find out next week. Right now, I have Shawnee winning the coin toss and will defer.

Interesting question. Who wins? Hmmm. Does anyone have any information about these teams? How did the first scrimmage go? Where are they scrimmaging Friday or Saturday (I think Thursday for Shawnee). Usually the CBC and SWBL threads are full of information for these respective teams but this year...none, nada, zilch. Its like their fans have gone underground and we will all find out next week. Right now, I have Shawnee winning the coin toss and will defer.
I can think of 1 game where Meeks won the toss and didn't defer

There’s a lot of info, but not all is posted on Yappi. Valley View returns a bunch from last year and this one should be their coming out party. No disrespect to Shawnee.

There’s a lot of info, but not all is posted on Yappi. Valley View returns a bunch from last year and this one should be their coming out party. No disrespect to Shawnee.
Hmm, this information must be contained within the Mar-A-Largo files taken by the FBI. I thought Yappi was the end all be all source of information. Outside of Knightsfan posting Shawnee scrimmaging on Thursday, I cant find anything on VV. The SWBL thread seems to be embroiled in a disenfrenchfried 8th grader at Carlisle and the CBC thread, the Bellefontaine QB receiving Power 5,or what used to be Power 5, offers.
Now with VV returning a bunch from last year and their coming out party this year, I'm 50/50 on my coin toss prediction.

Hmm, this information must be contained within the Mar-A-Largo files taken by the FBI. I thought Yappi was the end all be all source of information. Outside of Knightsfan posting Shawnee scrimmaging on Thursday, I cant find anything on VV. The SWBL thread seems to be embroiled in a disenfrenchfried 8th grader at Carlisle and the CBC thread, the Bellefontaine QB receiving Power 5,or what used to be Power 5, offers.
Now with VV returning a bunch from last year and their coming out party this year, I'm 50/50 on my coin toss prediction.
Don’t come on here starting that. It’s a real sure fire way to get booted.

Very interesting game. Last year, VV was DIV and Shawnee DV and VV won. This year it's VV DV and Shawnee DIV. I pick the Braves in a barn burner!!

to Springfield Shawnee fans, wondering your thoughts of Minster after you scrimmaged them last week, wasn't able to go to the scrimmage to see the Wildcats..

it’s all in good fun. Gamma Gobbler is a great poster. i thought it was a great joke.
You took the Braves by 1. What do they have? VV won last year with a new coach 25-7 and have been fairly dominate with previous years scrimmages. What makes this year any different. I know a little bit about the Braves based on the past couple years but what do they have that can turn the tide in their favor this year? VV seems to have a lot of skilled, athletic kids coming back and regardless of a new coach, they are a stout opponent that should be the favorite.

I apologize if my previous post crossed the line (hoping to hear from Bless Em All to set me straight) but all of it was tongue in cheek and just wanting to stir the fan bases and get more information on the teams before making an uneducated guess. Thanks dograt for your link, good stuff. Where is The Voice when I need him, lol.

You took the Braves by 1. What do they have? VV won last year with a new coach 25-7 and have been fairly dominate with previous years scrimmages. What makes this year any different. I know a little bit about the Braves based on the past couple years but what do they have that can turn the tide in their favor this year? VV seems to have a lot of skilled, athletic kids coming back and regardless of a new coach, they are a stout opponent that should be the favorite.

I apologize if my previous post crossed the line (hoping to hear from Bless Em All to set me straight) but all of it was tongue in cheek and just wanting to stir the fan bases and get more information on the teams before making an uneducated guess. Thanks dograt for your link, good stuff. Where is The Voice when I need him, lol.
Shawnee was very young last year. they replaced a lot. they got better every single week last season.

Shawnee brings back a ton. i can think of maybe 1-2 impact players they lost and believe they were skill players. the group they have coming back is fairly battle tested playing the likes of London, Bellefontaine, and Taft last year.

so to answer your question: why did i pick the Braves by 1? the answer- Rick Meeks and experience.

Shawnee was very young last year. they replaced a lot. they got better every single week last season.

Shawnee brings back a ton. i can think of maybe 1-2 impact players they lost and believe they were skill players. the group they have coming back is fairly battle tested playing the likes of London, Bellefontaine, and Taft last year.

so to answer your question: why did i pick the Braves by 1? the answer- Rick Meeks and experience.
Looking at last years roster and stats (Shawnee), they have a receiver and quality QB or two with a stout RB coming back and if their OL is on par with the skills, then this could be a shoot out. What to expect from the defense?
Just curious to how many years Meek's staff has been together, 17-20? that's huge in this day and age but what really matters is the athletes on the field.
Do the Braves have enough battle tested athletes combined with the coaching experience to overcome VV? I may be able to see both teams before they meet up next week, if I knew where VV will be this Friday...I think last year it was Butler???

I think the Braves would be a better fit/competitive in DV, they are a small DIV now, Make no mistake, VV and Eaton, first two weeks, are the litmus test for the Braves in how they fare this year. I have to hand it to them, they back away from nobody and they'll play all comers, maybe they should play Milton Union too, lol. Love their spunk!!!

BTW, which AD in the CBC voted against Shawnee moving down to the Mad River division next year? My guess is Shawnee.

Looking at last years roster and stats (Shawnee), they have a receiver and quality QB or two with a stout RB coming back and if their OL is on par with the skills, then this could be a shoot out. What to expect from the defense?
Just curious to how many years Meek's staff has been together, 17-20? that's huge in this day and age but what really matters is the athletes on the field.
Do the Braves have enough battle tested athletes combined with the coaching experience to overcome VV? I may be able to see both teams before they meet up next week, if I knew where VV will be this Friday...I think last year it was Butler???

I think the Braves would be a better fit/competitive in DV, they are a small DIV now, Make no mistake, VV and Eaton, first two weeks, are the litmus test for the Braves in how they fare this year. I have to hand it to them, they back away from nobody and they'll play all comers, maybe they should play Milton Union too, lol. Love their spunk!!!

BTW, which AD in the CBC voted against Shawnee moving down to the Mad River division next year? My guess is Shawnee.
looks like Valley View is at Butler on friday night.

not sure which AD voted against the move. my guess is Urbana. they won’t do well in the Kenton Trail. either way i’m not sure the vote matters as it was a rule in the constitution that they just adjusted to.

Shawnee has scheduled some big time games during the Meeks era

Ill take VV in this game. Valley View has made some changes to coaching staff and feel like this year they will be a tough out in D5. Think this has a chance to be a really good game though. VV Brings back Qb and a very good senior class. The community got who they wanted in their after letting Skidmore go. They play Milton week 2 and Im thinking either one of those teams come out of Region 20

I am about 90% sure it was Urbana. They do not want to be in the KT. Granted, in the long run this will be temporary. With 3 new developments in the district (1 almost complete and the other 2 pending), Shawnee will be growing again soon.

I am about 90% sure it was Urbana. They do not want to be in the KT. Granted, in the long run this will be temporary. With 3 new developments in the district (1 almost complete and the other 2 pending), Shawnee will be growing again soon.
where are these developments at? i thought they were building some new developments in the Springfield City district. and i wouldn’t be so sure about that. Graham isn’t getting smaller either- i was actually suprised when they moved Urbana to the KT instead of Graham. but numbers don’t lie!

where are these developments at? i thought they were building some new developments in the Springfield City district. and i wouldn’t be so sure about that. Graham isn’t getting smaller either- i was actually suprised when they moved Urbana to the KT instead of Graham. but numbers don’t lie!
They're building a couple new developments by Walmart on E. National.