Week 1: Elder at Covington Catholic(KY)

This always makes no sense to me. Elder was up 42-7 with zero chance of losing. Who cares if they keep the starters in - put in the second string to get some reps. It's not like they can't compete.
It’s Elder’s fault CC wouldn’t sub? BS. When the backups finally get to play it shouldn’t be vs a team’s starters, that doesn’t help anyone.

Why don’t you want Elder to have the largest enrollment possible? I don’t see why you have such a laissez faire attitude in that regard.
Of course I do. I would love if it were allowed. I think it's a silly rule, but I don't make the rules. Plus it has already been challenged and shot down by the courts. So what can you or I, or anyone else for that matter do about it? Answer, absolutely nothing. I just think it's funny that you get so bent out of shape about it and whine on here like that's causing some big change in the minds of the OHSAA.

This always makes no sense to me. Elder was up 42-7 with zero chance of losing. Who cares if they keep the starters in - put in the second string to get some reps. It's not like they can't compete.
Agreed. You can't worry about what the other team is doing, you've got to coach your team and your players (unless the other team is out there trying to hurt people). With that said, in last night's game I don't think you need to pull the starters before the start of the 4th Qtr. Your starters likely haven't played past the first series or two in scrimmages. Need to get used to playing full 4 Qtr games, especially Elder because they're likely to be in quite a few with that schedule.

It’s Elder’s fault CC wouldn’t sub? BS. When the backups finally get to play it shouldn’t be vs a team’s starters, that doesn’t help anyone.
I didn't say it was anyone's fault. Who cares what they do. What does it matter if the second string plays against the starters? Why is that a "thing" - who cares. Alot of the second string guys would probably start for Cov Cath.

I didn't say it was anyone's fault. Who cares what they do. What does it matter if the second string plays against the starters? Why is that a "thing" - who cares. Alot of the second string guys would probably start for Cov Cath.
You said in this thread that their starters are comparable to Elder’s. So which is it?

You said in this thread that their starters are comparable to Elder’s. So which is it?
No, I said the talent is similar in terms of speed, athleticism, etc - but they just have less of them. They had numerous guys playing both ways. It was an obvious depth advantage for Elder, when that's usually not the case when they play the D1 state powers.

Even Ramsey said they are a very similar program to Elder talent wise - they're just smaller.

No, I said the talent is similar in terms of speed, athleticism, etc - but they just have less of them. They had numerous guys playing both ways. It was an obvious depth advantage for Elder, when that's usually not the case when they play the D1 state powers.

Even Ramsey said they are a very similar program to Elder talent wise - they're just smaller.
That makes no sense. If they were similar talent wise, then Elder’s backups wouldn’t be starters for them. You’re talking out of your a**.

That makes no sense. If they were similar talent wise, then Elder’s backups wouldn’t be starters for them. You’re talking out of your a**.
Ramsey said (paraphrasing) - "they have guys just like us, guys that won't be playing on Saturdays, but guys that are good high school players and love playing for their school. They're generally good high school athletes who are excited to represent their school on the field. They're not going to wow you with speed and athleticism, like us, but they have a winning tradition and know how to win".

Stop acting like Elder is some hotbed of college talent. Same type of players at Elder and CovCath - Elder is just deeper.

Ramsey said (paraphrasing) - "they have guys just like us, guys that won't be playing on Saturdays, but guys that are good high school players and love playing for their school. They're generally good high school athletes who are excited to represent their school on the field. They're not going to wow you with speed and athleticism, like us, but they have a winning tradition and know how to win".

Stop acting like Elder is some hotbed of college talent. Same type of players at Elder and CovCath - Elder is just deeper.
But that doesn’t mean Elder’s backups would start for them.

All of you just keep feeding him. Just ignore him. He will go away.
WTF did I do? It’s Tardy that won’t leave me alone. All I said was Elder shouldn’t be intimidated playing PC because they played them tough a yr ago.

Don't agree with Smarty on much, but he's right on the money here. Pboy would keep posting, even if it was just to himself. He can't help himself.
I’ve tried to scale back the aggressiveness but I think it’s cowardly to straddle both sides of the fence. I won’t apologize for that.