Week 1: Clinton Massie (0-0) @ Waynesville (0-0)

Who wins?

• Waynesville (0-0)

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Clinton Massie (0-0)

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters

ex_dc_atc

Any thoughts on this rivalry game? When was the last time these two met up in the OOC? I know it used to be a regularly scheduled game until recently.

Based on Waynesville vs Goshen scrimmage last night, waynesville is gonna throw the ball about 80% of the time. If massie has a weakness early, it's that.

Massie wins big. However, Massie gave up a lot of air yards to Little Miami in their scrimmage. As all great teams do, they'll make the necessary adjustments to correct that. Waynesville's offense is not good.....at all, but their defense is much improved- but not improved enough to slow Massie down that much.

Massie 56 Waynesville 3

Last edited:
Always a well contested game for the most part. I expect CM to win but it will be competitive just because of the rivalry. This IS most definitely a good game for both programs. Rivalry games are needed and should never disappear unless a drastic change in enrollment happens. Glad this game is back on the schedule.

IMO if Waynesville has a mobile QB who can create if flushed out of pocket and can throw a mediocre ball they might have a shot. And yes, Massie will take the air out of the ball and win this in the trenches. Massie 42 Waynesville 21.

I expected to see CM be the team that is favored heavily. It's nice to see Waynesville and CM playing again in Week 1.

What all do both teams return? What does CM have coming back from their championship team? Will they throw the ball more than last season? I know the Falcons are always run heavy, but last year's team seemed to pass even less than normal.

Tyler Tolson 6'1 255 Sr.
Adam Frisch 6' 235 Sr.
Isaiah McCoy 6' 275 Sr.
Joey Kocher 6'1 270 Sr.
Owen Trick 6'2 260 Sr.
4 out of the 5 Lineman return this season.
If you know Massie you be the judge on what you think they might do with all that BEEF BACK!!! RTDB...

Tyler Tolson 6'1 255 Sr.
Adam Frisch 6' 235 Sr.
Isaiah McCoy 6' 275 Sr.
Joey Kocher 6'1 270 Sr.
Owen Trick 6'2 260 Sr.
If you know Massie you be the judge on what you think they might do with all that BEEF BACK!!! RTDB...
Probably the more important question was the OL. Sounds like they'll be right where Massie likes to be.

Massie made too many mistakes but I look for them to right the ship quickly. After the first drive of the game (which they scored on), they seemed really flat after that.

Been a lot of talk about Massie’s offensive line leading up to this season. Highly touted. Best line ever.

They were the weak link against Waynesville.

You will not win football games when you can’t fill block or keep the D line from penetrating. You cannot win games when you kill drives with penalties.

Lots of other things that sucked tonight but Massie’s offensive line getting owned by Waynesville Defense was what stood out as the main reason Massie got beat.

Tyler Tolson 6'1 255 Sr.
Adam Frisch 6' 235 Sr.
Isaiah McCoy 6' 275 Sr.
Joey Kocher 6'1 270 Sr.
Owen Trick 6'2 260 Sr.
My guess: Are they going to lose to waynesville and be a soft bunch of pansies? It looks like that from week one but hey you know better than me.