Week 1 - Central C v Perry

my2sense

CCC returns a stud QB and one of Stark's best coaches. I think Perry is going to be an interesting team to watch all season.

Always a great battle on 13th st. Slates got through a tough first year and can settle in and make things more his own way. Perry will be greatly improved IMO as will Lake and GO, making the Fed even better.

Week 1 tough to pick but I'll say Perry takes it.

Your thoughts on the game?

Great opening night. Lots of action so far 28-14 so far. Almost half time. Perry run game looks good and Talkington has made some nice throws for CC. More later.

28-21 at the half. Great crowd. Neon night for Perry kids. Talkington looks great for a first half of week 1. Perry started strong but CC grabs the momentum back before half. Great to talk to Coach Wake for a couple minutes.

Both offenses looked good. The Panthers wore them down in the fourth. Similar to the game back in 19.
Perry has some nice backs. The sophomore QB, Mattox, ran the offense well and looked good on his three throws two for scores. Perry’s defense needs some work. Nothing that’s not fixable. Hopefully the injury to one of the Perry lineman isn’t serious.

Last edited:
Both offenses looked good. The Panthers wore them down in the fourth. Similar to the game back in 18.
Perry has some nice backs. The sophomore QB, Mattox, ran the offense well and looked good on his three throws two for scores. Perry’s defense needs some work. Nothing that’s not fixable. Hopefully the injury to one of the Perry lineman isn’t serious.
No doubt Ed, good coaching and I liked how the clock was used . The pass defense must and will improve.

Both offenses looked good. The Panthers wore them down in the fourth. Similar to the game back in 18.
Not a bad start against a decent team.
They will fix those bugs for sure.

I think perry controlled the clock well and both backs 22 and 20 looked spectacular also think Perry upfront drained canton central as perry dominated the line for most of the game.. on a note for canton central I feel like their qb needs to get rid of the ball quicker he missed a lot of reads tonight

No doubt Ed, good coaching and I liked how the clock was used . The pass defense must and will improve.
Remember, Talkington is, I believe, a 3 year starter. He's one of the best QB's in the area.
And if the "O" continues to perform like it did in Week1 the Panthers' just may not need an overwhelming "D".
It's early, but it appears Perry will be a good ticket this season.