We should’ve saw this coming with Springfield

Has anyone checked the number of male students at the remaining schools. I know all qualified as Division 1 as far as number of male students,but how many students does St Eds, Moeller and other non public schools have. compaired to Springfield? All of Clark county won't add up to the number of students the non public schools have.. How many different zip code does Moeller, StEds Eggie, Elder St X have?

Moeller will beat the brakes off of Springfield if they beat Coffman.

still rooting for the Clark County team. absolutely impressive run so far. i think they can beat Coffman. i think Moeller would handle Springfield or any other team in D1 besides St Eds
Pretty sure everyone said this the last two years.

Lol we have heard this every year since the jamboree in 2019
cats, i’ve picked Springfield to win the past 2 years. happy to see Springfield or any public school beat a GCL team any chance they get, however i’m not sure Springfield can hang with Moeller this year. rooting for you guys this week, as i do every week come playoff time.

Love to see MASS!LL(0)N fan’s commenting on the Wildcats. With those outhouse paper championships i wonder how many times in the last 50 years they’ve made the state playoffs? Now they “were supposed to be all that” by those clueless voters. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oil filter and those other chest pounding posters need to understand the MAC is Ohio football now. They’ve won on the field championships. No one will match MSML coach Goodwin’s success with his league championships and state championships. MASS!L(0)N is has been. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

HS football on Ohio is in general decline. On top of that, it's a down year in D1. Half the teams still playing would've already turned in their gear in years past. Gotta adjust to the new reality, and that reality is increasing mediocrity. Being better than bad didn't used to be a flex. Apparently, it is now.

Has anyone checked the number of male students at the remaining schools. I know all qualified as Division 1 as far as number of male students,but how many students does St Eds, Moeller and other non public schools have. compaired to Springfield? All of Clark county won't add up to the number of students the non public schools have.. How many different zip code does Moeller, StEds Eggie, Elder St X have?
This information is readilyavailable on the OHSAA website. St ed's has an adjusted enrollment of 953. Moeller has 786. Springifled 793.
Visit https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Football/2023/2023DI.pdf
for the entire list.

HS football on Ohio is in general decline. On top of that, it's a down year in D1. Half the teams still playing would've already turned in their gear in years past. Gotta adjust to the new reality, and that reality is increasing mediocrity. Being better than bad didn't used to be a flex. Apparently, it is now.
OF, I may have to agree with you on this post...though it pains me :ROFLMAO:

We was told we were whining when said a bunch of players were hurt and not playing 🤷🏾‍♂️
That’s because that’s what everyone tells other teams when they try to explain their losses. Trust me, I’m sure Wildcat fans have told others no excuses when they tried to explain why their team wasn’t up to par.

OF, I may have to agree with you on this post...though it pains me :ROFLMAO:
Why do you agree with this? Do you feel games are less competitive or just think less players are going D1 than before? Serious question here. Because I think games are pretty competitive. And while Ohio doesn’t have prep schools as a magnet for talent there are still plenty of talented athletes going D1. I don’t care to look it up but I can’t imagine those numbers are down compared to prior years. Or maybe your local high school isn’t producing what it used to?

That’s because that’s what everyone tells other teams when they try to explain their losses. Trust me, I’m sure Wildcat fans have told others no excuses when they tried to explain why their team wasn’t up to par.
Not up to par? I beg to differ. SHS's team this year is rewriting the history books. It's worth mentioning all of their playoff games this year have been on the road.

Not up to par? I beg to differ. SHS's team this year is rewriting the history books. It's worth mentioning all of their playoff games this year have been on the road.
It’s actually not worth mentioning. All teams have played on the road the last two weeks. Springfield is clearly better than the teams they played on the road the first two rounds when they’re healthy. I’d actually argue that Hilliard is home field for Springfield. They’ve clearly owned the best that Columbus has had to offer the last two weeks on that turf.

I mean Wayne got to the state championship a few times. Springfield would’ve made it out of regions 3 and 4 easily the past few years with all due respect. Eds is the team that gives them issues though.
I disagree that Springfield would have made it out of R4 "easily' over the past few years. R4 is a gauntlet and generally there are a few hard matchups getting to the State Tournament compared to the other regions. It's by far the hardest region to run through for most sports.

Still rooting for them to beat Moeller next week.

As long as OHSAA keeps 16 teams in the playoffs, you will start to see this type of thing happen more and more. A team that's sole focus is a state title will use the regular season almost as practice to get ready for their real season, the playoffs.