W.O.A.C

Oh well. What about that is incorrect? I have learned that most on here are very sensitive. Nice win for Arcanum, who I think is a great program. So, does Tri Village win it all or what? Botkins is out there yet.

Oh well. What about that is incorrect? I have learned that most on here are very sensitive. Nice win for Arcanum, who I think is a great program. So, does Tri Village win it all or what? Botkins is out there yet.
Arcanum always has a pretty good team, and TV does have a shot to win it all I’ll be interested to see them when it’s a tight game and some pressure is put on them. Botkins has a nice team also I do think we will see that game again.

Arcanum always has a pretty good team, and TV does have a shot to win it all I’ll be interested to see them when it’s a tight game and some pressure is put on them. Botkins has a nice team also I do think we will see that game again.
That Botkins and TV game should be a war. I'd love to catch that one. Arcanum has always seemed to be very competitive. Franklin Monroe as well. If those two schools merged, they'd be a real issue for many schools to face. FM used to be a power in basketball. I had twin cousins that played there in the late 70's and they were really good.
The WOAC is turning out to be a very fine conference. TV, Shawnee, Arcanum are all very good programs in all sports.

Big Upset for TCN over Legacy Christian.
MV came out playing hard early vs Russia then turned out to be what we know. Newton slowed Bradfords transition down and forced outside shots.
I did here from some Bradford fans it was there first winning season since sometime in the 80s. Wanted to ask some people older than me on here if that was true.
Hopefully we can see some more WOAC wins this week goodluck to all teams
TV
TCN
Arcanum
PS
Newton
Ansonia
NT

Some updates....TV and FM both won last night and will play each other Friday night in the district-semi final championship (whatever it's called now). Arcanum and Ansonia both lost last night, so their seasons are over.
Trail and TCN both play tonight, but both have non favorable match-ups with Versailles and Catholic Central.
Newton vs Russia and Shawnee vs Mechanicsburg are both tomorrow night.
It'll be interesting to see who makes it into the weekend. Shawnee will likely win tomorrow and then will have a tough matchup with Meadowdale on Saturday...

Some updates....TV and FM both won last night and will play each other Friday night in the district-semi final championship (whatever it's called now). Arcanum and Ansonia both lost last night, so their seasons are over.
Trail and TCN both play tonight, but both have non favorable match-ups with Versailles and Catholic Central.
Newton vs Russia and Shawnee vs Mechanicsburg are both tomorrow night.
It'll be interesting to see who makes it into the weekend. Shawnee will likely win tomorrow and then will have a tough matchup with Meadowdale on Saturday...
Shawnee jumping in with Meadowdale was an interesting move by their coach. Will see Saturday if it works out well

Shawnee jumping in with Meadowdale was an interesting move by their coach. Will see Saturday if it works out well
From my understanding of how the tournament draw goes, Shawnee would have went into the bracket before Meadowdale, since they are a 2 seed and Meadowdale is the 3 seed. So in a sense, it would appear that Meadowdale jumped in with Shawnee..

From my understanding of how the tournament draw goes, Shawnee would have went into the bracket before Meadowdale, since they are a 2 seed and Meadowdale is the 3 seed. So in a sense, it would appear that Meadowdale jumped in with Shawnee..
Unless their coach took a pass, if that's still even allowed? I agree with you, likely Meadowdale saw something they liked in that path and went for it.

Three WOAC teams left and upcoming games
Franklin Monroe vs Tri-Village 2/25 7:00 PM
Preble Shawnee vs Meadowdale 2/26 5:30 PM

Three WOAC teams left and upcoming games
Franklin Monroe vs Tri-Village 2/25 7:00 PM
Preble Shawnee vs Meadowdale 2/26 5:30 PM
Been a great year for FM. One more win and they could really celebrate the season.

In 2015 they were in this district semifinal game and got blown out 95 - 42 (we mistakenly called it the sectional finals back then). I would expect TV could have very similar results tonight.

Girls District Finals match-ups today
Fayetteville-Perry vs Tri-Village @ Troy High School 11:00AM
East Clinton Vs Preble Shawnee @ Springfield High School 1:00PM
Fort Loramie vs Bradford @ Troy High School 3:00PM

Tri-Village girls and boys are the only teams left in the tournament

Tri-Village boys vs Fayetteville Perry Tuesday @ UD Arena, Time: 5:00 PM District Finals

Tri-Village girls vs Danville Thursday @ Vandalia Butler High School, Time: 6:00 PM Sweet 16

Last edited:
Thoughts on Preble...clearly have one of the states best players but no tournament success in his first two years. Plus the chance of winning a league championship next year is slim and you have the same tournament challenges. If you are Shrout do you stay and own the PS record books or do you leave to try to be a part of winning a District/Regional/State championship elsewhere?

Thoughts on Preble...clearly have one of the states best players but no tournament success in his first two years. Plus the chance of winning a league championship next year is slim and you have the same tournament challenges. If you are Shrout do you stay and own the PS record books or do you leave to try to be a part of winning a District/Regional/State championship elsewhere?
Good question. Next years supporting cast looks to be similiar to this years. I believe 3 starters return with 5 of the top 7 players total. Maybe Shrout does a little recruiting of his own, and brings help to Shawnee?

The fact that this is even a question is sad. Who would consider changing schools to get on a better team?

The fact that this is even a question is sad. Who would consider changing schools to get on a better team?
I'm not saying that this is a thought that Shrout is even considering, but it obviously happens all over the place with high school sports. I personally think Shrout stays put and there is enough talent at Shawnee that they will win a lot of games over the next 2 seasons, and even battle with TV for a league championship. I do think TV will be the favorites next year, but they should take at least a little step back after losing Sarver/Scantland. As for being in D3, it's always going to be a tough job to make a long tournament run...

I’ll bet he’s excited to get to play with his brother for the next two years.

I would fully expect him to stay put. He probably has changed AAU teams before and learned there is definitely a pecking order that needs and takes time to be established. Why put yourself through that when your at the top of your current program?

I would fully expect him to stay put. He probably has changed AAU teams before and learned there is definitely a pecking order that needs and takes time to be established. Why put yourself through that when your at the top of your current program?
And unless his family is willing to move why give up half of your junior season?

Snapchat-251628775.jpg