W.O.A.C

Couple gcl games tonight. TVS vs Badin. Shawnee vs Fenwick. Good games to get ready for the tourney. Badin and Fenwick have struggled this year but their schedules are tougher than the typical WOAC team.

Just noticed shawnee plays Monday.

Big game tonight with Bradford vs TVS. Looking at last nights scores I would think Bradford comes in with a decided edge in this one, but who knows, one night samples are difficult to predict from.

Is Davidson back at full strength?

Couple gcl games tonight. TVS vs Badin. Shawnee vs Fenwick. Good games to get ready for the tourney. Badin and Fenwick have struggled this year but their schedules are tougher than the typical WOAC team.

Just noticed shawnee plays Monday.
It should be two good games be nice if the WOAC could get both these games.

Big game tonight with Bradford vs TVS. Looking at last nights scores I would think Bradford comes in with a decided edge in this one, but who knows, one night samples are difficult to predict from.

Is Davidson back at full strength?
Davidson looked good. Slow start but ended up with 31. 3 others had double figures and a frosh off the bench added 8 pts and 7 rebounds.

Tri Village could very well win the state title. Impressive. Badin is somewhat down this year, but still this team plays lights out.
I agree with that. First game vs Botkins, Botkins controlled tempo and Tri Village never got the chance to "run wild" and really put the pressure on them. If Tri Village hits their threes and the defense has to extend to cover the perimeter I don't see anyone keeping up with them. That's a bunch of ifs, but if I had to pick the regional winner today, I would pick Tri Village hands down. But there is a reason we play the games, several teams could get close to them on an off night.

No offense but that’s a shame. Shrout and Davidson both more derserving IMO
I am fine with all three. Its hard to deny a dominate player on eaisly the best team though. Davidson and Shrout defintly would be worthy though. But when its close also give it to the senior. The others have a few more chances.

I am fine with all three. Its hard to deny a dominate player on eaisly the best team though. Davidson and Shrout defintly would be worthy though. But when its close also give it to the senior. The others have a few more chances.
He doesn’t have to work near as hard being on a better team. More of a two man race I thought.

Last edited:
I agree with that. First game vs Botkins, Botkins controlled tempo and Tri Village never got the chance to "run wild" and really put the pressure on them. If Tri Village hits their threes and the defense has to extend to cover the perimeter I don't see anyone keeping up with them. That's a bunch of ifs, but if I had to pick the regional winner today, I would pick Tri Village hands down. But there is a reason we play the games, several teams could get close to them on an off night.
I agree, the first botkins game was TV's lowest scoring game all year. The score at the end of regulation was 40-40. If I recall, Sarver when 3-17 from the field, I don't see him doing that again. I have TV over botkins if and when they play in regional finals.

I agree, the first botkins game was TV's lowest scoring game all year. The score at the end of regulation was 40-40. If I recall, Sarver when 3-17 from the field, I don't see him doing that again. I have TV over botkins if and when they play in regional finals.
When they play again I think TV will beat them by at least 10, they have been having a good run since that game, I think they will win state

On the girls side I was a little surprised POY went to Sagester a Jr over the Sr Miller of Bradford. Miller's numbers were 22.2 points, 3.5 assists, 8.5 reb, 4 steals. She also became school's all time leading scorer with over 1755 pts and counting. Sagester 16.5 pts, 4.2 assists,4.2 rebs, 2.3 steals.

Both great players and a hard call to make. Do you go by best player on best team, best stats, a Sr over a younger player? I'm sure all factors play a part.

On the girls side I was a little surprised POY went to Sagester a Jr over the Sr Miller of Bradford. Miller's numbers were 22.2 points, 3.5 assists, 8.5 reb, 4 steals. She also became school's all time leading scorer with over 1755 pts and counting. Sagester 16.5 pts, 4.2 assists,4.2 rebs, 2.3 steals.

Both great players and a hard call to make. Do you go by best player on best team, best stats, a Sr over a younger player? I'm sure all factors play a part.
Not sure how it gets voted I know coaches vote but I don’t think they look at stats cause if they did Miller would have won it. No one wants to vote against TV afraid they will hang 70 on them instead of 50 the next year.

Its really hard. I actually like when they go co player of the year some times. When it comes down to the final 2 or 3 its usually someone gets the short end of the stick. I think the tie breaker should always go to the kid on the more winning team.

Its really hard. I actually like when they go co player of the year some times. When it comes down to the final 2 or 3 its usually someone gets the short end of the stick. I think the tie breaker should always go to the kid on the more winning team.
i think it should be more like a MVP of NBA or NFL. Looked at more of the person who does the most for there team then imagine if they don’t have them. If TV didn’t have Sarver or Sagester they may not make the Tournament runs there about to but in our league they probably still win the league without each of them. If we’re just taking players they each are part of great programs they falls on the town some and expectations but that’s another debate. Take away Miller what’s Bradford girls do? Take away Davidson what’s Bradford do? Take away Shrout what’s PS do?