W.O.A.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer is still only Luke Kennard Shawnee doesn’t play in the SWBL any more. But the WOAC might put two D1 players up in 3 years with the kid from TV and Shrout. Not bad for a “weak” conference.
I forgot about zack denny of valley view. graduated around 2012. Went to bowling green

Mason Shrout picked up his first d1 offer from belmont. Other than Kennard who was the last swbl player to play d1 basketball?
Congrats to him. Belmont has been a great mid major for years. I got to know Coach Bird years ago . He did a great job when they were a top flight NAIA program as well as their transition to D 1

B
Answer is still only Luke Kennard Shawnee doesn’t play in the SWBL any more. But the WOAC might put two D1 players up in 3 years with the kid from TV and Shrout. Not bad for a “weak” conference.
Besides TV I wonder if anyone can even slow shroud down

It will be interesting to see what happens in the new league this year. Obviously TV and PS are probably the favorites, but there may be some other teams who may surprise some folks

B

Besides TV I wonder if anyone can even slow shroud down
I don’t think TV will slow him down, but think TV might win this year because they are deeper, after this year I like Shawnee’s chances to win back to back league championship’s. As for other teams you can have a game where you play bad and a team beats you but if Shawnee plays average they are beating most these teams. Dixie played us tough last year both times so I think they maybe a little under the radar here.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the new league this year. Obviously TV and PS are probably the favorites, but there may be some other teams who may surprise some folks
I won’t be surprised to see Newton,Bradford, or TVS around top 5 this year TVS and Bradford are both young teams and could surprise some people.

South has had some decent teams over the years but I can’t remember and just being around the conference if Bradford has ever even had a competitive team around .500 in the last 20+ years

South has had some decent teams over the years but I can’t remember and just being around the conference if Bradford has ever even had a competitive team around .500 in the last 20+ years
South won the conference in 2019, but has been down the past 2 years. They are young and I expect them to be much improved the next few years. Bradford has not been very competitive as of late, but I think that could change as well. FM, Newton, Arcanum and Dixie are a few of the other teams that I could see being towards the top of the rankings with TV and PS.

In d4, it is really really hard to slow the college guys down. Let him get his 25, but ensure everyone else is held way under their average is one approach.
Pretty much true, Shawnee does have some size with a 6’6 kid two kids at 6”4 plus another at 6’3, they will be on the floor together a lot I’m not other teams in this league can match that size.

South won the conference in 2019, but has been down the past 2 years. They are young and I expect them to be much improved the next few years. Bradford has not been very competitive as of late, but I think that could change as well. FM, Newton, Arcanum and Dixie are a few of the other teams that I could see being towards the top of the rankings with TV and PS.
I don’t think Arcanum lost much I know they return there best player FM lost two seniors who were a big part of there offense Newton lost a few seniors who played a lot but still have a good core returning not sure on Dixie have heard somethings on the Butt kid not sure but heard he carries them. From who made first team in conference who comes back top 5 players are
Sarver
Shrout
Goubeaux
Davidson
Scantland

also think more TV guys could all make 1st team

I've tried looking and can find no announcement of who the coach is. I did go to their MaxPreps page and listed in their staff it lists their head coach as Mike Lockhart. I know no details about that, or if that's even correct.
What about North are they still looking?

I've tried looking and can find no announcement of who the coach is. I did go to their MaxPreps page and listed in their staff it lists their head coach as Mike Lockhart. I know no details about that, or if that's even correct.
That is correct. His name is Mike Lockhart

I heard was there JV coach from last year who that is im not sure.
That one will hurt as I felt the MV coach was one of the better coaches in the conference. MV always seemed to be pretty competitive, even despite the fact that a lot of years they didn't seem to have much talent. I wonder if their previous coach moved on to somewhere else?

I
That one will hurt as I felt the MV coach was one of the better coaches in the conference. MV always seemed to be pretty competitive, even despite the fact that a lot of years they didn't seem to have much talent. I wonder if their previous coach moved on to somewhere else?
I think he retired. He was a excellent coach over there not sure on any incoming talent but what they have isn’t anything special coming in them and North will battle the bottom.

Not sure about anyone else’s schedule for this year but Shawnee is playing Stivers,Fenwick and Ponitz a little beef up never hurts.

Last edited:
Excited for the new league. Excited basketball is right around the corner is Sarver going to be good to go at the start of the season? They are a deep team so would be fine in the league without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.