W.O.A.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksFan937

This thread is to discuss the first ever season for the Western Ohio Athletic Conference. A conference made up of Ansonia, Arcanum, Bradford, Dixie, Franklin Monroe, Mississinawa Valley, National Trail, Newton, Preble Shawnee, Tri County North, Tri Village and Twin Valley South.

As we have been discussing on another thread. Tri Village and Preble Shawnee will be the front runners next year. Tri Village returns their entire team after a year where they went 25-1. Preble Shawnee is also coming into the new league with high expectations after winning the Buckeye division in the SWBL and returning Player of the Year Mason Shrout. The big news for Preble Shawnee is that they are now looking for a head coach.

Funny that the Shawnee coaches win the league and then get ran off.
Not really funny, me and you could’ve coached that team to a league title. They had the best two players on the court in every league game, they should’ve been let go last year there’s a reason they won’t get another job.

Not really funny, me and you could’ve coached that team to a league title. They had the best two players on the court in every league game, they should’ve been let go last year there’s a reason they won’t get another job.
They ran the guy off before the spitlers too. Be carefull what you wish for the next guy could be worse.

They ran the guy off before the spitlers too. Be carefull what you wish for the next guy could be worse.
Speaking of that, has anyone heard of any possible candidates for the Preble Shawnee job? I know it was odd timing as 4 of the 5 Preble County schools had openings this year, and Preble Shawnee is the last one looking to hire. That could cut into some of the candidates, but maybe the AD already had someone in mind...

Speaking of that, has anyone heard of any possible candidates for the Preble Shawnee job? I know it was odd timing as 4 of the 5 Preble County schools had openings this year, and Preble Shawnee is the last one looking to hire. That could cut into some of the candidates, but maybe the AD already had someone in mind...
35 people have put in for that job as of last Friday.

Spitlers resigned because both were told they are awful coaches, which they are Senior isn’t to bad not great, but Junior is god awful and clueless they would’ve kept there jobs if there big egos didn’t get hurt when they were told that.

Spitlers resigned because both were told they are awful coaches, which they are Senior isn’t to bad not great, but Junior is god awful and clueless they would’ve kept there jobs if there big egos didn’t get hurt when they were told that.
Why would the administration renew their contracts if they thought the two are so bad?

Why would the administration renew their contracts if they thought the two are so bad?
Maybe you should ask the AD who was going to ask for a non renewal, but that doesn’t mean the administration was going to get rid of them, again they did this to themselves. They are not great coaches but they believe they are, again not much coaching needs done when Singleton and Shrout are on the court,but Singleton will be playing at Miami-Hamilton next year. So he won’t be there they need to get a coach who can develop players not count on Singleton’s Shrout’s and Bates to keep coming around.

This thread is to discuss the first ever season for the Western Ohio Athletic Conference. A conference made up of Ansonia, Arcanum, Bradford, Dixie, Franklin Monroe, Mississinawa Valley, National Trail, Newton, Preble Shawnee, Tri County North, Tri Village and Twin Valley South.

As we have been discussing on another thread. Tri Village and Preble Shawnee will be the front runners next year. Tri Village returns their entire team after a year where they went 25-1. Preble Shawnee is also coming into the new league with high expectations after winning the Buckeye division in the SWBL and returning Player of the Year Mason Shrout. The big news for Preble Shawnee is that they are now looking for a head coach.
How does everyone thing the rest of the conference will be since these teams should be the top

How does everyone thing the rest of the conference will be since these teams should be the top
I'm going with Arcanum and Dixie as the next best 2 teams. Both of these teams played Shawnee to single digits last year and I am not sure that Shawnee will be better next year than last. Arcanum is always tough, and Dixie returns a lot of their team. After that I'm going with Ansonia, Franklin Monroe and Newton. I also think TVS will be much improved next year and will be more middle of the pack. Bradford is also a wildcard as they seem to be much improved and had a very nice Sophomore last year, and have a very good incoming Freshman guard. Bradford was actually beating Botkins at the half in their first tournament game... then Botkins went on a run that led to a state championship.

Heard about a basketball tournament tonight coming up this week in Versailles poultry days. 8 teams in it and two WOAC teams Tri-village and Bradford are in it. The other teams are
Versailles
Cedarville
Marion Local
Columbus Grove
Indian Lake
Houston
Not sure on when or other details but should be some good basketball played.

I know this is the new WOAC thread and a basketball thread but the CCC finished on top of one category the Bradford Softball team won state Sunday nice way to end the old conference. Congrats to them girls and that town. I’m sure that town was crazy yesterday!

I know this is the new WOAC thread and a basketball thread but the CCC finished on top of one category the Bradford Softball team won state Sunday nice way to end the old conference. Congrats to them girls and that town. I’m sure that town was crazy yesterday!
That was very awesome. Congrats to the Bradford softball team as they went on a very impressive run to finish the season.

Also, in track discussion there were some great individual successes from the CCC. I also believe all 3 of these guys played basketball at their listed high schools... Layne Sarver of Tri Village is a state champ in high jump. Dawson Hildebrand of Newton is a state champ in shotput. Jackson Shellhaas of Ansonia was runner up in the pole vault. There were also other CCC athletes that competed, but it's nice to have 3 boys place so high at the state meet.

And who are you? Some AAU who never even played. The Spitlers weren’t the greatest, but they sure as hell know more about the game than the AD. What is your coaching expertise and experience with the game of basketball?

That helps a community out so much, I remember when Tri-Village won it all in basketball and it helped whole community. Congrats to Bradford softball they were awesome to see.

And who are you? Some AAU who never even played. The Spitlers weren’t the greatest, but they sure as hell know more about the game than the AD. What is your coaching expertise and experience with the game of basketball?
And who are you, sorry it hurt your feelings hearing how bad they sucked, you must be one of those people that think because they won a SWBL coach of the year award they must be good, the best coach on that team will be playing basketball at Miami Hamilton next year. They should give that coach of the year award to him, bottom line is when it came down to coaching it was advantage other team, Junior the “Head Coach” needed daddy to hold his hand for everything, must be a reason not one single former or current player or parent came out and supported them when they resigned maybe they’ll do better with the next job that no school will give them including the one where they played. South had a job opening last year and didn’t even give them a look.

Just heard Versailles Poultry days shootout results
1st Tri Village
2nd Versailles
3rd Columbus Grove
4th Indian Lake
5th Bradford
6th Cedarville
7th Houston
8th Marion Local

And who are you, sorry it hurt your feelings hearing how bad they sucked, you must be one of those people that think because they won a SWBL coach of the year award they must be good, the best coach on that team will be playing basketball at Miami Hamilton next year. They should give that coach of the year award to him, bottom line is when it came down to coaching it was advantage other team, Junior the “Head Coach” needed daddy to hold his hand for everything, must be a reason not one single former or current player or parent came out and supported them when they resigned maybe they’ll do better with the next job that no school will give them including the one where they played. South had a job opening last year and didn’t even give them a look.
You addressed nothing I said.

You addressed nothing I said.
I’ll be coaching more than the Spitlers will be this year, how’s that for addressing what you said, you must be related to them or are them just stop talking about something you know nothing about again, show me one person sad to see them go beside family which obviously you are. Still laughing because they thought when they resigned people were going to be upset now they are the one’s crying because they will never get another coaching job.

I’ll be coaching more than the Spitlers will be this year, how’s that for addressing what you said, you must be related to them or are them just stop talking about something you know nothing about again, show me one person sad to see them go beside family which obviously you are. Still laughing because they thought when they resigned people were going to be upset now they are the one’s crying because they will never get another coaching job.
5th grade AAU doesn’t count. I’m just always shocked and disappointed in the number of people who like to anonymously take shots at coaches. 99/100 they know nothing about it, and the way you attacked them makes me think that’s the case again. Have you ever told them what you think to their face? Of course not.

5th grade AAU doesn’t count. I’m just always shocked and disappointed in the number of people who like to anonymously take shots at coaches. 99/100 they know nothing about it, and the way you attacked them makes me think that’s the case again. Have you ever told them what you think to their face? Of course not.
Attacking them I literally said Senior wasn’t a bad coach far from great but he’s old and sick and can’t put that much into the game anymore, he misses 8-10 games a year I’d say anything to there face and so did the AD and Junior cried and got his feelings hurt and resigned, it sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about again you’ve yet to tell me one person who’s going to miss them you act like you know so much about Shawnee basketball you should be able to come up with one person, Junior doesn’t cut it get over it and move on but you can’t it’s hard when it’s family I get it. I’m sure Junior is a good guy off the court but he’s not a good coach doesn’t want to put in any extra work ask those kids there offseason workout scheduled and the will tell you they don’t have one no camp’s hardly anything in a offseason but what do I know right.

Attacking them I literally said Senior wasn’t a bad coach far from great but he’s old and sick and can’t put that much into the game anymore, he misses 8-10 games a year I’d say anything to there face and so did the AD and Junior cried and got his feelings hurt and resigned, it sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about again you’ve yet to tell me one person who’s going to miss them you act like you know so much about Shawnee basketball you should be able to come up with one person, Junior doesn’t cut it get over it and move on but you can’t it’s hard when it’s family I get it. I’m sure Junior is a good guy off the court but he’s not a good coach doesn’t want to put in any extra work ask those kids there offseason workout scheduled and the will tell you they don’t have one no camp’s hardly anything in a offseason but what do I know right.
Punctuation. I’m not family, and I’m out.

Punctuation. I’m not family, and I’m out.
lol didn’t know my yappi post was getting graded. I can about bet who you are but I won’t call you out like that, Thanks for moving on so we can actually talk about kids and coaches who are actually going to be in this league.

Just heard Versailles Poultry days shootout results
1st Tri Village
2nd Versailles
3rd Columbus Grove
4th Indian Lake
5th Bradford
6th Cedarville
7th Houston
8th Marion Local
Heard TV dominated everyone but Versailles beat them by 12 twice, but Versailles should have a tough team as well this year bring most of there players back as well. TV they did play Bradford also and beat them by 20. Bradford got 5th cause the won the losers bracket. Interested to see if Bradford has a competitive team around the Davidson kid who made 1st team as a sophomore has a shot to go over 1,000 I think this year. Nice to see two WOAC teams playing some ball in early June against good competition at that some previous regional and state teams

Arrows new coach has been hired, Jake Turner was at Talawanda for two years and was a assistant at Hamilton before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.