W.O.A.C 2022-2023

Yes.......their JV team last year would not have won the Varsity league, but would have been very competitive. Looking at the top 2-5 from last year Bradford and PS have great players but not the team to beat TV, Arcanum lost too much and FM might be real bad. I don't think anyone else has enough coming back/up to challenge them.

Yes.......their JV team last year would not have won the Varsity league, but would have been very competitive. Looking at the top 2-5 from last year Bradford and PS have great players but not the team to beat TV, Arcanum lost too much and FM might be real bad. I don't think anyone else has enough coming back/up to challenge them.
I agree, Bradford and PS will be the top challengers, but TV has to still be the favorites. The gap that was there last year is much closer though, in my opinion. TV might not be quite as good, and PS/Bradford could be better...

I agree, Bradford and PS will be the top challengers, but TV has to still be the favorites. The gap that was there last year is much closer though, in my opinion. TV might not be quite as good, and PS/Bradford could be better...
Looking at Tri Villages JV last year, they had a couple big guys who would have been varsity starters on 90% of D4 teams. I would predict a runaway with the battle being for 2nd or 3rd.

Looking at Tri Villages JV last year, they had a couple big guys who would have been varsity starters on 90% of D4 teams. I would predict a runaway with the battle being for 2nd or 3rd.
You very well could be correct. Their JV team has been dominant in recent years.

TV and PS will fight it out. TV are the Champs until they're dethroned. But I will say PS is much improved from last season. Year 2 under Jake Tuner will be much different than year 1. As far as Bradford, Parker Davidson will average 28 PPG and they will still lose to TV and PS by 20+

TV and PS will fight it out. TV are the Champs until they're dethroned. But I will say PS is much improved from last season. Year 2 under Jake Tuner will be much different than year 1. As far as Bradford, Parker Davidson will average 28 PPG and they will still lose to TV and PS by 20+
I see many hurt feelings with this post. That Davidson kid can score, but you know the Bradford kids didn’t play football so they could focus on basketball, I’m interested to see how it plays out for them.

Shrout is a stud! That said, why do you see them being better this year after losing Adams? The games I saw he was a factor with pretty good skill and size. Didn't see anyone else that could step into that role

Shrout is a stud! That said, why do you see them being better this year after losing Adams? The games I saw he was a factor with pretty good skill and size. Didn't see anyone else that could step into that role
In the old WOAC thread everyone said Adam’s wasn’t good? Which is it? Last year I can honestly say TV was in thier head. This year that’s not the case. Like I said, TV are the champs until dethroned. But my money is on Shawnee this year

In the old WOAC thread everyone said Adam’s wasn’t good? Which is it? Last year I can honestly say TV was in thier head. This year that’s not the case. Like I said, TV are the champs until dethroned. But my money is on Shawnee this year
Not sure why. Big, physical kid with some pretty nice skill.

Can you share why TV isn't in their head now after beating them by 28 last year? Is it because Sarver graduated?

I look for shawnee to be 4-5 points better this year. Mainly because Shrout is a year older and more physical. The supporting cast will be alot like last year. Campbell, blankenship, Roell, Hawley will be a year better. I see TV still winning by 10 pts or so.

I look for shawnee to be 4-5 points better this year. Mainly because Shrout is a year older and more physical. The supporting cast will be alot like last year. Campbell, blankenship, Roell, Hawley will be a year better. I see TV still winning by 10 pts or so.
So you see TV being 15 or so points worse this year? Not a gotcha question, just asking if you see what they lost to graduation impacting them that much to bring them back closer to PS.

I see many hurt feelings with this post. That Davidson kid can score, but you know the Bradford kids didn’t play football so they could focus on basketball, I’m interested to see how it plays out for them.
I think Bradford will be better this year. They were starting 2 frosh, 2 soph and 1 jr at the end of the year. With Davidson's ankle issues I don't think he wanted to risk an injury in football. Another starter has a medical issue and he can't play football anymore. Does Shrout play football? In no, why not? He'd be such a great height mismatch at a TE/WR against anyone they play especially the D6 and D7 teams. Just throw jump balls to him. Would be a great weapon.

I think Bradford will be better this year. They were starting 2 frosh, 2 soph and 1 jr at the end of the year. With Davidson's ankle issues I don't think he wanted to risk an injury in football. Another starter has a medical issue and he can't play football anymore. Does Shrout play football? In no, why not? He'd be such a great height mismatch at a TE/WR against anyone they play especially the D6 and D7 teams. Just throw jump balls to him. Would be a great weapon.
Shrout doesn’t play football never has believe he plays basketball most of the year all over the country. Him and Hawley are the only two basketball players that don’t play football that I can think of. There might be another one or two that doesn’t.

Really bad take in my opinion. Maybe if you are talking about short-term success (like PS probably will see), but long-term, continued success over many years is not the result of being somewhere at the right time.
What do you call "success". Shawnee has PLENTY of SWBL banners in the gym...AND lots of 18-20 win seasons

Really bad take in my opinion. Maybe if you are talking about short-term success (like PS probably will see), but long-term, continued success over many years is not the result of being somewhere at the right time.
😂 Shawnee has plenty of successful seasons with different HC good and bad. I get sick of the great coach can make bad players good takes on here it’s just not true. It’s the reason Coach Sags is always looking for kids from different schools to invite to “BBQ’s” at his house to “talk some basketball”.

😂 Shawnee has plenty of successful seasons with different HC good and bad. I get sick of the great coach can make bad players good takes on here it’s just not true. It’s the reason Coach Sags is always looking for kids from different schools to invite to “BBQ’s” at his house to “talk some basketball”.
Listing them all would be too much but Versailles is one that comes to mind quickly as far as programs that have been built and sustained and have nothing to do with the right time. Many small school programs change coaches and continue on with success. I would agree that PS success on a District level, if they have some the next two years, will be due to right place right time.

Listing them all would be too much but Versailles is one that comes to mind quickly as far as programs that have been built and sustained and have nothing to do with the right time. Many small school programs change coaches and continue on with success. I would agree that PS success on a District level, if they have some the next two years, will be due to right place right time.
Versailles has a good program no doubt but make no mistake they have had some very good players to get them to that point. There’s no doubt a good coach can do more with a good team I won’t say you’re wrong there but a great coach isn’t taking a bad team and making them good maybe better than they were but still not good.

Ill be interested in how much "worse" Versailles in after Stonebreaker is gone. Same with Shrout at PS..obviously the best players on team, but can these coaches still have level of success is where I think you're going with that question.

Versailles has a good program no doubt but make no mistake they have had some very good players to get them to that point. There’s no doubt a good coach can do more with a good team I won’t say you’re wrong there but a great coach isn’t taking a bad team and making them good maybe better than they were but still not good.
Definitely have had good players, and continue to produce good players because of the program. A coach there at the right time would win for a couple years bc of what they have built, but if he isn't a great coach he won't be able to sustain it.

@WOACDADDY Swank became head coach in 2017 and they have been good long before he came and, if they hire a good coach, will continue to be good. They have had great players (Shardo/Gehle/Ahrens) through the years but even when they don't they are a perennial district contender. And all those kids, as far as I know, are Versailles kids developed in their program.

Definitely have had good players, and continue to produce good players because of the program. A coach there at the right time would win for a couple years bc of what they have built, but if he isn't a great coach he won't be able to sustain it.

@WOACDADDY Swank became head coach in 2017 and they have been good long before he came and, if they hire a good coach, will continue to be good. They have had great players (Shardo/Gehle/Ahrens) through the years but even when they don't they are a perennial district contender. And all those kids, as far as I know, are Versailles kids developed in their program.
I'm a BIG fan of the MAC and MAC schools. You'll rarely see me say a bad word word any school in up that way. But why do you think they have so much success? I mean across the board? Because they never leave! I would say 95% of every kids that plays MAC sports parents and parent parents played for a MAC school. Those Catholic areas are a rare bread. I cant think of another area (especially in the south) where small town football is like that. I honestly love it. If I could afford a farm in Mercer county, Id live there.

But as Far as the Ahrens boys, The one that played for Michigan State was way more impressive to me than the one that played at Ohio State. Shardo was also a great player. 2006-07 seems like a lifetime ago lol