Veteran's microphone cut off when he discusses Blacks' role in establishing Memorial Day

hubman

"HUDSON — What at first blush appeared to be a short audio malfunction at Monday's Memorial Day ceremony in Markillie Cemetery turned out to be anything but.

A ceremony organizer turned off the microphone when the event's keynote speaker, retired Army Lt. Col. Barnard Kemter, began sharing a story about freed Black slaves honoring deceased soldiers shortly after the end of the Civil War."

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Hub. What a disgrace! Those two organizers need to be ashamed of themselves. They have disgraced themselves and their organization and need to be removed as officers.

I had never heard that story before and enjoyed being edified. I am glad that the crowd did get to hear the full story despite the efforts to stifle it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Hub. What a disgrace! Those two organizers need to be ashamed of themselves. They have disgraced themselves and their organization and need to be removed as officers.

I had never heard that story before and enjoyed being edified. I am glad that the crowd did get to hear the full story despite the efforts to stifle it.
The Memorial day beginnings was a story I was just made aware of a couple of years ago myself. As for the individuals that tried to mute this story, their actions have caused just the opposite. The local Beacon Journal article has been picked up by several national publications, as one of the commenters on the Washington Post noted, they tried to keep 300 people in Ohio from hearing, but instead, thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands will now hear it.

I admit i am mystified as to why they cut him off, it was completely on topic.
The answer from the organizers is inadequate, responses to the incident ;are a Rorschach test of ones own biases.

Big deal.
Forrest Gump had his audio cut as well while in DC speaking of Vietnam, its a whole nother countray.