Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Same Night, Same Location

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
This Friday I will get to see my first time a Girls Varsity play before the Boys Varsity. What does everyone think of this setup?

The NLL in Northwest Ohio has been doing this for quite a few years, mostly in January each season. Does not appear like it will be continuing though after this season when the league expands

I’ve seen schools do Double Features on Saturdays

JV Girls
JV Boys
V Girls
V Boys

It’s been a good time and good for both teams when I’ve seen it done; make it a big deal

On 1/17 there was a girls/boys double header hosted by Central Crossing vs Grove City. The girls game had the usual small crowd until the fourth quarter when the students started arriving for the boys game which resulted in a packed house.

I know it makes for a long night if you are a fan. I can see where the girls wouldn't like it when 90% of the crowd is there to see the boys.

I am often asked why OCC boys and girls play on the same night at opposite venues. I don't think it has any affect on attendance in the OCC. In smaller towns it would definitely affect attendance as you have support for the school no matter who is playing.

I know it makes for a long night if you are a fan. I can see where the girls wouldn't like it when 90% of the crowd is there to see the boys.

I am often asked why OCC boys and girls play on the same night at opposite venues. I don't think it has any affect on attendance in the OCC. In smaller towns it would definitely affect attendance as you have support for the school no matter who is playing.
I may not be much of a difference, but I'm sure families with a son and a daughter both playing would prefer they not have to pick a child or divide and conquer

The girls don't like it. They feel like they are the JV game for the boys.
In my experience the girls teams have loved it. Brings a bigger crowd for them and the boys team may not regularly attend their other games so it gives them a chance to play in front of more of their peers.

Also who says the girls have to play first every time? Can be a rotating basis, one Friday the boys play first and the next Friday the girls play first.