Vanlue Football out of BVC per Courier

Make the current D7 8 man only. Ask every team currently in D7 if they would like to stay in and play 8 man, or move up to D6 and play 11 man. May be a few surprises once the dust settles, especially teams that are barely holding on, like Vanlue.
If you then redistribute a roughly equal number of teams among the divisions - including making D1 the same size as the rest - I’d be all for this.

Definitely not always true. I understand Holgate is still having numbers issues to the point they couldn't even play 8 man in 2021, but after going undefeated in 2019, everyone in town pretty much said in no uncertain terms they'd rather be competitive in 8 man than go back to 2-3 win seasons like before. It was the biggest reason they left the GMC completely.

For every Stritch or New London that uses it as a way to build the numbers and program back up, you're going to have a Holgate, Toledo Christian, or Stryker that either realizes it's their best bet to keep football, or that they're better served letting their kids actually compete rather than get their brains beat in.

Now I don't expect many leagues to go as a group. For example, leagues like the NWC or GMC that are predominantly D6 or D7 will never do that....they have too many solid programs with good numbers who compete. But if you're a league like the NWCC or the TAAC, as more teams consider it....why not? It may be the path to survival.
The NWCC is just fine, but many thanks to everyone who seems to have our best interest in mind.

Worthington Christian will now be traveling to Arlington on 9/15.

Hopefully the Worthington Christian fans realize where this game is being played!
ditto for Grandview Heights going to Arcadia. i don’t think those west siders could name any town north of Delaware.

I'd be surprised if anyone living in Franklin County knows of any town north of Polaris.
When you’re watching a legendary Game One of the Stanley Cup Finals and it gets nuked off the air because NBC4 can’t/won’t split-screen coverage of a tornado warning with the game, you learn where the village of Green Camp is.

When you’re watching a legendary Game One of the Stanley Cup Finals and it gets nuked off the air because NBC4 can’t/won’t split-screen coverage of a tornado warning with the game, you learn where the village of Green Camp is.
I may have heard of Green Camp. Somewhere in Marion County, no?

While looking for a job in Central OH decades ago, it was amazing how many HR people had to ask where Ohio Wesleyan U. was located plus the follow-up question of, "where is Delaware?"

Ironically, I saw a poster in a HS years later advising kids not to take name recognition into account when choosing their college.

I may have heard of Green Camp. Somewhere in Marion County, no?

While looking for a job in Central OH decades ago, it was amazing how many HR people had to ask where Ohio Wesleyan U. was located plus the follow-up question of, "where is Delaware?"

Ironically, I saw a poster in a HS years later advising kids not to take name recognition into account when choosing their college.
It is in Marion County. By Prospect. With neither being the OHSAA location identifier of a school, I generally have to look it up. Until that fateful June 12th when it was on the TV for what felt like forever.

Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, 3OT was the game in question.

Something to keep in mind... I've just been informed that 2023 will mark 100 years of Vanlue football. Could they just try for one more year, and then go to 8 man for 2024?

Not saying I agree with it, just something to put in the back of your head.

Something to keep in mind... I've just been informed that 2023 will mark 100 years of Vanlue football. Could they just try for one more year, and then go to 8 man for 2024?

Not saying I agree with it, just something to put in the back of your head.
They will 100% try, they will try everything they can to play 11 man for as long as possible. That is what they do at Vanlue. I’m not saying it’s right, it makes complete sense to play 8 man, but the people at Vanlue don’t care what anyone else thinks.

When I was in high school, we used two ordinary cars to get to tennis matches, usually the coach drove with 3 players and another player drove 3 players, since the varsity team only consists of 7 guys.

So how long till Arcadia doesn’t enjoy the basement and being beat like a drum every Friday while only having 15-18 kids on the team.