Van Slooten to IMG Academy

You quoted my post but I don't see how you're refering to it. Care to connect the dots for me?
The "small pond big fish, wondering where the offers are coming from if a normal person watches" comment. I'm just suggesting that most college (especially major D1's) scouts are probably not coming to her games in December and January when they are in season. They're going to see her during the summer with Sports City U.

I don't have the answers because it's not our business. Anyone who knows the kid and family would know that they aren't "huge gamble" types and they'd have reasons whether you agree with them or not.

The "small pond big fish, wondering where the offers are coming from if a normal person watches" comment. I'm just suggesting that most college (especially major D1's) scouts are probably not coming to her games in December and January when they are in season. They're going to see her during the summer with Sports City U.

They actually go to both but you def would get seen more/by a wider variety in summer ball.

I don't have the answers because it's not our business.
Wait? What? We can't comment about something that is ruining prep sports? Maybe stay away from personal insults on this family but IMG Academy is fair game. If they can't handle the heat, stop playing the game.

Oh you can speak on IMG all you want... no issues there lol... just took issue with people who clearly don't know the kid or family making generalized statements that aren't true.

I don't have the answers because it's not our business. Anyone who knows the kid and family would know that they aren't "huge gamble" types

you mean like dabbling in stocks or something like that. ;)

Any major change in life is a "gamble." Most, surely many would consider sending a high school kid across country to school a "gamble." I think that's all anyone meant by it.

On some level, yes.. not close or anything but I know enough to know the stuff being said here is out of line.

East, really? That's how this is gonna go? lol smh :)

It's not a gamble for her being able to play. If you've seen SportsCity U, she can play with anyone and has proved that for years on the AAU circuit. The truth is that studs always want to play with other studs. An AAU teammate of hers is already there. That teammate has an offer and I think committed to Harvard. Also, assuming the money works out (good assumption) would you rather spend your senior year at a state of the art facility in Bradenton or in Toledo?

On some level, yes.. not close or anything but I know enough to know the stuff being said here is out of line.

Respectfully, you either know them or you don't. Hedging with an answer like that tells us that you don't.

McGal really? That's how this is gonna go? lol smh :D

So you know them but you dont know them but that's enough even though it's less than nearly everyone else commenting. Sounds like you're guilty of the exact behavior you were accusing others (not me). Say what you mean and stop being obtuse and vague. Now what exactly is your problem with my post?

It's not less than anyone else commenting, that's my point. They aren't close friends but I know enough to know that you all are out of line for playing keyboard warriors and calling out their character/decision-making. I haven't been unclear or vague. They made the decision they feel is right for THEIR kid. You'd think you Toledo folks would be happy that the region is weaker for the rest of your teams *insert clear eye roll here*

It's not less than anyone else commenting, that's my point. They aren't close friends but I know enough to know that you all are out of line for playing keyboard warriors and calling out their character/decision-making. I haven't been unclear or vague. They made the decision they feel is right for THEIR kid. You'd think you Toledo folks would be happy that the region is weaker for the rest of your teams *insert clear eye roll here*

Careful with your "you alls." And you don't know who here knows them and who doesn't know them. For that matter, THEY don't know who here knows them and who doesn't know them, lol. We're pretty clear that YOU don't know them. :D

You just contradicted yourself..... but keep on looking foolish. All I said is it's nobody's business here why they made the choice they did. Keep thinking that you have a right to know keyboard warrior... you're unreal.

You just contradicted yourself..... but keep on looking foolish. All I said is it's nobody's business here why they made the choice they did. Keep thinking that you have a right to know keyboard warrior... you're unreal.
Someone with a brain cell accusing another of contradicting themselves, would point out the contradiction. You didn't. What conclusion can we make from this folks? You realize being called "foolish" by someone in the process of making a fool of themselves doesn't really sting, right?

The rest of us were just having an intelligent, congenial conversation and speculating. We were self-regulating just fine in the way intelligent people do. Nothing that most would elevate to "keyboard" warrior."

You're the one came on here acting tough an all, with your name calling and "I know" that you don't know and "you all" accusations. You got something beyond the keyboard you want to bring to the table? Is that what you're trying to intimate? Gonna rough us up? Maybe you could try being considerate and apologize for misrepresenting what was being said here? Barring having the guts to do that, maybe take another wise option and slink away, leave others to their speculations?

While you're slinking, why don't you see if you slide across a single post from me where I was judgemental on the decision made by these folks. Because apparently "we all" were. ;)