Vamps top teams SWO week 2

vamp2syd

Finally, we get a week under the belt.... These are the teams I've seen in the Miami Valley Area to date:

Loveland, Vandalia-Butler, Anderson, Sycamore, Middletown, St. Xavier, SF Northeastern, Kenton Ridge, Hamilton, Springfield, Princeton, Northmont, Winton Woods, Wayne, Colerain, Lakota West, LaSalle, Trotwood, Oak Hills, Walnut Hills, and Moeller.

My personal ratings are based on teams from the Cincinnati and Miami Valley Area including all teams from the SCOL, NWCC, WBL, and the MAC.

Gimme some input!!!!!

ALL DIVISIONS top 15

01 Moeller 1-0
02 St. Xavier 1-0
03 Colerain 1-0
04 Middletown 0-1
05 Elder 1-0
06 Trotwood 0-1
07 Wayne 1-0
08 Centerville 0-1
09 Sycamore 1-0
10 Northmont 1-0
11 Lakota West 1-0
12 Lakota East 1-0
13 Coldwater 1-0
14 Alter 1-0
15 Springboro 1-0

D2

01 Trotwood
02 Turpin 1-0
03 Winton Woods 0-1
04 Kings 0-1
05 Mt. Healthy 1-0
06 Franklin 1-0
07 Wapakoneta 1-0
08 Anderson 0-1

D3/4

01 Alter
02 CJ 1-0
03 Clinton Massie 1-0
04 Marshall 1-0
05 Badin 1-0
06 Ottawa Glandorf 1-0
07 Springfield Shawnee 1-0
08 Elida 1-0
09 Fenwick 1-0
10 Milton-Union 1-0

D5/6

01 Coldwater
02 Minster 1-0
03 DSJ 0-1
04 Marion Local 1-0
05 Covington 1-0
06 Anna 1-0
07 West Liberty Salem 1-0
08 St. Henry 1-0
09 Versailles 0-1
10 Springfield CC 0-1

Thoughts?

I would put Colerain in front of St. X but not Moeller. Vamp you must had been impressed with Winton Woods because you ranked them higher than you had them in week one, and Winton Woods loss. If you actually saw all those ballclubs why is Wayne not in your D1 top 5? They would be in mine at this moment.

Specific thoughts on my Aves, vamp? I might have them up a spot, ahead of Centerville. Also, I thought Trotwood looked really bad this past weekend. Can't imagine they could beat well-coached D1 teams this season, but we'll see when they play some GWOC crossover games.

I would put Colerain in front of St. X but not Moeller. Vamp you must had been impressed with Winton Woods because you ranked them higher than you had them in week one, and Winton Woods loss. If you actually saw all those ballclubs why is Wayne not in your D1 top 5? They would be in mine at this moment.

I did not feel that Colerain's defense is as strong as they usually are. Pick-Central lost a ton from last years team so the win was not as impressive as it would of been last year.... As for St.Xavier, man, what has happened to their defense??? I could not see dropping them more than one spot after defeating Middletown. Moeller's win was impressive enough to move them up to the #1 spot.

I was impressed with Winton Woods, they were more physical and the lines were stronger that I thought they would of been. The passing game was impressive which I was not expecting and the secondary for the most part held their own. Oh, I did see all of those ballparks, of course not all in person but some of them on tape. Wayne is not in my top 5 at this point as I felt the other teams were more impressive minus Trotwood but I tend to think that University would make lots of teams not look good. Trotwood's defense is the real thing and I will keep them ahead of Wayne unless they lose to Wayne in week 3.

Specific thoughts on my Aves, vamp? I might have them up a spot, ahead of Centerville. Also, I thought Trotwood looked really bad this past weekend. Can't imagine they could beat well-coached D1 teams this season, but we'll see when they play some GWOC crossover games.

I was really impressed with Sycamore's QB and the defense looked very strong. I am going to the Centerville game this week so I'll have a good sense of them. Centerville in passed years have dominated Sycamore in scrimmage. We will see how the Ave's do in week 5.

University School is VERY good. Trotwood is solid on defense and the offense is a work in progress. This might be the only loss Trotwood has during the season and the playoffs but I am hoping they slip up in week 3.

Finally, we get a week under the belt.... These are the teams I've seen in the Miami Valley Area to date:

Loveland, Vandalia-Butler, Anderson, Sycamore, Middletown, St. Xavier, SF Northeastern, Kenton Ridge, Hamilton, Springfield, Princeton, Northmont, Winton Woods, Wayne, Colerain, Lakota West, LaSalle, Trotwood, Oak Hills, Walnut Hills, and Moeller.

My personal ratings are based on teams from the Cincinnati and Miami Valley Area including all teams from the SCOL, NWCC, WBL, and the MAC.

Gimme some input!!!!!

ALL DIVISIONS top 15

01 Moeller 1-0
02 St. Xavier 1-0
03 Colerain 1-0
04 Middletown 0-1
05 Elder 1-0
06 Trotwood 0-1
07 Wayne 1-0
08 Centerville 0-1
09 Sycamore 1-0
10 Northmont 1-0
11 Lakota West 1-0
12 Lakota East 1-0
13 Coldwater 1-0
14 Alter 1-0
15 Springboro 1-0

Thoughts?
Looks great. I would add that Lebanon could slide in there between 12 and 15.

I did not feel that Colerain's defense is as strong as they usually are. Pick-Central lost a ton from last years team so the win was not as impressive as it would of been last year.... As for St.Xavier, man, what has happened to their defense??? I could not see dropping them more than one spot after defeating Middletown. Moeller's win was impressive enough to move them up to the #1 spot.

I was impressed with Winton Woods, they were more physical and the lines were stronger that I thought they would of been. The passing game was impressive which I was not expecting and the secondary for the most part held their own. Oh, I did see all of those ballparks, of course not all in person but some of them on tape. Wayne is not in my top 5 at this point as I felt the other teams were more impressive minus Trotwood but I tend to think that University would make lots of teams not look good. Trotwood's defense is the real thing and I will keep them ahead of Wayne unless they lose to Wayne in week 3.

I was able to attend 5 games and watched two on television and what I took away was its still too early to to tell who is good. One thing about St. X is that they don't have a "guy". "Guy" is a player capable of busting an 80 TD at any given moment. There "guy" might be Kilgore. And I think I actually saw more bad teams than good ones. Princeton, Hamilton, Anderson, I thought were really bad.

I agree that Trotwood can still be very good, their coach just has some actual work to do. And I think Wayne needs to attack a little more on defense. It seemed like they were playing on their heels against WW and WW was capable of breaking a long play at any given moment. I do think that Wayne was better than St. X, Middletown, Northmont and Sycamore.

Vamps...I don't think you can have Elder & Centerville both in the top 8. Either Elder is really really good, or Centerville is really bad, but they are not both near the top.

Vamps...I don't think you can have Elder & Centerville both in the top 8. Either Elder is really really good, or Centerville is really bad, but they are not both near the top.

I disagree. Southwest Ohio has some great teams year in and out but once you get outside the top 4 or 5, the rest of the teams are all pretty much the same, in the middle of the pack. Teams 6-10 are usually good teams but nothing special. I think Centerville is a good team and Elder is a good team at this point. Like last season, Elder was probably one of the top 15 teams in SWO but they finished 2-8. I just don't think top 8 means you have to be some spectacular team. Teams 6, 7, 8 are just above average usually.

D3/4

01 Clinton Massie 1-0
02 CJ 1-0
03 Alter 1-0
04 Marshall 1-0
05 Ottawa Glandorf 1-0
06 Springfield Shawnee 1-0
07 Milton-Union 1-0
08 Badin 1-0
09 Fenwick 1-0
10 Waynesville 1-0

D5/6

01 Coldwater
02 Minster 1-0
03 Marion Local 1-0
04 DSJ 0-1
05 West Liberty Salem 1-0
06 Anna 1-0
07 Covington 1-0
08 St. Henry 1-0
09 Versailles 0-1
10 Bradford 1-0

I'm sticking with my Bradford pick. The Roaders are lead by Coach Curtis Enis and they are much tougher than most give credit for. Elida is NE Ohio. No way they are SW Ohio. They are up by Findlay.

D3/4

01 Clinton Massie 1-0
02 CJ 1-0
03 Alter 1-0
04 Marshall 1-0
05 Ottawa Glandorf 1-0
06 Springfield Shawnee 1-0
07 Milton-Union 1-0
08 Badin 1-0
09 Fenwick 1-0
10 Waynesville 1-0

D5/6

01 Coldwater
02 Minster 1-0
03 Marion Local 1-0
04 DSJ 0-1
05 West Liberty Salem 1-0
06 Anna 1-0
07 Covington 1-0
08 St. Henry 1-0
09 Versailles 0-1
10 Bradford 1-0

I'm sticking with my Bradford pick. The Roaders are lead by Coach Curtis Enis and they are much tougher than most give credit for. Elida is NE Ohio. No way they are SW Ohio. They are up by Findlay.

I'm still watching Bradford but they play 10 CCC games so only a few teams I would consider good in that league will give me any sort of gauge. I don't like to split leagues in my ratings so that is why I include Elida (WBL) as well as DSJ (MAC) in my ratings.

Ahh, well in that case...put Elida towards the top. The Dogs are very, very good. Bradford will get tested by Covington, Bethel, and TCN

I was able to attend 5 games and watched two on television and what I took away was its still too early to to tell who is good. One thing about St. X is that they don't have a "guy". "Guy" is a player capable of busting an 80 TD at any given moment. There "guy" might be Kilgore. And I think I actually saw more bad teams than good ones. Princeton, Hamilton, Anderson, I thought were really bad.

I agree that Trotwood can still be very good, their coach just has some actual work to do. And I think Wayne needs to attack a little more on defense. It seemed like they were playing on their heels against WW and WW was capable of breaking a long play at any given moment. I do think that Wayne was better than St. X, Middletown, Northmont and Sycamore.

If you're looking at St. X as having a 'Guy' like Jalin, you're right. St. X is loaded with 80yd capable players - Kilgore (when healthy), CJ, Frey, Milligan, Glines. We don't need one 'Guy'. Matter of fact, all of these that played, scored Friday.

If you're looking at St. X as having a 'Guy' like Jalin, you're right. St. X is loaded with 80yd capable players - Kilgore (when healthy), CJ, Frey, Milligan, Glines. We don't need one 'Guy'. Matter of fact, all of these that played, scored Friday.

Add up the career number of TDs that are 60 + yards for all those X guys that you listed then compare it to the number of 60+ yard TDs Jalin Marshall has had in his career.. I doubt all those X guys added up have more Jalin has... sure those X guys can possibly break big TDs but they aren't doing it every game... they're very good skill players but non are close to the type of game-breaker Jalin Marshall is.

Add up the career number of TDs that are 60 + yards for all those X guys that you listed then compare it to the number of 60+ yard TDs Jalin Marshall has had in his career.. I doubt all those X guys added up have more Jalin has... sure those X guys can possibly break big TDs but they aren't doing it every game... they're very good skill players but non are close to the type of game-breaker Jalin Marshall is.

AGREED. No one has anyone like Jalin on their team. I was rebutting that Magicman said St. X doesn't have a guy 'capable' of breaking a long one. We have several. Chill thyself out. Go sit in the king for a day chair on top of that firetruck. That'll make you feel better.

I am not suggesting St. X doesn't have quality football players but it did appear to me that anyone on the offense was not going to outrun anybody. In comparison Middletown had multiple players capable of taking it to the house. Multiple times St. X got loose in the open field, ran hard but did not smoke anybody. As impressive as the QBs late scamper was he wasn't burning downfield. Even #28 got into the open field on a couple of screen passes but didn't take it to the house. St. X got it done with good blocking at the line of scrimmage and downfield. My opinion is not a knock on X, because Kilgore might be that "guy.

Last edited:
I was really impressed with Sycamore's QB and the defense looked very strong. I am going to the Centerville game this week so I'll have a good sense of them. Centerville in passed years have dominated Sycamore in scrimmage. We will see how the Ave's do in week 5.

University School is VERY good. Trotwood is solid on defense and the offense is a work in progress. This might be the only loss Trotwood has during the season and the playoffs but I am hoping they slip up in week 3.

Vamps, I wonder which side you'll be sitting on? :laugh: