Valley view looking for a new coach

Random Question for those of you in the VV Community. In your opinion, do you think the 2 BOE Members that will be up for re-election in 2 years will be voted on again, or do they get the boot as well?

It just seemed odd that 1 of the 2 I believe was brought up when all of this went down originally. Also, it stuck out to me that they both voted No on anything to do with the resolution to search for a new HC AND are the only carry over members from the previous board.

I knew 90% of what you posted prior to any post I made. I clearly stated that I thought Keating and Stidham got a raw deal and I thought Skidmore was right to resign in support of his guys. Bottom line, the superintendent and the board members are the villains in this story. I know nothing about Moyer personally, but people I know that know him, have nothing but good things to say about him. Seeking retribution against him for what happened to Skidmore and his staff is the wrong approach and a bad look in my opinion. In fairness, I am not a VV insider. I am simply someone who lives in a neighboring area who has known many players and coaches in the program and has followed them for the last 30 years in appreciation of their success and the program they've built. I think this simply adds to an already ugly scar on what is otherwise an exemplary program. I hope for the sake of the kids and the community, the program can get past what is essentially a pissing match between so few members of the community.
What if I told you Moyer was warned ? Meaning
Random Question for those of you in the VV Community. In your opinion, do you think the 2 BOE Members that will be up for re-election in 2 years will be voted on again, or do they get the boot as well?

It just seemed odd that 1 of the 2 I believe was brought up when all of this went down originally. Also, it stuck out to me that they both voted No on anything to do with the resolution to search for a new HC AND are the only carry over members from the previous board.
those 2 that are left aren’t up for re election till next time … they won’t be back , I’d bet a years salary on that . Some are hopeful now that they don’t have the majority that they’ll just resign and move on .
They are in with the Superintendent , not the community and most importantly they haven’t done what’s in the best interest of the kids . That’s the opinion I’ve gotten anyway .

What if I told you Moyer was warned ?
Fair enough, but when does it stop? 3 head coaches in 3 years is not good for the kids. It's not good for the program. Stability is a key factor in anyone's success in any field. Like I said, personally for the players sake, I hope it works out for the best and this will finally resolve what is the equivalent of a football soap opera. My dad always said, be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it. This all really only ends one of two ways. One VV gets back on track. Two VV spends the next decade trying to get back on track.

Fair enough, but when does it stop? 3 head coaches in 3 years is not good for the kids. It's not good for the program. Stability is a key factor in anyone's success in any field. Like I said, personally for the players sake, I hope it works out for the best and this will finally resolve what is the equivalent of a football soap opera. My dad always said, be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it. This all really only ends one of two ways. One VV gets back on track. Two VV spends the next decade trying to get back on track.
I think they got it right . The VV community would probably never have accepted Moyer because of the process in which this happened . Skidmore is one of the most beloved people in the VV community because of his kind and caring nature . Those that don’t know him have a hard time believing he’s a football coach once they find out . Stidham and Keating are VV guys , State Champs guys , football Savy guys . You shouldn’t mess with your own unless it’s warranted , rest of the staff got screwed as well . Only one full time coach stayed on and he’s a teacher in the building.The VV community saw this as a witch hunt with the previous BOE having the power to do so . Is everyone going to be happy ? Nah . But now they can say with what cards they were dealt they did the best they could .

-as far as the players - Moyer is a very religious man . In some opinions that has no place in a public school . He screened their music in the weight room . Not just edited , clean music but screened as well. Basically no new stuff , oh and for you rock fans AC/DC was not allowed they provide bad messages according to Moyer . The Radio , RADIO station said once in a country song and he took the radio .
-Zero cussing , it should be encouraged to not cuss but things happen .
-traditions not held up because he didn’t like them
-lack of ability to provide a competent coaching staff on a daily basis . Yeah u read that right .

I think they got it right . The VV community would probably never have accepted Moyer because of the process in which this happened . Skidmore is one of the most beloved people in the VV community because of his kind and caring nature . Those that don’t know him have a hard time believing he’s a football coach once they find out . Stidham and Keating are VV guys , State Champs guys , football Savy guys . You shouldn’t mess with your own unless it’s warranted , rest of the staff got screwed as well . Only one full time coach stayed on and he’s a teacher in the building.The VV community saw this as a witch hunt with the previous BOE having the power to do so . Is everyone going to be happy ? Nah . But now they can say with what cards they were dealt they did the best they could .

-as far as the players - Moyer is a very religious man . In some opinions that has no place in a public school . He screened their music in the weight room . Not just edited , clean music but screened as well. Basically no new stuff , oh and for you rock fans AC/DC was not allowed they provide bad messages according to Moyer . The Radio , RADIO station said once in a country song and he took the radio .
-lack of ability to provide a competent coaching staff on a daily basis . Yeah u read that right .
Radio station said

Out curiosity who would you like to see as the head coach? I’m personally fine with someone who is qualified and has no Valley View ties. Besides Moyer. The last time we hired someone with no Valley View ties worked very well for us taking us to three state titles.

Out curiosity who would you like to see as the head coach? I’m personally fine with someone who is qualified and has no Valley View ties. Besides Moyer. The last time we hired someone with no Valley View ties worked very well for us taking us to three state titles.
My gut says Butch Stidham (D Coordinator under Skid) known as one of the best around . To my knowledge he has applied after sitting out last season refusing offers from neighboring schools .

or Matt King, VV Teacher(Linebackers Coach , Specials coordinator and weightlifting coach under Skid) and coached for Moyer last season .

both have the qualities and community ties and support they’ll be looking for . I understand Butch has some people that aren’t his biggest fan . He’s Type A , doesn’t believe in “Ribbons for participation “ type of guy but has been around the block . Some of those wins vs a Cory Kiner RB team , Clinton Massie , Indian Hill when nobody gave them a chance had his fingerprints all over it . The previous staff was just really good .

I’ve heard some names of “outsiders”who’ve applied and I’m impressed . I’d rather keep those to myself for the moment.

I would like to say today is the first time I’ve post anything on Yappi in my life . I’m close to someone that was involved in that fiasco . I’m a long time reader and enjoy the information on this site . I could no longer sit on my hands and see people speculate over this . I’ve given you facts unless I said they were my opinion or alleged hearsay . Simply put there’s so much more information that people will never know about this subject . Half the story is still untold to the masses . It’s truly shameful how the previous administration treated their own .

My gut says Butch Stidham (D Coordinator under Skid) known as one of the best around . To my knowledge he has applied after sitting out last season refusing offers from neighboring schools .

or Matt King, VV Teacher(Linebackers Coach , Specials coordinator and weightlifting coach under Skid) and coached for Moyer last season .

both have the qualities and community ties and support they’ll be looking for . I understand Butch has some people that aren’t his biggest fan . He’s Type A , doesn’t believe in “Ribbons for participation “ type of guy but has been around the block . Some of those wins vs a Cory Kiner RB team , Clinton Massie , Indian Hill when nobody gave them a chance had his fingerprints all over it . The previous staff was just really good .

I’ve heard some names of “outsiders”who’ve applied and I’m impressed . I’d rather keep those to myself for the moment.

I would like to say today is the first time I’ve post anything on Yappi in my life . I’m close to someone that was involved in that fiasco . I’m a long time reader and enjoy the information on this site . I could no longer sit on my hands and see people speculate over this . I’ve given you facts unless I said they were my opinion or alleged hearsay . Simply put there’s so much more information that people will never know about this subject . Half the story is still untold to the masses . It’s truly shameful how the previous administration treated their own .
Butch deserve the job they took his job from him 2xs.

Any chance that former old coach from Greenville having any interest ? I know that ship passed long ago. Good luck to Valley View on fixing this mess. Great football school and tradition.

A good head coach candidate will be Valley View’s current AD. Was the Loveland coach when they had all those state runs. Then went to Miami of OH as safeties and STC. Then was at Wisconsin as director of operations/recruiting. Jay was both the AD and Football coach.
Fred Cranford was the HC of Loveland's state title runs.

It’s hearsay but I’ve heard the new AD isn’t very well liked . Kind of a Me me me I ,I ,I guy . Wants the students to call him Coach. Heard a rumor he applied at Twin Valley South for football job and a teaching/admin position .Apparently it didn’t work out and he told TVS he was going to Florida to be closer to family … then turns around and gets the VV AD job . Allegedly TVS contacted him and asked what changed his mind and asked why he took the VV job . Again -allegedly -he said he new Ken Moyer wouldn’t last long and wanted to take over the VV program . Although he has a very nice football background , I don’t think he has that community connection VV is looking for in its new HC .

Jay had no connections to the VV community when he first came to VV. I don’t believe he was very well liked at first. I know he came in with a vision and stuck to his guns and that vision came true. Not everyone is liked at first. It takes time for some people to be accepted.

Jay plans on applying. My money is on King. VV will be fine. Too much talent in the school and on that team. Players need to trust who they’re playing for and they didn’t trust Moyer. They may be 16-18 year olds but they weren’t blind to the truth of how he got hired. Skid won’t be back unless he gives up his seat on the BOE.

Skid certainly wants to right what was wronged but won’t do so if it put the school and kids in a bad spot. He has more integrity than that. The main reason Skid and the other 2 got on the BOE was to get people back in there who spoke for the whole community. They will do right by kids, school, and community. Moyer wasn’t fired, his contract just wasn’t renewed. From what I’ve gathered, over 50 people have applied. The process may have looked bad from the outside but it is being fixed by people who care about the community.

Skid certainly wants to right what was wronged but won’t do so if it put the school and kids in a bad spot. He has more integrity than that. The main reason Skid and the other 2 got on the BOE was to get people back in there who spoke for the whole community. They will do right by kids, school, and community. Moyer wasn’t fired, his contract just wasn’t renewed. From what I’ve gathered, over 50 people have applied. The process may have looked bad from the outside but it is being fixed by people who care about the community.
Yes, I agree big deal about nothing. Coaches get fired or contracts do not get renewed all the time. Local communities know what is best for their own school not Yappi posters. VV won't have any problem attracting candidates with their past success record. Marion Local fired 2 coaches over a 3-year period in the late 90's (very messy process), worked out for ML very well Coldwater the same in the early - mid 90's also worked out very well.

Jay plans on applying. My money is on King. VV will be fine. Too much talent in the school and on that team. Players need to trust who they’re playing for and they didn’t trust Moyer. They may be 16-18 year olds but they weren’t blind to the truth of how he got hired. Skid won’t be back unless he gives up his seat on the BOE.
I really hope Jay gets it that’s not him then it should go to Butch both Of them will get Valleyview going again

I agree Either one of them would be great. Jay as offensive coordinator Butch as Defensive coordinator. Plenty of talent coming back just not real deep need to start playing with more fire and emotion! Last year was miserable to watch.

I agree Either one of them would be great. Jay as offensive coordinator Butch as Defensive coordinator. Plenty of talent coming back just not real deep need to start playing with more fire and emotion! Last year was miserable to watch.
I am unsure why Jay would be brought back into the picture in this instance. After Jay left VV what was there that he did so great? Fairmont? Beavercreek? The run of talent that was at VV at that time period was like no other. The jimmies were way better than the joe's VV face in that run. I would say let the past stay in the past and bring on the future. Get someone strong, and already proven leader, and in the school and knows the students like King instead of trying to bring an old dog back.

I am unsure why Jay would be brought back into the picture in this instance. After Jay left VV what was there that he did so great? Fairmont? Beavercreek? The run of talent that was at VV at that time period was like no other. The jimmies were way better than the joe's VV face in that run. I would say let the past stay in the past and bring on the future. Get someone strong, and already proven leader, and in the school and knows the students like King instead of trying to bring an old dog back.
I don't think you can bring Jay back unless he's the head coach, otherwise it will still be his program under another coach.

Ill always root for VV but after adding Ross and Edgewood, they will struggle to win League Championships like years past.

Ill always root for VV but after adding Ross and Edgewood, they will struggle to win League Championships like years past.
Jays not getting hired in any fashion at VV for any position, unless the new HC wants him around … and don’t count on that people . Think about that - if Butch were to get hired as HC you really think he wants Jay hovering over ? You don’t know Butch nor Jay if you think that would work .

Ross and Edgewood will more than likely go to the “Big Side” with Oakwood and Waynesville going over to small . 7 on one side 5 on the other . That’s the early discussion anyway . Btw , Talawanda want in as well .

No one is saying Jay will get the job.. However. Jay put his hat in the ring… as did 50-60 others. A lot of very nice applicants from what I’ve gathered. It’ll be hard for the new hiring committee to botch this

No one is saying Jay will get the job.. However. Jay put his hat in the ring… as did 50-60 others. A lot of very nice applicants from what I’ve gathered. It’ll be hard for the new hiring committee to botch this
50-60? Sounds like a lot of unhappy coaches are there haha