Valley view looking for a new coach

Current head coach got called out during the most recent board meeting for applying for other jobs and NOT providing scouting reports on Monday. That was actually something brought up by a community member. There was something else about a comment the head coach made, but I couldn't quite make it out.

Current head coach got called out during the most recent board meeting for applying for other jobs and NOT providing scouting reports on Monday. That was actually something brought up by a community member. There was something else about a comment the head coach made, but I couldn't quite make it out.
thats crazy.....for applying for other jobs, and not providing scouting reports????? some people have too much time on their hands... i wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with some parents upset about their kids playing time....

how has VV record been in the last couple of years?

thats crazy.....for applying for other jobs, and not providing scouting reports????? some people have too much time on their hands... i wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with some parents upset about their kids playing time....

Last year the school board got rid of two coaches the head coach stepped down in protest. The school board hired that coach behind ppl backs and lies about it. So the ex head coach ran for school board and won. The new school board is doing the right thing now

They've had winning seasons and pretty strong teams up until this past season. They battled in most games last year, but ended with a 5-6 overall record. Given what had happened leading into last year, whoever stepped into the head coaching position was pretty much standing in front of a loaded gun, and as soon as things didn't go well, it was going to go off.

Ken Moyer is a great dude who cares about kids and their well being; I don't know about the scouting reports or his knowledge of Xs and Os etc; but you cannot fault him for applying to other jobs??? How many coaches are still employed or coaching at other school and apply to other districts when the job opens up?

I have no skin in the game, but I just thought it was an odd thing to call someone out on. I went back and watched the clip again. The man speaking did bring up his applying to Lebanon specifically but withdrawing his name; the audio isn't the best though.

They've had winning seasons and pretty strong teams up until this past season. They battled in most games last year, but ended with a 5-6 overall record. Given what had happened leading into last year, whoever stepped into the head coaching position was pretty much standing in front of a loaded gun, and as soon as things didn't go well, it was going to go off.
so what happened last year? Being from the MAC, i have always thought that VV had one of the better programs in this part of the state....

Ken Moyer is a great dude who cares about kids and their well being; I don't know about the scouting reports or his knowledge of Xs and Os etc; but you cannot fault him for applying to other jobs??? How many coaches are still employed or coaching at other school and apply to other districts when the job opens up?
somebody being upset about not getting a scouting report? so did they give a scouting report of the weeks upcoming opponent to the public? If that is correct , that is about the most stupid thing i have ever heard.....

Last year the school board got rid of two coaches the head coach stepped down in protest. The school board hired that coach behind ppl backs and lies about it. So the ex head coach ran for school board and won. The new school board is doing the right thing now
so why did the school board want two assistants to leave the program?

somebody being upset about not getting a scouting report? so did they give a scouting report of the weeks upcoming opponent to the public? If that is correct , that is about the most stupid thing i have ever heard.....
The issue was the coach wasn't giving players scouting reports for that week's opponent.
I'm sure most know this, but Monday is typically meeting/walkthrough day to discuss the opponent for that week. I don't know if anyone still does the old school packet report, but the guy was complainging that the players weren't getting this like they used to under previous coaches.

so why did the school board want two assistants to leave the program?
Forgive me if I'm wrong but simply described to me from several people in the coaching world; One was just a jerk and unprofessional and one had "relationships" controversies.

The issue was the coach wasn't giving players scouting reports for that week's opponent.
I'm sure most know this, but Monday is typically meeting/walkthrough day to discuss the opponent for that week. I don't know if anyone still does the old school packet report, but the guy was complainging that the players weren't getting this like they used to under previous coaches.
if the coach doesn't hand out scouting reports that is up to the coach, really don't think that should be a problem at all..... you go over that stuff on the field on Mondays.... and thru the week

Skid and the other coaches should have never lost there coaching positions it was a few board members who had their own agendas against a couple of the coaches and skid layed on the sword for them. Had nothing to do with scouting reports we have to much talent to go 5-6 leading at half in 5 of the 6 losses. Make no adjustments during the game or at halftime and got outscored 69-7 in the second half of the last three games. Couldn’t wait for it to be over and I never thought I would say that.

if the coach doesn't hand out scouting reports that is up to the coach, really don't think that should be a problem at all..... you go over that stuff on the field on Mondays.... and thru the week
I agree with you. I was just clarifying an earlier post.

Being an outsider it seems like anyone from VV wants the old coaching staff in place. Anything less than a state title in his first year Moyer had no chance of ever keeping this job. VV is a place where being from there matters and I'm sure whoever they hire will have deep VV connections.

Being an outsider it seems like anyone from VV wants the old coaching staff in place. Anything less than a state title in his first year Moyer had no chance of ever keeping this job. VV is a place where being from there matters and I'm sure whoever they hire will have deep VV connections.
Well, the coaches they ran off in the first place had DEEP VV connections, so at this point I'm not sure that even matters. What's going on at VV has ruined many really good programs and I hate to see this happening. I've always been a fan of what they do there and hope they right the ship. NO ONE should lose their job after one year based off of wins and loses, especially when they walked in to the situation Moyer walked in to. I followed a lot of the post on here during the season and several of those late loses were guys being in the right place and not making the plays or some type of fluke play won it. It's sad to see such a proud program with great tradition being so petty.

Well, the coaches they ran off in the first place had DEEP VV connections, so at this point I'm not sure that even matters. What's going on at VV has ruined many really good programs and I hate to see this happening. I've always been a fan of what they do there and hope they right the ship. NO ONE should lose their job after one year based off of wins and loses, especially when they walked in to the situation Moyer walked in to. I followed a lot of the post on here during the season and several of those late loses were guys being in the right place and not making the plays or some type of fluke play won it. It's sad to see such a proud program with great tradition being so petty.
I feel like you see stuff like this a lot though, when a change happens regardless of the back story to it. A successful coach leaves for whatever reason, and there's always an immediate setback, but the expectations stay the same. Then you have places like VV, where the coach has DEEP connections, and it's almost like they can't be successful unless they have that component.