Vaccinated Yankees test positive

I can just imagine you at a wake for one of those people that were able to keep their diabetes, heart conditions, or autoimmune disorders manageable but then Covid came along and tipped the scales the other way.

"But hey, let's be honest," winbypin says to a sobbing widow. "He was going to die at some point anyway."
Now you're being stupid. I would obviously support them in their grieving. I am a human.

But yes, ultimately something is going to "tip the scales" on each and every one of us. If it's not covid, it's something else. Death is the undefeated and undisputed champion. It's silly that you think you can avoid death.

Why do I NEED one? Some sad desperation in your life if that image takes up that much real estate in your head you have to comment on it as often as you do.
Doesn't take any real estate in my head. I see it when you post. It reminds me that I think it's stupid. I tell you about it.

Keep it. That's cool. The king has spoken.

Now you're being stupid. I would obviously support them in their grieving. I am a human.

But yes, ultimately something is going to "tip the scales" on each and every one of us. If it's not covid, it's something else. Death is the undefeated and undisputed champion. It's silly that you think you can avoid death.
Yes, thank you for explaining death to me.

More than half a million people died last year than we probably would have expected had Covid never occurred. And a chunk of them (nearly 30% of that excess) were not positive for Covid. That is a tragedy any way you slice it. For you to be so cavalier and say "oh well, we're all going to die anyway"... I'm struggling to find the words, but inhuman is one of them.

Yes, thank you for explaining death to me.

More than half a million people died last year than we probably would have expected had Covid never occurred. And a chunk of them (nearly 30% of that excess) were not positive for Covid. That is a tragedy any way you slice it. For you to be so cavalier and say "oh well, we're all going to die anyway"... I'm struggling to find the words, but inhuman is one of them.
We don't expect deaths. It's just an average of prior years. Does a pretty good job of forecasting numbers...until it doesn't like this year. But we don't know anyone's expiration date so to call deaths "expected" is dumb.

Inhuman isn't a good word to call me. I am very much human and I am also a realist. Part of being human is knowing life will end at some point for you & your loved ones. Don't take life for granted and make the most out of the life you were given. That's not inhuman at all.

Inhuman is hiding in fear of a virus.

As far as the 30% that didn't die with covid....what are those? I just want to make sure I know what you're talking about.

We don't expect deaths. It's just an average of prior years. Does a pretty good job of forecasting numbers...until it doesn't like this year. But we don't know anyone's expiration date so to call deaths "expected" is dumb.

Inhuman isn't a good word to call me. I am very much human and I am also a realist. Part of being human is knowing life will end at some point for you & your loved ones. Don't take life for granted and make the most out of the life you were given. That's not inhuman at all.

Inhuman is hiding in fear of a virus.

As far as the 30% that didn't die with covid....what are those? I just want to make sure I know what you're talking about.
Read post 63 in this thread, the bottom two paragraphs.

We understand the "expected" exactly the same. Did you really think I meant it on an individual level?

Read post 63 in this thread, the bottom two paragraphs.

We understand the "expected" exactly the same. Did you really think I meant it on an individual level?
Not sure. But you seem shocked that something in the world caused the number of deaths last year to be more than previous year averages and mathematical prediction for 2020.

I am not shocked because I understand that not everything is predictable in the world.