USA Today rankings out

DLS is effectively ranked 4th.

#1 plays #2 and #4 plays #5.

No matter what happens in those games, it would be extremely unusual for the losers not to fall past DLS (unless DLS loses, too, of course). (It might be right for that to happen, it might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it will be.)

Last edited:
I suspect John Curtis is smaller also. Both Evangel and John Curtis are currently Louisiana 2A which have coed enrollments between 241 and 421. Evangel was probably under 241 when the won the mythical national championship.

DLS is effectively ranked 4th.

#1 plays #2 and #4 plays #5.

No matter what happens in those games, it would be extremely unusual for the losers not to fall past DLS (unless DLS loses, too, of course). (It might be right for that to happen, it might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it will be.)

I was thinking similar thoughts although I did not relate them to DLS

also Summerville and a ranked team from FLorida also meet this Saturday

LB Poly meets Glenville, Glenville is regionally ranked

Lots of great intersectional games

I agree trinity should be ranked.

Smithson Valley wont be that bad either.
Also Cedar Hill should be good again.

I dont even think the fab 50 ranked trinity.

someone was saying the CIF PAC 5 has 34 schools and 4 of them are rated in the top 19 of the country

how is that for a power packed division

In Texas I would add Copperas Cove. They have an excellant coach and a very good QB (Robert Griffin) who has a time of 13.55 in the 110 hurdles and a time of 35.33 in the 300 hurdles.

Also Waco High is loaded. Problem they are in the same district in Copperas Cove.

I may be delirious, but did the same guy (Lawlor) put SLC over MNW in the USA Today poll and MNW over SLC in the ESPN poll?

I may be delirious, but did the same guy (Lawlor) put SLC over MNW in the USA Today poll and MNW over SLC in the ESPN poll?

here may be your answer

It seems that Chris Lawlor won't be the one calling the shots for the Super 25 this year...what a bummer. I think he got a job offer at ESPN. This preseason poll is his curtain call for USA Today. Best of luck to Chris. I'm sure we'll will miss him