URSULINE & CARDINAL MOONEY IN 2023?

Other than the aforementioned 2020 game at Mooney, the only other times in the playoff era that Steubenville opened on the road were 1978 and 1980, both at Dover
And the only reason Steubenville opened on the road with Dover in 1978 is because both schools had Cleveland Senate league games scheduled and the Cleveland city schools went on strike. I do not think Steubenville will open on the road.

What does Mooney have coming back?
They lost some nice pieces up front in Tino and Garlock. But they have a stud coming back in Dewey Heard. 270 pound nose tackle that will be a sophomore. He’s unblockable at times. Their O will come down to how they decide to use the Flowers kid. If he is a Q, then the Q run game will be at the forefront. I think 2024 is a year they make a serious run.

Reactions: GMA
They lost some nice pieces up front in Tino and Garlock. But they have a stud coming back in Dewey Heard. 270 pound nose tackle that will be a sophomore. He’s unblockable at times. Their O will come down to how they decide to use the Flowers kid. If he is a Q, then the Q run game will be at the forefront. I think 2024 is a year they make a serious run.
I think there’s no way O’Brien isn’t Qb again

This is the year they've been building up for since Fecko was dismissed from Erie Street.

Were they at now D6??

I agree. Unless he is physically unable to play Mr. O'Brien will be the QB.

Personally I think Mr. DelSignore is their biggest loss. He was probably their MVP last season.
Yeah I would agree to that, the flowers kid did flash a couple times I seen them play, I think he will be a really good one

Young Mr. Flowers did make some big plays for the Cardinals last year. I am hoping to see & I would expect them to get the ball into his hands more often this year. Some of that may come from the QB spot in a Wildcat type of formation but I just can't see anybody else starting at QB unless Mr. O'Brien cannot go for some reason.

It hurts my heart a bit to not see him in black and gold like his father but I'm glad he's off to a nice start at Mooney. I remember when Worm02 was babysitting and brought him to my college graduation. Where does time go

This is awesome. Should be alot of people from the entire Youngstown area watching this on a Thursday night
On paper, Stubby is the favorite. A far different opening match than last year's blow out of Brookfield. At this point the Big Red might as well join the Steel Valley Conference.

Not a football post, but a salute to John Ulicney - an Ursuline legend who passed away this week. Ulicney and Bucci's passing this year is a reminder of the long, proud histories of these two Youngstown institutions, as well as the changing of the times. May the holy war live for eternity (or at least long enough for the north side good guys to even the score). ☘️

Not a football post, but a salute to John Ulicney - an Ursuline legend who passed away this week. Ulicney and Bucci's passing this year is a reminder of the long, proud histories of these two Youngstown institutions, as well as the changing of the times. May the holy war live for eternity (or at least long enough for the north side good guys to even the score). ☘️

Mr. U from U. RIP
As for Ursuline and the series...4-in-a-row and only 17 to go!

I like these kind of Obits. When future relatives/descendants look up their ancestors its all they will likely have about their time on this planet.
I understand the humility component, but I always think it's sad when there are a couple short paragraphs on a 90 year old's Obit. Just my humble opinion. RIP Mr. Ulicney.

Anybody know why the Mooney-Fitch series was cancelled and by who? And why the Cards don't play SVSM anymore either?

2023 FULL SLATES FOR THE YOUNGSTOWN PAROCHIALS

CARDINAL MOONEY CARDINALS 2023

at Mentor Lake Catholic
Cleveland VASJ
at Steubenville Big Red
Clyde
Cleveland Heights Lutheran East
at Boardman
Youngstown Chaney @ Rayen
Warren Harding
Youngstown East
Ursuline

URSULINE FIGHTING IRISH 2023
Steubenville Big Red
at Parma Padua Franciscan
at Ashtabula Lakeside
Youngstown East @ Rayen
Warren Harding
at Austintown Fitch
at Akron SVSM
Cleveland VASJ
Youngstown Chaney
Cardinal Mooney @ Mineral Ridge

New opponents in 2023
CMHS- vs. Clyde
UHS- vs. Ashtabula Lakeside

Cards home games @ Mineral Ridge
Irish home games @ YSU

Last edited:
2023 FULL SLATES FOR THE YOUNGSTOWN PAROCHIALS

CARDINAL MOONEY CARDINALS 2023

at Mentor Lake Catholic
Cleveland VASJ
at Steubenville Big Red
Clyde
Cleveland Heights Lutheran East
at Boardman
Youngstown Chaney @ Rayen
Warren Harding
Youngstown East
Ursuline

URSULINE FIGHTING IRISH 2023
Steubenville Big Red
at Parma Padua Franciscan
at Ashtabula Lakeside
Youngstown East @ Rayen
Warren Harding
at Austintown Fitch
at Akron SVSM
at Cleveland VASJ
Youngstown Chaney
Cardinal Mooney @ Mineral Ridge

New opponents in 2023
CMHS- vs. Clyde
UHS- vs. Ashtabula Lakeside

Cards home games @ Mineral Ridge
Irish home games @ YSU
I think the VASJ game is at YSU. Unless there has been a recent change. They played at VASJ last season.

Other than that, looks like a good schedule for the Irish.

RIP Dr. Bennie Allison
Bennie Allison, native Eastsider and Ursuline '70 star athlete, was a joy to behold especially on the BB court! He was a star in football, too. Bennie really shined in '68-'69 and lead the Irish to their first "Sweet Sixteen" in school history. He was the 1st UHS athlete to be "ALL SVC" the first year the Irish & Mooney competed on the court in '69-'70. Most of all he touched countless lives. As the Ursuline cheering section would continuously chant, "GO BENNIE GO" to your sweet reward and thanks for all you did especially in lifting Ursuline athletics to the great heights!

Communique from CMHS says that they are "going in a new direction." Someone from the outside? Might be healthy for the program.