Umpire Assaulted During 8u Game

What, the guy was drinking? I would have never suspected that. Maybe he was like Shooter in Hoosiers, he's an assistant coach?

I wonder if there is more to this story. The article says he attempted to get into a dugout? Why? Does he have a kid on the team? Was the team not allowing him into the dugout for a particular reason? Still a few loose ends out there.
Sadly this will likely be the worst of it. Jail overcrowding and he'll be back out, they're not going to lock up a guy for a couple of years for something like this. Just very sad and I hope the umpire heals properly and continues to umpire. And we wonder why no one wants to officiate.

That is what alcohol will do.. and poor parenting!
Seems like the umpire had it coming. Bet all the guy was trying to do was give his tike some pointers on how to handle this guy's Angel Hernandez-esque strikezone. Who said that drinking a case of bruskis at the local 8u game is so bad?! Thought this was a free country. Buncha snowflakes

Seems like the umpire had it coming. Bet all the guy was trying to do was give his tike some pointers on how to handle this guy's Angel Hernandez-esque strikezone. Who said that drinking a case of bruskis at the local 8u game is so bad?! Thought this was a free country. Buncha snowflakes

clown GIF
BOZO