UC Woman’s Soccer Fall Season

JP is at some new training place on the East side with ML I believe.

Rogers has been the executive director for years. He's been involving himself more and more as the years go on.

JP is at some new training place on the East side with ML I believe.

Rogers has been the executive director for years. He's been involving himself more and more as the years go on.

I did not know that, thank you. Is KF still there?

It seems like the more I read everyone has fled CUP? Didn't know it was the massive dumpster fire it seems.

After wins over Miami and Xavier the home opener with Memphis was rescheduled to mid March due to weather conditions. Ladies go to UCF this weekend where the forecast is 72 and Sunny. First home match is the 28th v Houston.

After wins over Miami and Xavier the home opener with Memphis was rescheduled to mid March due to weather conditions. Ladies go to UCF this weekend where the forecast is 72 and Sunny. First home match is the 28th v Houston.
Weren’t the X and Miami games exhibitions?

Weren’t the X and Miami games exhibitions?
I don’t think so , not marked as such on the website and teams need all the games they can get in as the NCAA requires 6 games to compete in the tournament. With weather and Covid concerns I think all games count. They were full games with referees. Also noticed other AAC teams were listed as 2-0 , 1-1 etc as they prepared for conference action. Word is ND may be coming to Gettler to fill out their 6 game requirement as an example.

Vanessa Gilles former UC defender started for Canada against the US tonight in the SheBelieves tournament.

Vanessa Gilles former UC defender started for Canada against the US tonight in the SheBelieves tournament.
Malia Berkely (Badin/Florida St) will be joining Gilles' French club team in the pro ranks at Girondins de Bordeaux.

Ok, I am a fan of women's soccer especially the international variety. I watch the US national team highlights and replays on Youtube. I also like a particular Youtube analyst that has no media affiliation but seems to know what she is talking about. How many players that either played club, high school or college locally now play professionally or are on various national teams.? I like to follow the local players, especially the ones from SWO. I know Rose is one.

Ok, I am a fan of women's soccer especially the international variety. I watch the US national team highlights and replays on Youtube. I also like a particular Youtube analyst that has no media affiliation but seems to know what she is talking about. How many players that either played club, high school or college locally now play professionally or are on various national teams.? I like to follow the local players, especially the ones from SWO. I know Rose is one.
If by professionally you also mean B leagues in Europe there are more than you think. I know of one from our club team that is playing in Portugal, a couple of others in Iceland. That’s just me.

If by professionally you also mean B leagues in Europe there are more than you think. I know of one from our club team that is playing in Portugal, a couple of others in Iceland. That’s just me.
Yes, that is good to know. Thanks for the information. Professional is professional

UC loses late to UCF 1-0. Tough luck as the goalie bobbled an easy chance and it fell behind her. To be fair there was a pretty strong wind in her face which may have been a factor. UCF won the first half and the Bearcats the second despite the goal. UC has Houston at home next week.

UCF looks like a stronger side had the better opportunities and looks to have stronger players up front. Still early in season though although not impressed with striking at this point.

UCF looks like a stronger side had the better opportunities and looks to have stronger players up front. Still early in season though although not impressed with striking at this point.
I agree. Finishing has been an issue for UC for a couple years. UCF probably had the 4 or 5 fastest players on the pitch.

BTW, I thought the UC goalie played a very good match. She is a Freshmen who probably would not have seen much time this season except for an injury to 5th year Senior who has started 4 years. I don’t want my comments to diminish her performance,

BTW, I thought the UC goalie played a very good match. She is a Freshmen who probably would not have seen much time this season except for an injury to 5th year Senior who has started 4 years. I don’t want my comments to diminish her performance,
Is she from a local team or club? The freshman Auburn goalie from West started a number of games this past fall.

From UC site: competed for several clubs in her career, including Kentucky Fire Juniors (Louisville), United (Louisville), Cincinnati Development Academy Premier (Cincinnati), Lexington FC (Lexington) and Storm SC (Jessamine County)... also was a three-year varsity basketball player.

I am interested in all the local players. Club, high school and college as they move up. I am fascinated at the the development of opportunities for the professional women soccer players. I think it is better than the basketball players domestically speaking. So thanks for the update.

UCs home opener postponed due to covid concerns with Houston ... Texas governor just did away with most precautions.

UCs home opener postponed due to covid concerns with Houston ... Texas governor just did away with most precautions.
The ladies have to be responsible. No UC players have tested positive. They stay in their own group for the most part, avoid crowds. They tested twice a week. If Houston players aren’t following protocols it’s on them not the state. UC played UCF 10 days ago, Florida has basically the same Covid rules as Texas is implementing. UCF has had no issues.

Blahahahahahahahahahaha FREAKING HILARIOUS!! A 'virus' with a 99.9% 'survival' rate (better chances of 'SURVIVING' than if you have the freaking FLU), yet the SHEEP keep wearing 3 masks and hiding in their dryers until the GOVERNMENT says its OK to come out. Blahahahahahahahahaha. And then when TEXAS GOVERNOR finally DOES call out the HILARIOUS MSM, EVIL MIDGET and all the other FREAKS who are pushing this SCAM, UC says NOPE!! STAY IN YOUR DRYERS UC PLAYERS WITH 7 MASKS ON and hide from those 99.9% SURVIVAL RATE INFECTED HOUSTON PETRI DISHES!!! TOO FUNNY!!! Freaking helicopter parents.....be proud!!! But then HIDE HIDE HIDE!!!!

(BTW, if you get your demon juice jab, why do you give two craps if I DON'T wear a mask??? You are protected right? UC players that got the demon jab...you are PROTECTED from the evil Houston players right?? That IS THE POINT of the jab right???) SCIENCE!!!!! SOCCER SCIENCE!!!!!

Blahahahahahahahahahaha FREAKING HILARIOUS!! A 'virus' with a 99.9% 'survival' rate (better chances of 'SURVIVING' than if you have the freaking FLU), yet the SHEEP keep wearing 3 masks and hiding in their dryers until the GOVERNMENT says its OK to come out. Blahahahahahahahahaha. And then when TEXAS GOVERNOR finally DOES call out the HILARIOUS MSM, EVIL MIDGET and all the other FREAKS who are pushing this SCAM, UC says NOPE!! STAY IN YOUR DRYERS UC PLAYERS WITH 7 MASKS ON and hide from those 99.9% SURVIVAL RATE INFECTED HOUSTON PETRI DISHES!!! TOO FUNNY!!! Freaking helicopter parents.....be proud!!! But then HIDE HIDE HIDE!!!!

(BTW, if you get your demon juice jab, why do you give two craps if I DON'T wear a mask??? You are protected right? UC players that got the demon jab...you are PROTECTED from the evil Houston players right?? That IS THE POINT of the jab right???) SCIENCE!!!!! SOCCER SCIENCE!!!!!
It’s not UC that’s saying no it’s the NCAA, American Conference. I agree it’s silly however. Likely none of the SMU players even have the sniffles and it may be something as simple as a player being in the same classroom and within 6 feet as some other student who tested positive??