UC Bearcats

Best College team in Ohio….
And Indiana in two weeks !!!

Notre Dame you mean? And Cinci better beat them. ND plays all three of my Alma Maters (at home) and so far they're 2-0 and will be 3-0. I need some sort of satisfaction even if it's only from a team that shares a state.

Notre Dame honestly isn't all that. They barely beat FSU and Toledo, both of whom have been embarrassed in their other games. Purdue is bottom of the B10. But the environment can be intimidating to a kid I imagine.

Timing is everything but Fickell and Tressel (Mike - DC) are better than their counterparts at ND, UM, and OSU and yet none of those three schools will pull the trigger for these guys. Shame.

This team is special. Just enjoying the ride. Hopefully they can take down the Irish in a few weeks.
Made the trip to IU with my wife. She’s an IU alum so we were “a house divided”.
Great atmosphere at the stadium, however, good luck trying to get a bottle of water from concessions… sitting in the sun on a very hot day at a packed stadium with no water unless you wanna stand in line for over an hour… miserable!

“when you fail to plan… you plan to fail”

Made the trip to IU with my wife. She’s an IU alum so we were “a house divided”.
Great atmosphere at the stadium, however, good luck trying to get a bottle of water from concessions… sitting in the sun on a very hot day at a packed stadium with no water unless you wanna stand in line for over an hour… miserable!

It was mentioned in another thread the problems with staffing at many stadiums. At ND a few of the concession lines got long because no one seemed to use the lines that didn't get long. Or maybe I'm the only one wanted lemonade. Toledo had WAY more than needed, they use the volunteer/raise funds system I think. Even the beer lines zipped. One MAJOR advantage Toledo's Glass Bowl is the concourse. They just drove the food trucks and even a beer dispensing firetruck, right into the seating area. You don't even have to miss game.

Sorry, back to your Beercats.

Simple solution: Change your wine back to water

I was the person who made the call out in the NFL thread.

Like most businesses they are all understaffed. You were lucky that it was just food and beverage, there are also issues with security and fights are very prevalent.

One of the biggest games in program history is this weekend and not much chatter. I have heard a couple breakdowns on the game but more from a betting angle and a common theme is that UC had an off week heading into this contest. Plus ND had a very physical game against Wiscy, this is why the early $s are coming in for UC and the line is currently at ND +2.5. Also Desmond Ridder's performance will be the key on both sides to how the game plays out and he needs to get going early as he is more of a rhythm QB and get the Irish fans out of the game. I can see this coming down to the final drive and if this is the case I too am not completely sold that Ridder is the guy that can get the job done. I would take the home dog and 2.5 points at this time.

One of the biggest games in program history is this weekend and not much chatter. I have heard a couple breakdowns on the game but more from a betting angle and a common theme is that UC had an off week heading into this contest. Plus ND had a very physical game against Wiscy, this is why the early $s are coming in for UC and the line is currently at ND +2.5. Also Desmond Ridder's performance will be the key on both sides to how the game plays out and he needs to get going early as he is more of a rhythm QB and get the Irish fans out of the game. I can see this coming down to the final drive and if this is the case I too am not completely sold that Ridder is the guy that can get the job done. I would take the home dog and 2.5 points at this time.
I believe most Bearcat fans are cautiously optimistic going into this Saturdays game. Notre Dame appears beatable, but they're still Notre Dame and all that entails. Des will do fine, he's as legit as any QB in the college game right now. The strength of this UC team is their defense, especially their DB's. Fickell is great at making halftime adjustments, but Kelly is a friggin' witch when it comes to offensive football. I ain't betting, but if I were I'd take the Cats and give the 2.5.

They do have the Freeman advantage. That's pretty good scouting on their end. It's your line against their line. Presumming Cinci has more in the bank than UToledo, their OL should be porous as hell. Their advantage is the ability to change game-plan with a realible QB switch. If their pocket guy can't do it, they have two quick as hell guys, the advantage of national recruiting. They can get you on punt-kick returns as well.

I believe most Bearcat fans are cautiously optimistic going into this Saturdays game. Notre Dame appears beatable, but they're still Notre Dame and all that entails. Des will do fine, he's as legit as any QB in the college game right now. The strength of this UC team is their defense, especially their DB's. Fickell is great at making halftime adjustments, but Kelly is a friggin' witch when it comes to offensive football. I ain't betting, but if I were I'd take the Cats and give the 2.5.
You should be optimistic. Keep something in mind. ND's QB has been on his back or had problems in the pocket on a consistent basis this season. One of those DB's may have an opportunity to take one to the house. I think it's the best game of the day.

Amazing first half by the Bearcats.

Take care of the ball 2nd half and they should win even if ND magically figures it out on offense.

Loved the win and feel bad for Cole Smith but this is nothing new he has been inconsistent to bad his whole stint at UC. Not sure why they didn’t recruit a competent kicker.

I can see it now, playoff committee has to choose between undefeated Bearcats or one loss big ten champs Buckeyes for final spot .

UC-tOSU, gotta make that match-up happen. Cant believe they havent played each other since 02 I think. Be nice to see a little in-state rivalry happen.

Cincinnati deserves to go to the playoffs if they win out. They really need Indiana to win a lot of games to give them a better resume. But teams are losing all over the place who could keep them out. Oregon went down today. Clemson is done. But winning out in the AAC will be difficult.

Great W for UC and hopefully they can continue the momentum and keep winning. Could be the biggest test if a Power 5 team can get into the playoffs, especially if ND does well in their ACC play.

Shout out to the UC fans too, a lot of Red in South Bend this past Saturday and it looked like X-Mas with the mix of Red and Green. Also the athletic department is announcing the Friday Temple game is a sellout and there are limited tickets available for the balance of the home season. The $s will be a great help for the entire Athletic Department.

Great W for UC and hopefully they can continue the momentum and keep winning. Could be the biggest test if a Power 5 team can get into the playoffs, especially if ND does well in their ACC play.

Shout out to the UC fans too, a lot of Red in South Bend this past Saturday and it looked like X-Mas with the mix of Red and Green. Also the athletic department is announcing the Friday Temple game is a sellout and there are limited tickets available for the balance of the home season. The $s will be a great help for the entire Athletic Department.
Was at the game and tailgated beforehand. Gotta give credit to ND fans; all I encountered were super nice and didn't deal with the typical pre-game tailgate crap you usually see at big games. No mean-spirited trash talk or fighting or any of that (that I saw).

Was at the game and tailgated beforehand. Gotta give credit to ND fans; all I encountered were super nice and didn't deal with the typical pre-game tailgate crap you usually see at big games. No mean-spirited trash talk or fighting or any of that (that I saw).

That was my first thought. We hit a ND sponsored tailgate as well as one in the parking lots. After the game we walked to dinner a little off campus. We didn’t encounter a single mean spirited fan the entire time. In fact I was surprised by how many congratulated UC on the win and wished the Bearcats luck for the rest of the season. Even had a few people say they would root for UC throughout the rest of the year unless it negatively impacted ND.

UC fans should be rooting for ND to win out now. They have a good shot. Their toughest games are @VT, UNC, and @Stanford.

Unfortunate Indiana has been underwhelming.

I think UC needs OSU to lose again to have a shot at the final 4. IF OSU would win out, they would have had to beat # 3, 4, 9 & 11.