UC Bearcats

Auggie

Probably time to start the 2020 thread..

A lot of high expectations for UC heading into 2020, I have seen them ranked as high as #12 on SI's way too early pre-season poll. The game in Lincoln against Nebraska week 4 is key and a W there could go a long way to positioning them for a NY Bowl if they can win the Conference.

The real question is can Ridder really take a huge step in leading this team and taking his QB play to a higher level, or will he be too concerned with looking over his shoulder at the 5 star recruit Evan Prater coming in.

The real question is can Ridder really take a huge step in leading this team and taking his QB play to a higher level, or will he be too concerned with looking over his shoulder at the 5 star recruit Evan Prater coming in.
I wouldn't be shocked to see Prater start week one. Should he? For what Desmond has done for helping turn this team around, I say no. Desmond definitely needs to improve! A lot can change in the offseason.

Nvm, I’m an idiot. Looks like MSU is looking to pluck Fickell.
I was kind of thinking since it happened so late and a day before the late signing period, that this may be good news for UC. If this happened a month ago it would be much easier to pluck Fickell but now he has no chance of salvaging a recruiting class, MSU just paid out 4 million to Mark and they may not be able to afford as big of a payday as they could have a month ago. It will still be more than what UC could offer but not as much as it could have been. Timing isn't the best

Hopefully for UC's sake they go after Narduzzi who was a DC there

Fickell would be a great choice for them. Don't know if they want him, or vice versa, but he would be my #1 choice if I were the MSU braintrust.

I get the feeling Luke stays in Cincinnati.

I do too. Maybe he uses this opening to get more $s but its too late to make this move and pull together a top flight staff, he also has a top 20 team coming back for 2020 and this could spring board him to an even better position like USC. Narduzzi is the easy hire as he knows the MSU admin and could keep much of the existing staff since he knows most of those folks.

I do too. Maybe he uses this opening to get more $s but its too late to make this move and pull together a top flight staff, he also has a top 20 team coming back for 2020 and this could spring board him to an even better position like USC. Narduzzi is the easy hire as he knows the MSU admin and could keep much of the existing staff since he knows most of those folks.
I am a UC Homer, and really hope Luke stays and builds a monster. Even without the Bearcat rose colored glasses, I think the only two jobs he leaves us for would be Ohio State or Notre Dame.

I am a UC Homer, and really hope Luke stays and builds a monster. Even without the Bearcat rose colored glasses, I think the only two jobs he leaves us for would be Ohio State or Notre Dame.
So if USC fires Helton after next yr and Offers him the job, you don’t think he takes it? I think that’s very wishful thinking.

Often times in coaching you have to strike while the iron is hot and it doesnt always come at the perfect time.

Back to back 11 win seasons, a Big Ten program that is not a bottom feeder traditionally..........how often does a job come open like that and you are a "hot" commodity?

WLW was aalll over this last night when I was listening....

Fickell would be a great cultural fit at MSU, and Kerry Coombs can take over at UC.

1) Freeman would be the first choice over Coombs
2) Coombs has little interest in being UC's head coach. By all accounts he is more than fine with being OSU DC for 5-6 years and then retiring.

Ill be very surprised if it’s not Tressel. The timing just doesn’t work for a sitting HC. The speculation from the MSU side is Tressel for at least a year and then maybe look for someone next year if he struggles. It sounds like Campbell will be the top target if that happens with Narduzzi and Fickell being the other targets.

That would make sense, but they already reached out to Matt Campbell and he turned them down

Yeah I saw footballscoop reported they reached out to their top two candidates and both said no. (Campbell #1 and believed to be Fickell #2). I bet it’s Tressel for now.

Smart move by Fickell. I wonder if he's holding out for an elite-level job like OSU, ND, USC, etc.

Unrelated but he just brought in the 40th best recruiting class today. He's building a monster in Cincinnati.
There’s a good chance the USC job is open next year. Helton probably has to win at least 10 games and the PAC 12 to save himself.