UC Bearcats 2019

Those penalties gonna kill you and so many are stupid and self inflicted. Have to clean that up. You have to put that on the head coach.

Agree. Fortunately one of the biggest culprits for penalties on the OL is freshman Lorenz Metz who basically is just learning the position while playing. I think he’s going to be a big asset going forward. The defense just needs to be more disciplined, no doubt. They have great athleticism and playmakers on that side of the ball of the ball. Fun to watch.

Agree. Fortunately one of the biggest culprits for penalties on the OL is freshman Lorenz Metz who basically is just learning the position while playing. I think he’s going to be a big asset going forward. The defense just needs to be more disciplined, no doubt. They have great athleticism and playmakers on that side of the ball of the ball. Fun to watch.
My daughter is an athlete at UC and friendly with a lot of football players. I’ve meant Lorenz , really nice kid. I agree he will probably be very good going forward as he gets comfortable. Last night I texted her after the game and noted the penalties w/o mentioning names. She texted back... #51 Lorenz.

My daughter is an athlete at UC and friendly with a lot of football players. I’ve meant Lorenz , really nice kid. I agree he will probably be very good going forward as he gets comfortable. Last night I texted her after the game and noted the penalties w/o mentioning names. She texted back... #51 Lorenz.
Ha. Yeah, he’s good for 2-3 penalties a game. Like I said, he’s German and played defense prior to switching to OL, so he really is just learning while playing. It’s amazing he’s been this good honestly.

I too really like this team except they are a "but" a team, everything but a QB. DBs need some tightening up too but I see growth potential there, Ridder though...

Birmingham Bowl 3pm Jan2 against 6-6 Boston College, who have Fickell as one of their top targets in getting a new football coach.
Last years payout was $1,650,000 per team.

I too really like this team except they are a "but" a team, everything but a QB. DBs need some tightening up too but I see growth potential there, Ridder though...
I mean, I think Ridder is decent. He had an injury late in the year which impacted his passing significantly. They are definitely riding him the next two years.

I mean, I think Ridder is decent. He had an injury late in the year which impacted his passing significantly. They are definitely riding him the next two years.

He is a frustrating QB to watch, he has some tools but he misses a lot of reads and most importantly he cannot make all the throws.

Maybe. I’ve never seen Prater play but I could see him stepping in at some point next year if he’s as good as advertised.

He is a frustrating QB to watch, he has some tools but he misses a lot of reads and most importantly he cannot make all the throws.
Yep.....a lot of skills in the running game. As far as passing, he's not terrible, but his accuracy does leave a lot to be desired on a consistent basis. At this level, he's no better than an average QB.

Great Season for the Bearcats! Why was Hudson(?) O Lineman, Michigan Transfer allowed to play today but not all season?

Interesting tidbit to this game. Last year with only a few minutes left in the first quarter and BC leading 7-0 over Boise State a similar lightening delay occurred as in this year's game against UC. Last year they said it was a joint decision to stop play and not finish the game by both teams and the game organizers as there were lightening cells all over Dallas that night. On the radio Dan Hoard said that BC did not want to continue last nights game with UC and tried to get it stopped. UC wanted to play so they waited 90 minutes before restarting the game.

Interesting tidbit to this game. Last year with only a few minutes left in the first quarter and BC leading 7-0 over Boise State a similar lightening delay occurred as in this year's game against UC. Last year they said it was a joint decision to stop play and not finish the game by both teams and the game organizers as there were lightening cells all over Dallas that night. On the radio Dan Hoard said that BC did not want to continue last nights game with UC and tried to get it stopped. UC wanted to play so they waited 90 minutes before restarting the game.

Well it certainly appeared like BC was not fully engaged.

I think people will be jumping on Ridder’s bandwagon over the next two years.

For the 2nd half of the season (November and onward) he was a more effective runner but less effective passer.

If he stays fully healthy hopefully he's able to elevate his game, and in turn, the team next season.

I think is adequate as a QB and I have no problem with Ridder. I do think, however, the kid from Wyoming HS May push him. After Prater gets comfortable in the system I’m not sure he wants to wait 2 years to start at UC.

I think is adequate as a QB and I have no problem with Ridder. I do think, however, the kid from Wyoming HS May push him. After Prater gets comfortable in the system I’m not sure he wants to wait 2 years to start at UC.
I can’t see him moving Ridder from the starting lineup unless he’s really something special. Ridder is entering next year as a 2 yr starter. I don’t see anything other than injury or a complete meltdown from keeping him from being a 4 yr starter.

Prater will sit next year and will hopefully be the starter as a RS Sophomore on.

Until he proves he can make the correct read I will not be on that bandwagon.

Against lesser opponents or those not engaged like BC his athleticism takes over, a good DC will get his head spinning and the happy feet take over.

Until he proves he can make the correct read I will not be on that bandwagon.

Against lesser opponents or those not engaged like BC his athleticism takes over, a good DC will get his head spinning and the happy feet take over.
I’m not saying he’ll be an NFL prospect, but he’ll be experienced and plenty good enough to extend this great streak of football UC has been experiencing. I can’t see Fickell replacing that investment with a younger player.

UC loses two starters on D (both are LB's) and three on O (2 O-lineman and 1 WR). They will be very good next year IMO

Interesting schedule in 2020. They play at Nebraska which should be a winnable Power 5 game but then again Frost has to turn this thing around eventually so it could be a lot tougher than expected. A trip to a NY 6 Bowl probably depends on roadies against UCF & SMU.

Ridder has not shown anything that warrants confidence he'll be more than what he is now. I was hoping to see strides made from last season, but they just weren't there. Frankly, he's a low-grade QB, and if Fickell has eyes on an AAC championship before he bolts for bigger gig, he needs to hit that transfer wire hard for a QB.