UC Bearcats 2019

The American with four ranked teams and with SMU's loss, Cincinnati has the in-side track on the home game for the conf. championship. Keep the winning, get the trophy and they're playing on News Years Day.

The Mike Bohn to USC deal is falling apart. USC's president told Bohn he wouldn't be able to hire Urban Meyer, so Bohn said he didn't want the job anymore. What a disaster ?

I like Bohn and my impression is that most UC athletes and coaches do as well hate to see him leave. I didn’t even know Meyer was interested in going back to coaching this soon.

As they say in the NCAA business, "he is well liked in the building".

I am not so sure the no Meyer thing was said out right, I think it is more along the lines of the USC Admin makes the final call on this hire and not the AD. Maybe Bohn wants more say on the 1 thing that will define he time at USC, the head football coach hire.

This might be the worst offense ever for a 9-1 team, but who cares at this point. Decent chance they get the ABC night game next week vs Temple. Fun season.

This might be the worst offense ever for a 9-1 team, but who cares at this point. Decent chance they get the ABC night game next week vs Temple. Fun season.
The offensive line in my estimation is a problem. Nothing is going to change there now but they need to put the recruiting focus on that group.

The offensive line in my estimation is a problem. Nothing is going to change there now but they need to put the recruiting focus on that group.

I agree; but they actually have done a credible job considering the line is new this year with the exception of the RG. I think if they called out the snap count in German, if might reduce the penalties. The good news is the OL 2020 recruiting class is considered very good by Cincinnati standards.

I agree; but they actually have done a credible job considering the line is new this year with the exception of the RG. I think if they called out the snap count in German, if might reduce the penalties. The good news is the OL 2020 recruiting class is considered very good by Cincinnati standards.
Funny re. Snap count. Did he jump again last night? Glad to hear they have some talent coming in.

Someone pointed out to me that the AAC & Mountain West refs are some of the most whistle happy refs in NCAA football and I can see it. They are trying to move up to a Power 5 gig and want to show they are not afraid to throw a flag, especially on judgment calls like pass interference. It would be interesting to see how many penalty yards are called per game in these Conferees vs. some of the Power 5 conferences.

Someone pointed out to me that the AAC & Mountain West refs are some of the most whistle happy refs in NCAA football and I can see it. They are trying to move up to a Power 5 gig and want to show they are not afraid to throw a flag, especially on judgment calls like pass interference. It would be interesting to see how many penalty yards are called per game in these Conferees vs. some of the Power 5 conferences.
Agreed. These innumerable PI calls have definitely taken away from the enjoyment of the game. It seems that when the ball goes in the air (especially downfield), the issue in the ref's mind has become "prove to me that you HAVEN'T committed pass interference or I'm throwing the flag".

Commissioner of the AAC is apparently not too happy UC or Memphis are not being taken seriously for the CFP playoff.

As of November 23, 2019, seven of the ten most penalized teams in FBS are AAC teams....Cincinnati is the most penalized, we do lead the world in pre snap penalties, but it does seem odd that the whole league draws so many flags. The Temple-UC game tonight will be a 4+hour marathon. Our crew has a drinking game, everybody takes a shot of Beam each time the ref announces "The previous play is under review".

We are lucky to be winning alot of these games. I wish I could've watched the 2nd half but weather decided to ice over my satellite so i had to settle for the ESPN app.

15-13 Cincinnati Final

uc offense is horrid. the german had 3 penalties in first half. receivers can't catch (when ball is actually right to them) which isn't very often. good thing defense is good. i hope not, but memphis may drop 50 on them.

jtk
()

That might be the ugliest football game I've ever attended in person. Ridder was horrible again but the numerous drops didn't help. Still a fun win and the blocked kick return was awesome

Reactions: E82
uc offense is horrid. the german had 3 penalties in first half. receivers can't catch (when ball is actually right to them) which isn't very often. good thing defense is good. i hope not, but memphis may drop 50 on them.

jtk
()
I was laughing when he jumped again on the very first play. He did however block the extra point which turned out to be the key play of the game.

What has happened to the offense? It isn't just that Ridder has been awful (he has), the entire O is out of sync. The play calling lacks any imagination. Every time Ridder is in the backfield by himself the play is a disaster.

As of November 23, 2019, seven of the ten most penalized teams in FBS are AAC teams....Cincinnati is the most penalized, we do lead the world in pre snap penalties, but it does seem odd that the whole league draws so many flags. The Temple-UC game tonight will be a 4+hour marathon. Our crew has a drinking game, everybody takes a shot of Beam each time the ref announces "The previous play is under review".

The announcers on Saturday evening spoke about this and called out the refs as part of the problem. The AAC needs to look into this heading into the 2020 season.

Ridder's biggest problem is he does not play very smart. As opposing coaches get more tape of him they seem to try and speed the game up and give him a lot of different looks, he doesn't react too well if he has to think. Memphis doesn't have the best defense in the world and UC needs Ridder to have his best game of the year to keep up with what the Tigers will be doing on offense. I hope the offensive coaches simplify the game plan and lean heavily on the run game, shorten the game up as much as possible.

Oddly enough I think Cincinnati winning this conference championship game might be critical to Ohio State getting the 1 seed