Twitter: Do you?

I've tried to cut back on it because it's such a toilet bowl on a lot of things like politics, and it can really skew the view you receive on things.

Recently read that only 22% of Americans are active on Twitter, with roughly 80% of tweets coming from 10% of users, i.e. 2.2% of the population driving conversations. It's a horrible gauge of the nation and the world, as it's basically wing nuts talking amongst themselves.

It's good for immediate updates in sports and breaking news, and that's about it.

Case in point, anybody else see why Mario Lopez is trending? Twitter is overrun with the worst far left people in the world. It’s really, really hard for me to bite my tongue on there at times, but it’s just not worth spending a whole day pointing out the stupidity of these ppl.

I like following folks that are witty or that post cool stuff but hate people that try to get everyone riled up. Rarely post anything myself. Current favs are David Crosby, Myles Garret, and Joe Thomas. Some folks are better on Instagram too, David Spade is one that comes to mind.

Twitter is hilarious if you follow the right people. Plus you get news as it happens.

It was before so many Comedians got "woke." Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman, Michael Ian Black used to be funny, now every tweet is "Orange Man Bad."

On Twitter. Don't tweet. Follow The Economist, etc. when I can work it into the social media schedule. :cool:

I had a fake one while overseas to monitor, um, certain organizations.am followed them. A coipke followed me back but I posted zero. It was beneficial for me to do it.
Was a little worried j may be put on a watch lisr thought when I got back

No social media for me. Please clap.

I am. My real name is my handle. It's a good way to get info out to our baseball players about practices, rainouts, etc.

Are there any suggestions on celebs to follow that do not filter their takes and like to bust balls?

Are there any suggestions on celebs to follow that do not filter their takes and like to bust balls?

There aren’t any. I was never bothered with how far Left the entertainment industry was until Trump became President. Now, every actor or musician has to tweet about how awful Trump is or they’ll be excommunicated from Hollywood.

There aren’t any. I was never bothered with how far Left the entertainment industry was until Trump became President. Now, every actor or musician has to tweet about how awful Trump is or they’ll be excommunicated from Hollywood.

Yep before trump it was a really liberal tweet here or there mixed in with interesting stuff now it’s 24/7 trump hate. Had to unfollow or mute any I was following.

I do.

@PITmanStats - My account for personal sports chatter and whatever else I want.
@AndrewMarcum - Dedicated strictly to posting sports scores and updates.

I realize now that I should probably switch those around. Haha! But I have a lot of people who get text messages every time I tweet with @AndrewMarcum so they can get all score updates on game night, and a switch could really screw them up.

I tweet a decent amount and follow around 150 pple. Almost all horse racing related. Quickest way for me to unfollow is talking politics, even if I agree. Only social media I have. I also have a burner account.

No and Won't!
Back when I was doing stats for the OHSAA a co-partner had an account
and he used it to keep tabs on other football games in progress which
would then be reported to the game announcer for PA to the people
in the stands.

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
It is a great tool for coaches to communicate with their team (schedules, fundraising, etc...). Aside from that it is next to Facebook when it comes to phony awful.

It is a great tool for coaches to communicate with their team (schedules, fundraising, etc...). Aside from that it is next to Facebook when it comes to phony awful.
I can only imagine what the next 4 months have in store for us. I dont tweet about politics ever and try to keep it off my feed but it is dam near impossible anymore