Twenty generals call for coup against Macron warning of ‘civil war’ and ‘disintegration of France at hands of Islamists’

TP doesn't realize that the people he's defending only befriend his type until they get their way.....

Then they'll turn on him and cut his head off on a live video stream.....

I’m defending voters, and democracy. You’re defending military coups. It could be any issue. Coups can go both ways too.

I’m defending voters, and democracy. You’re defending military coups. It could be any issue. Coups can go both ways too.

If not done right democracy can be worse then military coups or even a monarchy. I personally prefer a constitutional republic in which the tools of democracy, such as voting, are utilized. But overall democracy is as bad as fascism.

And before you throw stuff at me, I'm talking about where in a pure democracy 50.1% of the people can dictate terms to 49.9% of them.

The day Islam takes over in France or any other Western European country will be the day the leftist are wiped out.
Leftist are the definition of useful idiots.
It is an interesting time in history.
Spain in the time right before Columbus started his voyage, were in a war with muslims.
700 years earlier, France defeated the Muslims at the Battle of Tours lead by Charles Martel.
Fast forward to today. Useful Idiots are giving up their countries willingly to Muslims. All in the name of “Social Justice”. Social Justice, the ultimate useful idiot concept created by useful idiots.

I get your point but you are talking about two different things here. A fascist country can still be democratic and a communist government can still be fascist.

It is the Disney utopian world that is BS. ;) :D
So stop voting for the people who believe in a Disney utopian world ?‍♂️

Nice try........Nowhere in my post did I remotely insinuate that I supported a military coup.

All I did was point out a fact about the people you support. Those people come into other countries and ignore existing laws and practices. They institute their own ways (Sharia Law).... They use people like you to further their efforts....They foster beliefs that deep down, you abhor......(gays, women...etc..)

Supporting them would be like supporting the Sovereign Citizen kooks.....

If not done right democracy can be worse then military coups or even a monarchy. I personally prefer a constitutional republic in which the tools of democracy, such as voting, are utilized. But overall democracy is as bad as fascism.

And before you throw stuff at me, I'm talking about where in a pure democracy 50.1% of the people can dictate terms to 49.9% of them.
But, wouldn't that be a mandate?

It's funny the things that still bother me following legalized same sex marriage. I realize I'm in the minority on that issue so I have cane to accept that's what the people want. But when we run public service announcements paid for by public dollars about the need to vaccinate, do we really need two woman who are married to each other telling us to get the shot? Pushing one agenda (vaccine) while pushing a separate agenda (same sex marriage) pisses me off.

I get your point but you are talking about two different things here. A fascist country can still be democratic and a communist government can still be fascist.

It is the Disney utopian world that is BS. ;) :D
Uh, no.

fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi- \

1. often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Le Pen is going to end up winning the next election. That’s when things will get real interesting

Macron should still easily win the election after the run-off. All the polls with Le Pen close or winning are with all candidates, but the top two in France have a run-off. In heads up polls Macron still has a 10 to 15% lead.

What recent events and polling has done has pushed Macron to recognize and act on many rightwing talking points when it comes Islam and what would be called wokeness or political correctness in the US. The goal being to draw back some of the working class, union voters that are typically leftwing voters but are culturally drawn to cultural arguments made by Le Pen.

Ultimately, Le Pen is the French equivalent of Trump in the US and Trudeau in Canada, an ego-driven ideologue but who doesn't have enough celebrity, wealth, or successful presidential father to push her past the establishment candidate.

Uh, no.

1. often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Boy, that is starting to sound all too familiar.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2h
Macron should still easily win the election after the run-off. All the polls with Le Pen close or winning are with all candidates, but the top two in France have a run-off. In heads up polls Macron still has a 10 to 15% lead.

What recent events and polling has done has pushed Macron to recognize and act on many rightwing talking points when it comes Islam and what would be called wokeness or political correctness in the US. The goal being to draw back some of the working class, union voters that are typically leftwing voters but are culturally drawn to cultural arguments made by Le Pen.

Ultimately, Le Pen is the French equivalent of Trump in the US and Trudeau in Canada, an ego-driven ideologue but who doesn't have enough celebrity, wealth, or successful presidential father to push her past the establishment candidate.
That 10-15% is probably the Muslim vote.

Macron’s only hope is to adopt those policies. I don’t know how many will buy it though. His term has been pretty awful

Uh, no.

Good catch teach. I was considering the idea of fascism which is a very heavy dose of nationalism in response to lotr10's post suggesting democracy can be worse which I disagree. Democracy ebbs and flows and I do understand his point but I certainly would not want to live under an autocracy fascist state.

At the end of the day, I agree with the French generals for reasons previously stated.

Uh, no.

I give you the modern left.