Twenty generals call for coup against Macron warning of ‘civil war’ and ‘disintegration of France at hands of Islamists’

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
TWENTY retired generals have called for military rule if Emmanuel Macron fails to halt what they call the "disintegration" of France "at the hands of Islamists".

A chilling open letter claimed "civil war" would erupt without firm action, and suggested large swathes of the armed forces were ready to support their call to arms.

Mr Macron's government condemned the letter as an "outrage", and compared it to the failed coup against President de Gaulle 60 years ago.

If you have been following global politics it should not be shocking that right wing extremists are as dangerous in other countries and they are here. Increasingly autocratic/insurrection/civil war minded, and anti-democratic. Not good.

Hopefully these retired generals stay retired and find a new hobby.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
If you have been following global politics it should not be shocking that right wing extremists are as dangerous in other countries and they are here. Increasingly autocratic/insurrection/civil war minded, and anti-democratic. Not good.

Sounds kinda racist to suggest Europeans are just as racist as Americans

Yea just let Islamist take over France.. so what political spectrum are Islamist?

How far do you think we should go to allow Portland and other cities to disintegrate by leftists?

France is pretty right wing... :rolleyes:

Seems kinda racist of the frenchies to hate all the Muslims

they expecting us to go over there and save there asses again?
Which side would Biden and the Dems. support ? If a military leader in the US posted an " open letter " calling for a " coup " the left would round him up and his followers and throw them in the brig just like Nazi Germany.

Thanks. My father actually was shot in the knee during WWII by a German sniper while with the U.S. Army 44th Infantry Division...in France!!! So I guess I have a personal grudge.
Your dad is a hero. I salute him and am enormously grateful what he did.

I have 4 uncles that stormed Omaha beach. Two came back, two did not. One, is still alive.
When you travel to Paris, you see the arrogant jerks that France are known for. They detest us...... Then go to NE France, particularly Omaha Beach and people cry when you tell them that you had relatives that were a part of the invasion. They are thankful for the sacrifices the US and the Allies laid on that strip of beach......

There is going to be a lot of tension and probably violent conflict in the coming years in many western European countries between right-leaning groups and growing Islamic communities that have significantly higher birth rates than the below replacement birth rates of the majority groups in these countries.

Your dad is a hero. I salute him and am enormously grateful what he did.

I have 4 uncles that stormed Omaha beach. Two came back, two did not. One, is still alive.
When you travel to Paris, you see the arrogant jerks that France are known for. They detest us...... Then go to NE France, particularly Omaha Beach and people cry when you tell them that you had relatives that were a part of the invasion. They are thankful for the sacrifices the US and the Allies laid on that strip of beach......
Thanks to men like your uncles, we are still a great nation. They truly were the Greatest Generation. My family lineage goes back to the Pennsylvania Malitia during the Revolutionary War. Everyone should be thankful for the sacrifices made by our military veterans.

There is going to be a lot of tension and probably violent conflict in the coming years in many western European countries between right-leaning groups and growing Islamic communities that have significantly higher birth rates than the below replacement birth rates of the majority groups in these countries.
I would be more worried about the Islamic caliphate and Sharia law than what you call right wing groups. If you are not one of them you are an infidel.

Last edited:
I would be more worried about the Islamic caliphate and Sharia law than what you call right wing groups. If you are not one of them you are able infidel.

I'm not giving preference to one or the other. It's inevitable that this will come to a crossroads as they increasingly become a larger percentage of the population in these places over the next 20-30 years.

Western Europe screwed up really bad letting in many who were unlikely to assimilate to Western values whether as needed/desired labor or as refugees while also not doing enough to incentivize their own to have more children. For many of these countries, I don't think there's any going back on this as low birthrates are increasingly making migrants/immigrants needed labor as the domestic population continues to age.

The retired generals aren't the dangerous people in this situation.

At first glance and the glances thereafter, it doesn't seem that they landed in Western Europe to get a job.

Reactions: y2h

You and I are pretty aligned on many things but this one I have to agree with the generals.

We have allowed our kindness to become weakness (the West). There is this BS notion that we have to live in some utopian Disney type world and the fact of the matter is we still live in a eat or be eaten world. You are correct, we have allowed extremists to hide behind the veil of our Western values of openness and free speech. We need the ability to smack them down without some bleeding heart idealist telling us how "wrong" we are.

Never forget that for all of our great freedoms we have we did not get here by being "nice." Things do not just happen on their own. You either make them happen or they happen to you.